Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

Slartibartfast

Ben said:
Slartibartfast said:
What do people think of the new line combos?
Can you please remind me of the new lines? I was in awe of the new arena and didn't pay attention to that :DWD
I may be wrong as I was watching streaming but I think it was:-

Martin Lord Kurka
Doucet Russell Morrisette
Haddad Hervato Culligan

The first line looked good and got better as the game went on.
Not sure about the second line.Seemed ok I think. I know Doucet got a goal but was that on the powerplay line?
Third line was a good high energy checking line.

I would have never thought of these combinations but for new combos I thought they did ok. It will be interesting to see how they look when they have settled. (Although there is little time). It is a brave move to change lines radically this late in the season but I think it needed to be done.

Ocko

If it's a straight swap of Culligan and Salters tonight in light of Culligan not returning last night then a line of Haddad, Hervato and Salters is one hell of hitting line.

Would love to see them up against Keefe, Lloyd and Boxhill.

august04

I hope Lord leaves the defensive line up well alone now for the run in. Tweak the pairings if need be but that's about it. We need consistency and stability at the back end, rotate forwards as appropriate depending on the status of Culligan.

august04 said:
I went to see a Fire game recently and the screens had the regular scoreboard showing on them which I thought was great. I don't see the need for showing the game live on screen instead of a regular scoreboard overlay, as the views are so great from anywhere in the arena. Put replays/ graphics on them, yes, but for regular play, revert to a traditional scoreboard. The penalties were way too small on the screen tonight, could barely see them.
Vodafone network was awful in there, coverage needs to be addressed. The furniture in the bar was terrible, hope that gets sorted too very soon. The other negative for me was the sound system. We need speakers closer to the crowd, the ones near the scoreboard weren't powerful enough, seemed distant and I could barely hear the music, intro etc. And the benches were cramped, don't be mistaken about that! Despite the great views, I had difficulty seeing the puck go in the net tonight, perhaps the red light behind the goal could be a bit closer and more obvious?
But the good outweighs the remaining issues. It's a fantastic place to watch hockey and I think the atmosphere will be terrific in there. Still a few things to complete, but I'm sure we'll get there in time, even if it takes the off season to make it right.
As far as the game goes, it was a good performance from the Devils, a bit nervy at times but we got the job done. Same tomorrow night please, it looks like we may need to win the lot to become league champions. A tall order, but got the Erhardt Conference title tonight for a start.

Did ask the question reference the game being shown on the scoreboard as I found it distracting and was told its only temporary as Paul & Todd can't see all the ice from their present position which will be addressed shortly
Also would like to see penalties in larger text as when you get to middle age like me your eyesight ain't the best :lol:
As regards to the furniture in the bar Chris says this is also temporary as new designer furnishings are on order so will be a nice bar area when complete....... We truly are lucky to have such a lovely home here on in!

Gough60

What a fantastic night.
Why are people whining about minor problems (bar furniture, live feed on scoreboard).
We just beat a rival for the league in a bright, warm full new arena.
Yes there will be teathing problems that are bound to be addressed the devil organisation make it their home.
Let's not lose sight of the fact we are 4 wins away from a EHIL league championship.(maybe less)
Thought the boys played really well and didn't look to out of place on our new big ice.

backrow

Shame for Culli to get injured. He was playing his two way hockey, working hard upfront and defensively in the D zone.

Just before the unfortunate collision with Fournier he had made a huge shot block near the end of that crucial penalty kill at the start of the 3rd period with the outcome still very much in doubt.

august04

Ffil06 said:
What a fantastic night.
Why are people whining about minor problems (bar furniture, live feed on scoreboard).
Yes there will be teathing problems that are bound to be addressed the devil organisation make it their home.
Let's not lose sight of the fact we are 4 wins away from a EHIL league championship.(maybe less)
Thought the boys played really well and didn't look to out of place on our new big ice.
Nobody's losing sight of that for goodness sake. Everyone has commented what a fantastic arena it is but there are issues that need to be addressed and I'm sure they will in time. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be discussed though, surely that's what a forum is for. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Russky

OJ is hosting MNL today from 5:30pm so if you cant afford the webcast or get to the IAW in person, this is the next best option to keep track on how the Devils are doing.

If you are going to the game and by some miracle have a mobile signal send us updates please to 07527 625206

We are still hoping to bring you coverage of the game but like last night it will not be MNL's usual comprehensive serivice

Score predictions & comments as always to matchnightlive@gmail.com

Gough60

Having to read it on a topic titled Devils v Giants distracts from the important result and 2 points gained.
If you start a thead titled "whining, moaning and bitching about new rink"
I will stay well away from it.

august04

Ffil06 said:
Having to read it on a topic titled Devils v Giants distracts from the important result and 2 points gained.
If you start a thead titled "whining, moaning and bitching about new rink"
I will stay well away from it.
There will be comments on both the game and the arena in this thread. It's inevitable on opening night. I'm sure you can skip a post if you see someone's thoughts on the arena within it, both positive and negative. The match night experience is a valid discussion point in my view.

august04 said:
Ffil06 said:
What a fantastic night.
Nobody's losing sight of that for goodness sake. Everyone has commented what a fantastic arena it is but there are issues that need to be addressed and I'm sure they will in time. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be discussed though, surely that's what a forum is for. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Slightly over the top reaction i would say.. It may be a case of now we are actually in, any shortcomings in the rink not being addressed until end of season.
Are people going to post on these issues on every match thread?

A hopeful scenario being...yeah we won the league tonight, but i still cant get reception on my phone and had to queue for a beer

All i'm saying is i'm with Ffil06, get a seperate thread!!!

Wannabe2

Can I just say Durham, Newcastle, Hull, Whitley Bay, London racers, Ayr Scottish Eagles etc etc would give there hind teeth to have what we have, our new gaff will only get better, where as our dump opposite can only get worse. Let's all just chill out and enjoy what we go there for.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

buzzwagon said:
Did ask the question reference the game being shown on the scoreboard as I found it distracting and was told its only temporary as Paul & Todd can't see all the ice from their present position which will be addressed shortly
I would actually like to keep the game feed on the scoreboard.
As someone who sat in Row A of Block 10 last night, I found it impossible to see the far right corner (devils end) as the benches are in the way. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining at the Arena; I think it's fantastic, but there are some places that are difficult for play to be seen in some seats.

I did find my seats better tonight Row F of Block 10 and I was able to see over the benches into that far right corner. It's just the low rows.

Excuse my ignorance but haven't really been following the top of the table - I assume Sheffield win the title if you finish equal on points? What is it based on first after points?