Devils @ Stars - Sat 21st September - 7:00pm - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils @ Stars - Sat 21st September - 7:00pm - Chat/Upda

Kerry said:
What I dont understand is G seems to have signed some really decent players so is the fact that they are all lazy or that G's coaching/line choices are simply not working.

I think I'm correct in saying that I've read that several of this season's players have joined the team based on recommendations of friends/previous players for Neil Francis. Raises interesting questions in my mind :?

Paul Sullivan

I'm really grateful that many of our current fans weren't around for the 13-0 hiding at the hands of Durham Wasps. They may never have seen the light of day again.

And that was at the WNIR for those who think we never lost there either.

We are all disappointed. We all hope for better. Thinking that our coaches and players are happy to accept tonight's result is ridiculous, and nobody will be hurting more than them right now as they make the very long journey home. What they need is a loud, proud and atmospheric BBT tomorrow night, not fans baying for the blood of their coach or themselves.

They need to do the job they get paid for, nothing more, nothing less. Our 'job', irrespective of ticket price, is to roar them on to a victory worthy of song.

Here's hoping to an epic atmosphere being generated tomorrow night to get the fans to spur on the team.

Paul

great post, it is what being a devil fan is all about. through good times and bad i would not have it any other way

BostonBart22

BostonBart22 said:
Paul Sullivan said:
I'm really grateful that many of our current fans weren't around for the 13-0 hiding at the hands of Durham Wasps. They may never have seen the light of day again.

And that was at the WNIR for those who think we never lost there either.

We are all disappointed. We all hope for better. Thinking that our coaches and players are happy to accept tonight's result is ridiculous, and nobody will be hurting more than them right now as they make the very long journey home. What they need is a loud, proud and atmospheric BBT tomorrow night, not fans baying for the blood of their coach or themselves.

They need to do the job they get paid for, nothing more, nothing less. Our 'job', irrespective of ticket price, is to roar them on to a victory worthy of song.
brill post paul, the only way you could get an epic atmosphere is if mumbles does the right thing and steps down for your return, by the way i was at that game v. durham , if i can remember was that the game that finished around midnight due to durhams flight diverted to birmingham instead of cardiff due to fog
Here's hoping to an epic atmosphere being generated tomorrow night to get the fans to spur on the team.
oops, brill post paul,the only way you could get an epic atmosphere is if mumbles does the right thing and steps down for your return, by the way i was at that game v durham, if i can remember was that the game that finished around midnight due to durhams flight being diverted to birmingham instead of cardiff due to fog or was that another game against durham and i think devils lost that one 10 4 :DWD

Finny

Wrong on both accounts BostonBart. Wrong season too.

And what is up with all these new posters who have no understanding of the English language?

KaneDevils

Yes a good rally call from Paul there.
But as paying fans we have every right to have a go at the team, especially as we've made such a poor start.
4/5 games in now is it and we have gassed a player, brought 2 in, changed the lines how many times?
And now lost 7-0 to Dundee. Pretty hard to get motivated right now.
The chances of us beating the Panthers tonight aren't even slim.
Something is clearly wrong in the camp and whatever it is needs addressing, and quick!

Finny

So have we all sobered up and calmed down this morning? A couple of english lessons are needed by some of our newer posters it would seem too.

We've always had a bad record in Dundee and with the Stars having such a great start to the season last night was always going to be tough. No I didn't expect us to lose 7-0 but once the game is over 7-0 is no different to 1-0 in the league standings.

We outshot them 10-8 in that first period but ended it 0-3 down. Indeed overall we outshot them 36-22 so it doesn't sound like there was no effort. One of those nights where we have a backup netminder in and theirs is having a blinder having already won player of the week for two weeks running.

Of their 8 games in Scotland so far this season, Dundee have won 7. Lets not get too carried away yet. As kettdevil pointed out in another thread, the last time we won the league we lost 3 of our opening 6 games. And they were all at home without an injury to our starting netminder.

BostonBart22

finny, why are you having a go at new posters, thought my english was good considering i am welsh.

