Devils sign Andrew Conboy

Koop11

Very excited about this signing. Whilst it’s unfair to make the comparison, he has a Brad Voth feel about him. His stats and footage I've seen of him suggest he does a bit of everything. 23 points in one of his season's in the AHL whose main role if to stand up for his team is very impressive for this level.

With Lord, Plumton, Ross and now Conboy, we certainly won’t be getting knocked around like we did last season.

Welcome to Cardiff Andrew. Yee haw!

ASHIPP

Very excited. And anyone who knows who his brother is will know why.

Andrew is both tough and an experienced AHL player. Looks a perfect fit for for next season's Devils team.....he will be a fan favorite.

Welcome to Cardiff, Andrew.
:D

Finny

His AHL stats in those first two full seasons are very impressive and it is no surprise he was being linked with a call-up to the NHL. Of course the worry is that injury and whether he has recovered from it fully, especially as he appears to have missed quite a few games at the start of March.

If he is over the injury though and we get a full season out of him, it looks a fantastic signing.

potentially great signing, but a big question mark for me. an established ahl player on the verge of possibly an nhl call up 2years ago. at 25 years of age if over his injury i would have thought he would have stayed at home and tried again at the higher level, hope he works out for you and as a coventry fan it is great to see the sort of cardiff side being built that i have loved watching over the years.

Gazza272

I'm a bit cautious about this signing if i'm honest.

I thought we needed a bit of scoring punch having already had Lord, Plumpton and Ross to sort out the rough stuff.

In saying that the college stats look exceptional and we dont get many drafted players to these shores anymore.

But the knee injury concerns me greatly. I really hope he is over it.

If he is it could be the sleeper signing of the off season. But it's the first signing where I havent instantly been impressed.

Wannabe2

Well well chuffed with this signing, huge welcome to Cardiff Andrew. This young man went on a exhibition tour last month with Hockey Canada and Hockey USA and fought Blaze new tough guy Harvey who is one tough dude 3 times. I take my hat off big time to everyone in the Devils organisation, in my humble opinion this seasons team will be the best since the Weller era, its looking very neat to be a Devils fan at the moment, and the least we can do is to turn up in our droves to cheer on our Great club. My god we have Plumton, Conboy, Lord, Ross, and our very own Gerad to look after our players, and that fills me with huge excitement. Its also real neat to learn that a certain Mr Craig Weller recommends to players that Cardiff is a great place to live, and that Didio also recommends our club to players. Cant fault anything about our new team, jesus its looking very good, 3 more signings to go, lets get a quality nettie, hopefully Maxi back, and a tidy offensive D Man and Chrismas will come very early this year. Thanks again guys, don't you just love our Famous club with a passion that is hard to contain, lets get the season on, its going to be Cracker.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS. ;)

Finny said:
His AHL stats in those first two full seasons are very impressive and it is no surprise he was being linked with a call-up to the NHL. Of course the worry is that injury and whether he has recovered from it fully, especially as he appears to have missed quite a few games at the start of March.

If he is over the injury though and we get a full season out of him, it looks a fantastic signing.
Max came to us in similar circumstances regarding injury and he turned out to be just fine.

Injury free sounds like a very promising signing and as already mentioned although shouldn’t be compared to Voth sounds like a similar player which can only be a good thing.

My only concern is whether the league allow him to play his game over here as we all know how that has worked in the past. As long as he isn’t instantly banned by the league for looking tough and wearing a Devils jersey then I’m looking forward to watching this guy. I just hope G briefs him on the officiating and one sided views of this league in terms of hard hitting play especially in a Devils jersey.

Top nettie has to be the key now, if we can pull that one off then I’m happy.

voth26

im guessing he was the one we nearly signed in feb but his coach wouldn't release him, ala frannys comments on the devils website

KaneDevils

Would a player partake in some sort of medical examination before signing like a footballer would?
If not, then perhaps past injuries could be an issue.

If the chap can stay fit then, wow, another top signing.
Can't wait to see him play. Over 150 AHL call ups and some
very nice stats. :p

Heard he rode into town like a rhinestone Conboy. :oops:

voth26

KaneDevils said:
Would a player partake in some sort of medical examination before signing like a footballer would?

:DWD :DWD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shall I get your coat ;) :lol:

voth26 said:
KaneDevils said:

:DWD :DWD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shall I get your coat ;) :lol:
Can I have a go?

"Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a conboy"

"Coz we got a mighty conboy rockin' thru the night
Yeah we got a mighty conboy aint he a beautiful sight
Come on and join our conboy aint nothin' gonna get in our way
We gonna roll this truckin' conboy who comes from the USA"

Lyrics (sort of) - Paul Brandt from the film Convoy

:oops:

rocketbob

I am thinking about pre-ordering a Devils Conboy jersey now. This guy has 'fan favourite' written all over him. :Banana :Banana :Banana