Devils @ Braehead - Saturday Feb 14th - Chat/Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Day two and the Devils make the trip to a shopping centre just outside Glasgow to take on the Clan.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game, if we can as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Rempel16

Interesting article...

If Pitt wants to act the tough guy and throw slashes like he did then he has to prepare to step up. If i was Finnerty i'd be asking why my tough guys let my top scorer get jumped in the first place.

This game could turn into a war. However, i think we have more smarts in our team and if we play tactically we could quite easily get Frank and Fitzgerald to lose their heads.

As for toughness, after Fitzgerald and Salters, who match up to Clarkson and Hendrikx, they have Frank and Meyer to our Mychan and Marsh and then no further toughness (unless Smith is in the team and if you count Harper i guess).... Hardly matches up to Hotham, Lord, Hudson, Batch....

I think if they want a war, they're going to get a bit of a surprise.

BostonBart22

BRING IT ON FINNER. you got battered as a player yourself, thats why your hiding behind the bench giving all the crap out.i really hope your goons start the war and get the bans they deserve and scupper their title hopes.

i doubt he was ever battered as a player from what I recall. As far as a war I also doubt that as they are intent on winning the league, if a close game it will be a tame affair. If a runaway for either hang on as it could get interesting. The goons as you call them have been fairly quiet in their quest of the title I believe as a team they have only averaged 10-14 min in penalties in their last 10 or so games. Having watched your team recently you need to wonder what happened to that championship team with your pick of coach of the year, not to mention the owners stepping up to sign another player

Finny

What happened is that we didn't get to play in the easy conference every week.

And whilst it don't want to make you look stupid, you do realise you've been carrying a 13th import since November don't you?

DevilDom

James said:
So Finnerty confirming what most of us already knew - he is a bit of a muppet.

He knows Devils won't play physical if they are clever because of the run of games they have and so he is trying to make something out of nothing from their last game in Cardiff. Fails to mention the slash from Pitt which instigated the trouble with Mychan last time but I would hardly say he jumped him as Pitt dropped the gloves!

The league is gone for us and of the other teams left in it I would prefer Clan to win it, however just because Finnerty is such a tit it would be funny if they didn't.

jimmy snels

Line up hendrikx (assume he's in tonight?) Marsh Mychan clarkson and lord and make it clear if you want to go it's happening first shift and your ALL going. If finnerty wants a war I'd happily see us do that. I think we can match them easily and this would massively favour us If the outcome of this went as expected. I'd even start will in net and get him down there, he's a big fella him!

Smith was cover for an injury and now remains as he is well liked and fit if needed. I assume any media talk is just that setting the table for a entertaining game. Finnerty has just stated the obvious CLAN need to win plus if all goes well repay some cheap shots they took last time in the BBT.

Ocko

Ask Todd Bertuzzi and Steve Moore how it went last time a coach called out a player for some retribution. Finnerty is a complete moron for publicly saying this, even if he was thinking it. Anything happens to Mychan he has now made himself completely accountable.

Ocko said:
Ask Todd Bertuzzi and Steve Moore how it went last time a coach called out a player for some retribution. Finnerty is a complete moron for publicly saying this, even if he was thinking it. Anything happens to Mychan he has now made himself completely accountable.
What happened?

jimmy snels

After moore injured captain of i believe vancouver they promised retribution, bounty on head etc. Then in the game that follwed moores was sucker punched from behind with a big melee on top of him. Outcome was a broken neck, concussion and cut up. Never played again. Ended in criminal prosecution and a huge pay out (rumoured too be $20 million +!!) Too moores and Bertuzzi a season ban and nearly a million quid in wages, sponsors etc and missed 17months through lockout and suspension

E.D.S.

Is there a live stream for the game? Apologies if this has already been asked. Can't see one on the Clan website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skippy

Thread starter #16
E.D.S. said:
Is there a live stream for the game? Apologies if this has already been asked. Can't see one on the Clan website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They dont have one unfortunately

Finny

qazz said:
Smith was cover for an injury and now remains as he is well liked and fit if needed. I assume any media talk is just that setting the table for a entertaining game. Finnerty has just stated the obvious CLAN need to win plus if all goes well repay some cheap shots they took last time in the BBT.
So when Braehead sign cover for an injury that's ok. But when we do it you criticise us?

bb1

That's a good point with regard to Bertuzzi incident.
Finner has basically said its gonna kick off. Hope our boys are up for it. I can see them going after the likes of Walton and Joey

BostonBart22

oh dear finnertys game plan to rough it up backfired, did fitzgerald play , devils 2 imports down as well. TO FITZGERALDS GIRLFRIEND where was zak tonight. HAPPY DAYS :Banana