Finny

Because the forum rules are that correct English must be used. No txttlk. No posts all in caps. And it would help if certain posters proofread what they just typed before hitting Submit.
I wasn't on about though you. It was other posters whose attempts at communication were just garbled nonsense.

BostonBart22

Finny said:
Because the forum rules are that correct English must be used. No txttlk. No posts all in caps. And it would help if certain posters proofread what they just typed before hitting Submit.
I wasn't on about though you. It was other posters whose attempts at communication were just garbled nonsense.
point taken.

BostonBart22 said:
Finny said:
point taken.
proofread take your own advice finny "i wasn't on about though you" :oops: :oops:

osh

nebarton666 said:
BostonBart22 said:
Finny said:
point taken.
proofread take your own advice finny "i wasn't on about though you" :oops: :oops:

Oh 'yeh' Finny, using *'s to disguise swear words is not encouraged on the forum either, but you seem to think it's ok :lol:
If the mods have a problem with any posters, let them do their job and in the meantime you can try and get your own posts right.

KaneDevils

I wasn't on about though you
Eh? What's that about proofreading before hitting submit?

What the hell has posters English got to do with the fact we were battered by Dundee. Sounds like your as frustrated as us Finny, but choose to attack the wrong source!

Attack the team, go on, be a Devil. ;)

Finny

osh said:
Oh 'yeh' Finny, using *'s to disguise swear words is not encouraged on the forum either, but you seem to think it's ok :lol:
If the mods have a problem with any posters, let them do their job and in the meantime you can try and get your own posts right.
It wasn't a swear word.

ASHIPP

Tonight's result was a heavy loss bearing in mind the strength and talent of players on our roster.

Apply any one or combination of these to tonight's performance:

1. Dundee were simply much better. They have 5/5 wins now. That tells you something.

2. Devils' systems all wrong.

3. Lack of team motivation.

4. Too much time in the bin allowing opposition to punish team.

5. Devils badly missing NUMBER ONE goalie ...hope it wont be long before Dan is fit enough.

Slartibartfast

Finny said:
We outshot them 10-8 in that first period but ended it 0-3 down. Indeed overall we outshot them 36-22 so it doesn't sound like there was no effort. One of those nights where we have a backup netminder in and theirs is having a blinder having already won player of the week for two weeks running.
36 shots on goal. So we can hardly accuse the team of being lazy.

Even if the defence played poorly a 67.86% save percentage is pretty awful. Our number 1 priority has to be a netminder. We seem to outshoot our opponents every game. Must be really demoralising for the players. Hopefully Dan will be back soon.

Something obviously went wrong up front though. Maybe the change of lines meant we were not getting quality shots off. Generally, I don't think we have a huge problem with our forwards. If you look at the goals scored in games so far, we have scored 25 goals in 7 games so an average of 3.57. From what I can see on Dundees website, they have scored 17 in 5 games so an average of 3.4. (If you include last nights game it reads Dundee 4 goals per game, Devils 3.12). So we are not a million miles away in scoring from Dundee who are leading the league.

So it might be all doom and gloom at the moment but I believe this problem can and will be fixed.

In the meantime, as the familiar slogan says 'KEEP CALM and SUPPORT THE DEVILS'

Proof to me that NM are game changers, we had a hot NM in the Stars net facing 50% more shots than Blais did, with lacosta in net I'm sure we would have faired better.
As for Conboy, maybe he is just fustrated and shows that he cares, in a strange way ;-)
Doubt I'll stay up for tonights game

KaneDevils

Finny said:
osh said:
It wasn't a swear word.
Think he means the 'Conboy. OK, here goes' thread.
Suprised the mods haven't seen it ........

Martynwo said:
Proof to me that NM are game changers, we had a hot NM in the Stars net facing 50% more shots than Blais did, with lacosta in net I'm sure we would have faired better.
As for Conboy, maybe he is just fustrated and shows that he cares, in a strange way ;-)
Doubt I'll stay up for tonights game
Spot on about the netminder. Whilst it is frustrating, the nature of the league means that if your import nm gets injured, you are 90% going to lose. Your season starts when Dacosta is back as on paper still look decent.