Dave Whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazza03

BigBadBill48 said:
IF I won the lottery and was able to buy the club the first person I would phone to be my Head Coach would be Dave Whistle - huge respect for him, if given the chance I'm sure he can bring really good times back to the club.
That is IF he is allowed to train his way and not having to do as he is told!!!

Just saying.

Ocko

At least we have a coach that will give it his best shot and attend training all week as well as being a good guy for the players to work with. It'll be a breath of fresh air.

I can't imagine Whis popping across to Canada for the week or to London immediately preceding the game, only coming back that morning.

Wasn't John Craighead widely believed to be a Bob Phillips signing and not a whistle signing?

That said, Whistle was a good coach, that team could have and should have won something, but the season went south after Mike Perron took out Jon Cullen

Ocko

I heard that too and to be honest I though Craighead was a massive anti climax. Looked half interested at best and I think struggled for fitness (after the mumps?)

The turning point in that season was definitely the Cullen cheap shot, which still riles me years later. That team was ridiculously talented it just lacked the toughness needed, although Rob Davison gave us a fair bit. The year before was the opposite; stacked with tough guys: Ware, Maxwell, Paterson, Brown, Evans, Matulik.

I really like the fact that Dave sounds really mellow but knowledgeable. Also really love the fact that when he talks you don't need to crack out the enigma machine to work out what he is saying. Really hope that ragan has realised poper has made him and his business look ridiculous, bins pope and his stupid hats, keeps Dave so we can all live happily ever after and win everything just in time for the move into the new rink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drainage

We have what 8 or 9 weeks until season over .... He's here for 5 , I say keep him give us all a pause point and give us all a couple of months talking about on ice not off ice things

Radical but how about some peace keeping movements!

James

Administrator
drainage said:
We have what 8 or 9 weeks until season over .... He's here for 5 , I say keep him give us all a pause point and give us all a couple of months talking about on ice not off ice things

Radical but how about some peace keeping movements!
Totally agree with this. Better for the team too than chopping and changing

Chris

Administrator
Judging by the recent tweets from Lord, Plumton and LaCosta, Whistle has their approval :D

Oh and the twitter shenanigans seems to be #BlowMyWhistle haha

Devil94

Love seeing tweets like that from players.

The decision Ragan will make on keeping Pope or Whis for next season will really test his minerals. Fans are very happy with him, and it's becoming quite clear that the players are also.

Your move Mr Ragan.

I really like Whis as a person and as a coach - but I do also agree with Koops that his teams can sometimes lack that tough edge that we seem to crave (but been without for a while now) in Cardiff.

IF, and this is a big IF Whis can be given free range to do what he thinks best then that would go a long way to getting the fans back on board. Brent needs to be taken out of the picture - and that is the stumbling block, I just cannot see him not being involved and so someone somewhere will end up with a knife in their back.

People that think fans are moaning about the changes in players etc are not paying attention to what the have an issue with. It is not about changing players - every coach/team will go through the changes - but it is the way they have gone about things, with a lack of integrity and professionalism in every aspect. Pope and Ragan say on video that they have made mistakes and they will learn from it, but they don't - they go on treating people in the same distain that has got the fans angry.

The minimum that needs to happen is to remove Brent from anything to do with the players/team and let Whis take over to see what he can do.

You could tell a MASSIVE difference last night when Whis called a time-out - the players actually looked like they were listening and paying attention to Whis - compared to blatently ignoring whatever rubbish Pope used to say during his time-out speaches.

So in Summary, it is great to have Whis on board - I hope he stays and Pope never get's near the Bench duties ever again.

Foxy

Dwoods said:
I really like Whis as a person and as a coach - but I do also agree with Koops that his teams can sometimes lack that tough edge that we seem to crave (but been without for a while now) in Cardiff.

IF, and this is a big IF Whis can be given free range to do what he thinks best then that would go a long way to getting the fans back on board. Brent needs to be taken out of the picture - and that is the stumbling block, I just cannot see him not being involved and so someone somewhere will end up with a knife in their back.

