Devils v Blaze - 24/09 @ 19:00 - CCup - Chat/Updates

Kal

As there's no footage of the incident, was it Noble or Klotz who hit Bordeleau from the bench?
Your team is definitely the team to beat this year. You've got a great mix of goals, skill and physicality, something as a blaze fan we were promised but don't seem to have. Yet to meet one blaze fan who thinks Klotz should be here, hopefully after Bordeleau has dealt with him he's off.

Good to see that Blaze/Devils games are going to have the rivalry as usual this season though. Always creates talking points.
Happened a bit quick but I'm pretty sure Noble had the initial dig as Bordy passed then Koltz hit him when he turned back.

James

Administrator
From what I gather, Noble gave him a bop which caused him to turn around at which point Klutz sticked him in the face. I didn't see anything personally other than Bordelau on the ice bleeding though.

bdevil

I've just heard Noble wasn't involved at all. Someone who saw the whole thing because they were following Bordeleau has stated that it was #9 Zajac that poked Bordeleau with his stick as he skated past, Bordeleau then turned to see who had done it and confront them but got punched in the face by Klotz.

Devil_Abroad

As there's no footage of the incident, was it Noble or Klotz who hit Bordeleau from the bench?
Your team is definitely the team to beat this year. You've got a great mix of goals, skill and physicality, something as a blaze fan we were promised but don't seem to have. Yet to meet one blaze fan who thinks Klotz should be here, hopefully after Bordeleau has dealt with him he's off.

Good to see that Blaze/Devils games are going to have the rivalry as usual this season though. Always creates talking points.
Believe it was Noble first - Bordeleau turned to face it and Klotz then struck him. A few years ago I think we'd have had a bench clearance and a few bans. Though we all see problems with various referees and their decisions from time to time you have to hand it to Hicks and the linos that this didn't deteriorate; of course applause also needs to be given to both coaches and other players too that nothing more happened.

Hicks also didn't take the push by Bordeleau further and though many may see that as weak it shows great maturity - I hope an apology from Bordeleau on the night was given and may have helped? He had lost it when seeing the plexi take a few hard punches [emoji15]

It is great to see the rivalry back, both for the fans but also the players - I'm sure it's fun for them too not knowing exactly what will happen each time they play lol

It's going to be a fascinating season as no team will be able to take a 'night off'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tim78

Just watched a youtube video of EIHL fights last season and the first lot involve Salters fighting Blaze because he was sticked from the bench. I don't recall many sticking incidents from the bench but it's a bit iffy that it's happened twice with Blaze players of the last 2 seasons.