Devils v Giants - 08/09 @ 18:15 - League - Chat/Updates

KaneDevils

We have one computer in the house, the one I'm using, nothing wrong with my connection.

Not sure what was worse in the end, the glare or the pain of watching the third period!

OUCH.

I haven't got fibre optic and i had no buffering. Webcast was good except the ice but oh well. Brent is hilarious!! Good game for first two periods. We were physical and had some great play. Hats off to Conboy for stepping in and doing what he's here for. The ref must have been drunk if he thought that was 5+game.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

We we're in that game until that stupid bloody move by Conboy! What an idiot. Could have just waited for keefe to stand up and go toe to toe. Fair fight both sit out for 5. Liability gotta go. Better out there that won't lose us games.

KaneDevils

the devil himself said:
We we're in that game until that stupid bloody move by Conboy! What an idiot. Could have just waited for keefe to stand up and go toe to toe. Fair fight both sit out for 5. Liability gotta go. Better out there that won't lose us games.
I tend to agree. I like him but he's a bit hot headed. We had just fought back from 2 down too. Oh well.
As for the stream, periods 1 and 2 no buffering, 3rd a fair bit. I don't know what caused it to be honest.
I don't think I'll use it again unless the glare is sorted. I couldn't see the puck throughout the game until it hit the back of our net anyway :|

Gazza272

the devil himself said:

Disagree with this mate.

Joe let in some soft ones tonight, fair play that's going to happen with so little game time and the fact he has only been a goalie for a short period of his hockey life. But I don't think Lacosta would have let a few of those in. Not blaming Joe totally, the guys intensity went down.

Let's remember Keefe has had carte blanche to throw the kind of hits he did tonight with no retaliation, I'd much rather Conboy send a message to him than Keefe think he can do what he wants in our place.

A

Anonymous

Conboy was stupid for doing what he did, either he has a serious talking too or release the guy!
Myers was left hanging to dry all game and conceded a few silly goals,

The teams passing were poor and noone performed to there ability at all!

Gutted :(

the devil himself said:
We cry out for this kind of guy for years and he comes in and sends a message and we moan?

Should we have gassed Voth for high hits, jumping players and fighting behind the benches? No, because you need players on your team who will not take crap from anyone. I've met Keefe in Belfast and he was a great guy but on the ice he's been getting away with too much for too long.

KaneDevils

Keefe is clever though at what he does. He draws that reaction and subsequently wins his team the game. We fought back from 2-0 down to tie, and would of been on the PP. Instead, Conboy should invite Keefe to his feet than go toe to toe. That would of been the clever thing to do.
After all, Keefes hit on Blight was a bit naughty, I've seen far worse.

A

Anonymous

By the way! The intro was terrible and reminded me of the wnir years ago.
Mumbles is poor so bring back Paul Sullivan definately

I understand the point but if Keefe refuses we're back to square one and one of our star players has taken a big hit. I agree there have been worse hits but surely Conboy is there to protect the skill guys?

Conboy is what we need. We have missed this ever since brad hung up his skates. I think the score line would have been worse had conboy never played. A bit of time to learn the way the refs are in this league and he will do well. Sweet goal from him too tonight!

the devil himself said:
We we're in that game until that stupid bloody move by Conboy! What an idiot. Could have just waited for keefe to stand up and go toe to toe. Fair fight both sit out for 5.
Agree with your point here... but

Liability gotta go. Better out there that won't lose us games.
He was playing well up to that point and scored a good goal.

Keefe had a great game threw some good hits, fought, and scored two good goals including one short handed. Giants once Conboy gave away the penalty started to take control of the game and in the end out worked the Devils.

Good start to the season for the Giants.

My thoughts on the game for what they're worth:

Was curious to see how we'd do against one of the bigger teams after starting well last night. We're notoriously bad travellers.

Thought Joe did alright in net. We know any back up is going to concede a few but the first especially and one or two others were poor but he'll be better for them.

Conboy; disappointed in him there. I love the physical aspect of hockey. I love the tough guys. But I can't stand stupid plays. It was obvious he'd get chucked and the pen hurt us.

Matt Myers: thought he was everywhere

Max: some good moves

Ross: hope I'm not being too harsh here but looked slow, turns like the QE2 and gave up the puck a lot. Positives were a couple good hits but needs to be sharper. Otherwise I'd put him down as another Doug MacIver. It's early days though.

Not sure what others will make of this but they're my thoughts anyway.

Overall: Happy with 2 points from this weekend after playing our back up for 4 periods of hockey

Max

I agree with him sending a message definitely! However wouldn't the correct and sportsman like way of doing so be to wait for keefe to stand up, then fight him properly? We would be moaning like hell if keefe had done that to one of our players? We've played what five games? He's avoided a 5 game ban luckily and picked up a game ban tonight? Hands down plumton could have sent a message In the correct way? Plenty of players inside our locker room who would be able to fill the enforcer role.

the devil himself said:
I agree with him sending a message definitely! However wouldn't the correct and sportsman like way of doing so be to wait for keefe to stand up, then fight him properly? We would be moaning like hell if keefe had done that to one of our players? We've played what five games? He's avoided a 5 game ban luckily and picked up a game ban tonight? Hands down plumton could have sent a message In the correct way? Plenty of players inside our locker room who would be able to fill the enforcer role.
He has not picked up a game ban, he got a 5+game.

Keefe would have done the same I would imagine. Plus i would hardly say he is the most sportsmanlike at times.

ASHIPP

A masterclass in how to destroy the opposition in p3 from the Giants:

4 goals in 12 minutes
1 shorthanded goal
2 goals gifted to Giants by poor passing
goals from several different players
outstanding defence

Said it before they played and tonight they demonstrated their capabilities - Giants will be running Panthers all the way for the league title.

Devils were in it for p1 and p2. Then two goals down they were chasing the game. Joe left exposed on several occassions as Devils pushed to get a goal. Devils' tiredness from Fife trip was exploited brilliantly by Giants in p3. Belfast were first to everything and always looked like they could speed up another notch. Class.

No excuses unfortunately Devils beaten by a better team.