People that think fans are moaning about the changes in players etc are not paying attention to what the have an issue with. It is not about changing players - every coach/team will go through the changes - but it is the way they have gone about things, with a lack of integrity and professionalism in every aspect. Pope and Ragan say on video that they have made mistakes and they will learn from it, but they don't - they go on treating people in the same distain that has got the fans angry.

The minimum that needs to happen is to remove Brent from anything to do with the players/team and let Whis take over to see what he can do.

You could tell a MASSIVE difference last night when Whis called a time-out - the players actually looked like they were listening and paying attention to Whis - compared to blatently ignoring whatever rubbish Pope used to say during his time-out speaches.

So in Summary, it is great to have Whis on board - I hope he stays and Pope never get's near the Bench duties ever again.
Well said

KaneDevils

People that think fans are moaning about the changes in players etc are not paying attention to what the have an issue with. It is not about changing players - every coach/team will go through the changes - but it is the way they have gone about things, with a lack of integrity and professionalism in every aspect.
A lot of fans know that the deadly duo have treated sponsors and players unprofessionally. We know. But what were saying is we don't care. We love hockey and the Devils are our team, we go to support the team, end of. Plus nobody really knows the FACTS to what has supposedly happened. People just believe what they want half the time.

DevilDom

Dwoods said:

Top post. Well said.

voth26

time for pope to catch the bus out of cardiff, probably just me but you could feel a change in the atmosphe around the rink it seemed like the players were more settled and looking forward to the game, and their body langauge seemed more positive and responsive towards what whis had to say and whis has only been on the bench for one game

KaneDevils said:
People that think fans are moaning about the changes in players etc are not paying attention to what the have an issue with. It is not about changing players - every coach/team will go through the changes - but it is the way they have gone about things, with a lack of integrity and professionalism in every aspect.
A lot of fans know that the deadly duo have treated sponsors and players unprofessionally. We know. But what were saying is we don't care. We love hockey and the Devils are our team, we go to support the team, end of. Plus nobody really knows the FACTS to what has supposedly happened. People just believe what they want half the time.
KaneDevils - that statement says a lot about your own integrity then IMHO - if you are happy for the management to stab people in the back and behave like they have been then that surely does say a lot about you. If you loved the club like many fans do, they you might understand it a bit more. It is more than just about "the hockey" - there is so much more to our club than that and I feel that you just simply don't get it.

If that is your opinion then you are entitled that that - but like I said, that speak volumes about you in my opinion - which I am also entitled to.

There is a lot of information that people know about that has come "direct from the horses mouth" - so it is not guess work and hearsay at all. But if you want to carry on following Ragan and Pope blindly then carry on - the hockey must be very hollow for you I would imagine.

I am just glad that Whis is here and I hope it is the start of things improving. Whis the man as he was before in Cardiff would never stand for what has been going on here over the last 18 months or so. I am sure and hopefull that the same will happen now, and if Ragan wanted to start to put things right then he should install Whis and let him do his thing without the influence of Pope.

Maybe then we can all start to enjoy the hockey again...

KaneDevils

I'm not alone in saying I'm a fan of the sport and my team. I don't get involved in the politics. I know very little about that side of things.
I'd rather our owners treat people correctly but I'm not going to let it stop me from going. What would that achieve?
I notice people are calling for pope to do one but not Ragan. I wonder why that is?

Lastly, don't question my love for the team. I am as big a fan as you are. That view is somewhat shallow and presumptuous.

davew

voth26 said:
probably just me but you could feel a change in the atmosphe around the rink it seemed like the players were more settled and looking forward to the game, and their body langauge seemed more positive and responsive towards what whis had to say and whis has only been on the bench for one game
I noticed that too. It was quite noticeable that the crowd were more relaxed, and the players definitely came across more positively.

I too agreee with Dwoods et al

Status
Not open for further replies.