Devils fans get your thinking caps on

Best check - in the WNIR, Koenig was playing for Vipers and had been winding G up all game. At one stage Koenig goes behind the net to play the puck, G takes the chance for payback with an awesome check. Not legal, but well deserved!

Best goal - Playing in the House of Tin, ten seconds left in OT (before pens were brought in) and Burgy has the puck behind his own net. He skates the length of the ice and scores with less than a secod left. Squeelers fans and players moaning like mad...and sheer joy in the Devils block!

Best fight - Cugnet against Cornish...say what you want about his netminding, but he showed he was a team player in that moment!

Chris

Administrator
Thats helpful :?
Ignore the idiot, they've registered another account but I can't be bothered to delete the newest one just yet, but i'll delete all the stupid replies to this thread from this point onwards ;)

And now, back on topic :D

A. The best hits we have ever seen a Devils player throw
Not been following for all that long, so I guess Dewaele's hit back in the WNIR, or possibly a hit from last season up in Newcastle at the start of the season, I think it was Voth who hit Payette who then landed on his face and slid a couple of yards, he looked like he was going to cry afterwards. Probably the only good thing about going to the MRA :)

B. The best fights we have ever seen a Devils player fight.
Again, I seem to have missed all the 'best' fighters the Devils have seen over the years, but the Voth/Knight brawl was particularly good, although Komarek slapping Calder about a bit was also fun to watch :)

C. The best goals we have ever seen a Devils player score.
Richardsons goal this season was one of the best displays of skill i've seen, but as already mentioned Stringer's penalty shot that won us the CC cup in the WNIR was probably the 'best', but for a different reason.

D. The best saves we have ever seen a Devils nettie save.
Although I remember Aubry and Osaer being good, I can't think of any specifics that would make their save the best. Some of Lyles saves this season just gone though have been ace and he's definitely kept us in the game at times, both at home and in away games.

Chris.

kettdevil1

Best Hit
Rob Davison when he first came over here on the rat Peron at the House of Rust, he lined him up from half the length of the rink away and drilled him right in front of us. Perfect
Shame they took advantage of the fact that he was out of position and scored immediately... :cry:

Best Goal
Jeff Ulmer against Panthers, I think it was his third goal where he fired a rocket into the top corner

Best Fight
Cugnet versus Corney is probably the one where I laughed the most but the ones I remember most are Stephen Cooper versus an Ayr Raider (I think it was Tommy Searle) as it was my first look at that side of the game or Peter Ekroth going nuts at someone from one of the Canadian touring teams. Class

Best Save
I don't tend to remember saves as much but every save in the shoot out win against Coventry in the Challenge Cuo Final perhaps.

Wes jarvis... enough said.
:lol: just kidding, not really very good at remembering these things but...
Best Hit
The most memorable hit for me was G's mid ice hit i think it was 08/09 cant remember who it was on though :p.

Best Goal
Will have to go with Regan's penalty winner, best devils moment for me to date!

Chris

Administrator
Ah yes, how on earth did I forget that one!

Please amend my views mr wannabe to include G absolutely nailing Rushton mid ice ;)

Chris.

BEST HIT:- Gotta be Kirk on the chav Blaze!!!
BEST GOAL:-Stringer penalty shot was nearly throwing up by that point with nerves!!
BEST FIGHT:-not really a fight but watching and waiting for the muppet call SHARP come onto the ice making out he was all this and that and Hartwick landing two hits all over.
BEST SAVE:- the one where can't remember what team but they shot from there end and cugnet watch it go over the line, but seriously any Lyle save this season has put up a few.

Also to add best moment in a game:- voth pushing that little canadian playing for the giants at the blue line what was his name oh yes THEO FLUERY haha could watch that over and over!

Hit Russ Romaniuk on jason robinson of london racers also matt myers overtaking a player not sure what team then stopping was a very nice hit. Derek campbell sticks in the mind as one of our best open ice hitters cant remember any specifics though.

Fight Warren Tait against some guy from london!

Goal Russ Romaniuk gwg against nottingham to get us to the playoffs we won 1-0 lined up on defence just outside the offensive zone face off comes to him shimmies through every player ahead of him and scores with a real nice finish.

Save. Cugnet believe ot or not playing in london saves down low to his right rebound straight out into the slott to scott nichol shoots left of the goalie and somehow he got across to glove it.

A

Anonymous

I sat down yesterday afternoon and watched my Devils (3) Panthers (2) OT DVD from this season just gone >

Voths hit on D'amour

D'amour had been getting involved all game, winding up Jay and Tylor. Voth nails him behind his own goal and sits him down nicely. BOOM.

Stevie MoM

Lyle had a great game as usual and made one fantastic save scrambling across to his left and keeping out what looked to be a certain score! BRILLIANT.

