Devils v Blaze - 24/09 @ 19:00 - CCup - Chat/Updates

Russky

maybe not but it will continue as long as we have texters available and willing to send texts direct from the games.

Last edited:

jimmy snels

One of the best games id watched in a while. Had a bit of everything!
Only things id like to add to was the obvious change in refereeing for the one big incident. My criticism of hicks for as long as he's reffed at the tent is his handling of big calls. He tends to either bottle it completely or mostly just 'even it out'. Quite how bordy got ejected for what he did i dont know!
The polish fella was incredibly good at keeping it consistent. I genuinely thought he'd call any big hits etc to start with but he litrally only called the most obviously high/late ones. Best ref I've seen in a twelve month. Also liked against clan the 10 minute pens for giving him lip, Great to see!!

Also I've never seen a crowd effect a pro quite like stewart. Its incredible and i wonder if we should be doing it to the opposition netminder every week to see which ones break! Stewart lost his mind for a spell there.

BostonBart22

One of the best games id watched in a while. Had a bit of everything!
Only things id like to add to was the obvious change in refereeing for the one big incident. My criticism of hicks for as long as he's reffed at the tent is his handling of big calls. He tends to either bottle it completely or mostly just 'even it out'. Quite how bordy got ejected for what he did i dont know!
The polish fella was incredibly good at keeping it consistent. I genuinely thought he'd call any big hits etc to start with but he litrally only called the most obviously high/late ones. Best ref I've seen in a twelve month. Also liked against clan the 10 minute pens for giving him lip, Great to see!!

Also I've never seen a crowd effect a pro quite like stewart. Its incredible and i wonder if we should be doing it to the opposition netminder every week to see which ones break! Stewart lost his mind for a spell there.
totally agree , especially sunday v panthers would be good to see wilkman crack under the red army roar. hope i see the day a nettie smashes his stick on the goal frame like mark bernard did a few times he faced the devils at wnir, lost it big time.

Finny

I'm no fan of Hicks but I'm not sure what else he could have done here.

The initial incident was behind the play so none of the officials would have seen it. He might not have even seen the start of the second incident where Bordeleau got injured.

To be honest Bordeleau getting sent to the dressing room might not have been the worst thing for him to do. He was clearly wound up and was looking to get revenge, which might have led to doing something which got him a suspension.

KaneDevils

Just watching the highlights again and I must tip my hat to the commentators. They are, to be fair, really good at what they do. Fair play.

Glad Lois won't face any ban and very glad he did what he did. Bordy being sticked obviously aggrieved him big time. Can't believe klotz will get away with that, from a governing perspective anyway. I'm sure bordy won't let him get away with it.

Just watching the highlights again and I must tip my hat to the commentators. They are, to be fair, really good at what they do. Fair play.

Glad Lois won't face any ban and very glad he did what he did. Bordy being sticked obviously aggrieved him big time. Can't believe klotz will get away with that, from a governing perspective anyway. I'm sure bordy won't let him get away with it.
Agreed although I often think they are so scared of sounding biased they seem biased in favour of the away team.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Really Glad Louis won't face a ban either. That would leave a massive gap in our D. A very capable and reliable D man/Team guy.

Wannabe2

No a 360 camera is what is needed, a camera on the bench is no good if the incident is beyond that, but out of play. Bench camera, Goal camera, play camera, ref camera, where does it end.

Electro

21st century.

Yes there are cameras that can be used, but since goal lights seemed to be black magic to the IAW, get them may require intervention from God.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As there's no footage of the incident, was it Noble or Klotz who hit Bordeleau from the bench?
Your team is definitely the team to beat this year. You've got a great mix of goals, skill and physicality, something as a blaze fan we were promised but don't seem to have. Yet to meet one blaze fan who thinks Klotz should be here, hopefully after Bordeleau has dealt with him he's off.

Good to see that Blaze/Devils games are going to have the rivalry as usual this season though. Always creates talking points.