Devils v Giants - 08/09 @ 18:15 - League - Chat/Updates

drainage

claretgiant said:
drainage said:
claretgiant said:
all these people claiming Keefe isn't tough, or is scared of Conboy really need to look closely at the link to his fight card. He has fought some very tough guys throughout his career.
imagine the uproar if Keefe had done what Conboy did, to a Devils player, im sure a few would be calling for a lengthy ban, but that's by the by.
maybe it didn't warrant a game penalty (the penalty was 5 + game for excessive roughing, so does that make the Phillips 3rd man in penalty wrong to?) but that decision was made by ref and linesmen, we can moan and complain until we are blue in the face, it changes nothing.
Its amazing how there are so many differing opinions of what happened, made by so many people that were either there or watched the webcast. one thing is for sure, Keefe will not shy away from anyone, this includes Conboy, who IMO once he becomes a bit more accustomed to the league and more importantly the refereeing will certainly be an asset to the Devils. Definitely looking forward to the next couple of games next month at the BBT.
Not sure how debating what Conboys penalty should be or shouldn't be makes Phillips 3rd man in questionable ?? Irrespective of whether they were roughing, fighting or discussing flower arranging he was third man in. I also didnt hear the excessive part of roughing but if it was called like that fair enough

I am not saying Keefe isn't tough but slashing when on his knees is cheap in my opinion ....and if you watched the footage he clearly did that
Like you say next games be interesting and hopefully in our favour !
I watched the game on Sunday and have watched the replay....still no point in arguing who deserved what, its happened and cannot be changed... as for slashing someone whilst on his knees, didn't a Devils player do exactly the same to Olsen in your first pre-season game against Coventry before Conboy jumped onto Olsen, but I don't recall him being called cheap......pot and kettle eh :lol:
As I wasnt there I don't know so can't and haven't commented ..... I did see and therefore did comment on what I saw on Sunday , you went to our game against Coventry mid week in Coventry ?? Or are you commenting on what you have been told/read/ assumed ??I notice you don't agree or disagree Keefe slashed whilst on his knees and should have been penalised ?

By all means post the slash on Olson and happy to look and comment!!! Never let it be said I won't be fair!

Finny

claretgiant said:
I watched the game on Sunday and have watched the replay....still no point in arguing who deserved what, its happened and cannot be changed... as for slashing someone whilst on his knees, didn't a Devils player do exactly the same to Olsen in your first pre-season game against Coventry before Conboy jumped onto Olsen, but I don't recall him being called cheap......pot and kettle eh :lol:
Just re-watched those highlights and it would appear you are talking nonsense. Again.

Finny said:
claretgiant said:
Just re-watched those highlights and it would appear you are talking nonsense. Again.
exactly how am I talking nonsense?

I DIDNT disagree about the slash by Keefe, he did slash at Conboy once and maybe he should have been penalised, but we all know that some calls are missed or ignored.
as for the slash by a Devils player v Coventry, try looking at you own clubs video footage of the game its there for all to see.

so once again I ask, how am I talking nonsense?

claretgiant said:
Finny said:
claretgiant said:

I DIDNT disagree about the slash by Keefe, he did slash at Conboy once and maybe he should have been penalised, but we all know that some calls are missed or ignored.
as for the slash by a Devils player v Coventry, try looking at you own clubs video footage of the game its there for all to see.

I still think Conboy did the right thing, we got a bench to role 4 lines and have Plumton, Ross, Adams, Max, Batch plus more to handle the physicality of a game, it should not affect us that much him leaving.
A player that hit's hard and that has scored a decent number of times in the AHL as a tough power forward, and it should not affect your team if he leaves. :lol: Conboy brings more to the table than just enforcing.

I doubt it with Keefe and Lloyd. I still remember the Biz Flu they suffered last year when they knew there was someone who would be happy to drop them.

I've said it before Keefe and Lloyd are cowards.
Keefe and Lloyd were hitting and checking Devils left & right and centre last season in Belfast, and Keefe tried to get Biz to fight but Biz did not want it. I could see why as the game was already lost for the Devils and he probable did not want to risk an injury fighting in an EIHL game with the NHL lock-out just about to end. So no BizFlu in Belfast it must of just been a Cardiff thing.

Keefe is only 5'10'' 200lbs but will fight anyone, often fighting much bigger heavyweight enforcers as well, certainly not a coward.

Enjoying the fan rivalry on the the forums between the Giants and Devils fans the last few season's, it makes game thread a lot more fun to read. It's also Good to see so many Devils fans see what Keefe brings to the table. I know I would dislike Lloyd if he played for any other team, but it's for the same reason's why he's one of my favorites in Belfast. Great agitator.

Finny

claretgiant said:

Why has our club got video footage of a game in Coventry?

Conboy done his job pretty simple really! its very early days but he brings a lot of what Voth did on the ice im hoping he will be with Cardiff long term the club needs a player with his character!