As for the best goal, I havent seen that many, so I'll go for >

Finnerty Vs Caps

We had been doing poorly away from the tent and this was a welcomed road victory that kind of set us up for better away results for the remainder of the season. I watched it on the webcast and loved Finnerty's long ranger that flew high into the net through a crowd of traffic. GET IN!

Diafol

Not a goal, fight or hit but a fab moment is included on the DVD from 06/07 (Birbraer's first season with us) and I was struck by something I'd completely forgotten about.

Max gets MOM, has his photo taken and moonwalks back to his team-mates ! Brilliant ! :lol:

Rempel16

A- Best Hits
Kirk Dewaele hip-check on Kazowcka

Sephen Cooper's open ice hip-check (can't think on who), but probably the most technically excuted hit i have ever seen (including NHL)

Romaniuk hit against Blaze, not sure on who, but Romaniuk steps out of the penalty box and absolutely smokes a Blaze player open ice.

B- Best Fights

Mike Ware knocking Dennis Vial down with 3-6 hits
Rempel killing Vrabel for the Blaze
Maxwell cutting Kim Vananen (it was later in the game that Vananen was already cut trying to fight again.
Clayton Norris v Trevor Doyle. Massive battle of two heavyweights where Norris was cut yet still carried on.
Macwilliam v Hoffman series

C- Best Goals
Rejjie in the CC final. The most important goal of our recent history.

D- Best Saves
My memory is too sketchy for goalie saves.

Koop11

Best Hit: Kirk Dewaele’s hip check

Best Fight: Aaron Boh v Frank LaScala. A toe to toe classic.

Best Goal: Doug McEwen coast to coast v Durhum Wasps (think it was the 1990/1991 season)

Best Save: Struggling to find one in particular that sticks in my head but Lyle made a huge save in this year’s playoff final which he tipped onto the post. I’ll go with that massive save until I can think of one.

James

Administrator
Best Fight: Voth vs Jason Robinson when he was playing for the Vipers. He'd been asking for a beating all game. Voth managed to get Robbo hooked over the away bench so he couldnt go to the ice, and just unloaded on him. Think there might be some Spatzy recorded footage on YouTube

I think my favourite goal was Rempel completing his hat trick in that game. Reggie's penalty shot sealed the game but Remps got us there.

Since 02-03
Hit- Dewaele on Kaczowka... shmmmmoked!!

Fight- Bailey vs Marple 02-03... First fight i ever witnessed i think, but a few stick in my mind a la Cugnet vs Vogel, Maxwell vs Vananen (although licking the blood was not needed haha) Dewaele vs Sande where Sande went ass over tit over the devils bench!

Goal- Javis vs Steelers from center ice, Reggie Stringers CC winner, mainly because its the first trophy i saw us win.

Save- Eoin McInerneys diving save across the goal mouth 03-04 when we were 4-0 down to the racers (i believe we won the game 6-5)

Ok these are some of my memories

The best hits we have ever seen a Devils player throw.
Voth on tait thou tait clearly wasn’t paying any attention to the game
Am i making this up...in the old rink before plexi Stephen cooper hit who then went over the boards and got stuck in the netting? Also Max Boom Boom and Priph know how to hit!

The best fights we have ever seen a Devils player fight.
There have been loads but the few i remember McIntyre v (not sure) never usually fights but this once he was a man possessed, Stephen Cooper was a great fighter, Mike Ware chasing a bee player around the ice pad (or was that when mike was in edingburgh?) any Shannon the cannon and of course the mayor Brad fight

The best goals we have ever seen a Devils player score.
MC being chased by rocky....... awesome

The best saves we have ever seen a Devils nettie save.
Its not a save but i remember jeff smith punching a player in the face right behind the refs back brill!!
Herly at Manchester when we won.....he was on his standing on his head.

Gazza272

Best Hit - Deweale has to be up there just because it was executed so memorably, But i have to say one of the cleanest hits i have seen was Mark Smith on Jason Hewitt in his first stint with us, hip checked him centre ice and sent Hewitt Upside down.

Best Fight - Either Peter Ekroth battering that poor canadian Fella who didnt know what hit him, or Ian Mcintrye's fight against a Bee's player (who's name escapes me) there was a scuffle down in one of the corners and Mcintrye and this bees player broke away from the pack and drifted centre ice before going for it.

Best Goal - Mcewen's round and round the net we go. Like a magnet on his stick, pure class.

Best Save - Split on this one, it was either Phil Osaer's pad save from Tessier in the British cup Semi final in 07 or Stevie Lyle's stick save from Dan Carlsson in this years playoff Semi final. I'm not sure wether it was my eyes decieving me, but from where i was Lyle had no right to get his stick across to save that one.