Devils fans get your thinking caps on

Best hit: Stephen Cooper on Dan Dorien of the Panthers. A close second was Dougie's hit on Norm Pinnington when Dougie virtually skated through him about 10 feet from the boards, Pinnington went flying into the boards and Dougie kept going and hit him again against the boards!

Best fight: Possibly when Paul Heavey battered Graham Waghorn in Parliament Street, simply because Waghorn thought he was nails, especially at home. It was made all the more sweet with a 5-2 win.

Best goal: Dougie undressing the Sheffield defence and Marty McKay in Sheffield during a 6-6 draw. Followed closely by Stephen Cooper's 4-on-3 goal to take the lead in the same game - his first game back after a nearly career-ending knee injury. Technically the goal wasn't anything outstanding, but the emotion he showed as he turned to us away fans and screamed was something I'll never forget.

Best save: Hard one this, as individual saves are so hard to remember, so I'll pick a one-game performance - Herlofsky versus Manchester the year we won the playoffs.

this is an email from my BIG BAD BRO he is not on the forum so i have posted for him...SOOOO many memories remember everyone of them....love it

Hits – Jamie Van Der Horst on a Sheffield steelers the guys did a triple spin and finished with a pike.

Fight – There can be on one – Let me tell you a story. Russ lambert cross checked Doug McEwan on centre ice. Mc went off with a split lip gushing blood. Play begins, Lammmmbbbbbeeeerrrrrttttt goes into the corner who should turn up but cooper cooper. He hit him so hard he thought he was in next weeks game against Edinburgh. He knocked him out with one blow. Beautiful sweet chin music.

There are so many – that’s the beautiful hockey game. John burnicle colliding with the zamboni. Someone forgot to lock the gates.

Goals – Glenn Anderson for the devils against Stuttgart. He brought the puck over the blue passed to vez. Vez shoot on goal (weak slapshot) Anderson tipped it up on his stick into the air onto his chest down to his skate coming down and slapped it in the net.
Then again any goal against Sheffield.
Kip Noble and MC They rounded their net 3 times and ripped sown the ice, top left the goalie never moved.
The Cooper slap shot.
Steve Cadieux, Claude Dumas The messiah John Lawless.
Ken Hodge, Steve Thornton and Ivan matulik against Sheffield – Ivan had a score to settle.

Saves – Jeff Smith had a one on one with Kevin King from Peterborough shot and glove save. Kevin King was the same height as Lawless and just as good.
Any save against Tony Hand.
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Stevie lyle go for a walk to the left hand face off lost the puck their forward sent the puck to the centre open goal Lyle slide across and saved. Or was it Frank Caprice?

Do you know that my first game I went to see we beat the Isle of Wight Islanders 26 – 2 it was awesome. I was sat on the benches………………..stamp those feet.

You’ve opened a can of memories. Do you remember Mick Ware launching himself over the nottigham bench at blaisdell.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #46
It was Ross Lambert not Russ, he didnt cross check Dougie he sucker punched him and split his eye open, it wasnt a split lip, and he then got battered by Chinny. Stephen Cooper did deck Lambert with a sweet punch but never knocked him out. Other than that you are spot on. ;)
Oh and Kevin King couldnt hold a candle to the Weasel. ;)