devils sign centre.....

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #1
Devils sign centre Scott Matzka..... allegedly!
Played in Finland last season and Ahl experience... put up points everywhere he has played!

Stated as a rumour on Elite Prospects as well. He's certainly been around a bit. I'm not a stat expert but he looks good to me.

A

Anonymous

His points scored make pleasant reading. Wouldn't mind at all if Matzka is our new 1st line centre. How likely is this rumor to be true?

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #4
And he's GUARANTEED to get you at between 60-80 points.................................................... on a triple word score in scrabble!!!

DevilDom

Looks quite tasty and has some decent stats, however he is the wrong side of 30. Hopefully if he signs he will not be here for a holiday!

This guy looks unbelievable, he could walk onto any first line in the league and if he signs i would't be surprised to see him finish top in points scoring at the end of the season

Skippy

James said:
skippy said:
Am I reading the stats right only 2 games last season ?
37 games for Örebro 2 games for Tappara and 7 games for Jokipojat
Ah right my bad :oops:

So Elite prospects says...

Good two-way player with all-round skills. Good skater, good shot and good spelförståelse. Can play both center and outer wing. Good leadership skills. Need to develop a continuity in the game. Aggressive style of play with many expulsions. Reliable scorer and points picker for several seasons in the Danish league. (By: Ulf Andersson)

James

Administrator
from a poster on THF

BisonFan 92 said:
holy !!! If Cardiff get Scott then he will be hands down the best player in the league.

Matzka was a HUGE reason as to why Jokipojat lifted the Mestis (finnish second division) playoff championship last season, he was completely dominant in that league. He scored his first goal in the SM-Liiga in his debut game for Tappara until he was sent down for reasons I dont understand.

Also was part of one of the most successful Odense side in the Danish AL-Bank Liga. When he left, the team finished bottom the following season. When he was in Denmark he was known as one of the most aggressive players in the league.

A great two-player that can play both wing and center, great aggressive skater with a good shot to boot.

If this is true and Cardiff have signed him, then Devils fans are in for a treat with this guy.
He does look rather good. Lets hope we get official confirmation soon :)