Dave Whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaneDevils

Devils91! said:
SOME fans of this club think they know it all !
I'd also highlight "think".
I personally have more important things to worry about than how pope treats the players.
I wonder how ill be treated at work today. You'd never guess I have been there 14 years!

That's life.

Foxy

KaneDevils said:
Devils91! said:
SOME fans of this club think they know it all !
I'd also highlight "think".
I personally have more important things to worry about than how pope treats the players.
I wonder how ill be treated at work today. You'd never guess I have been there 14 years!

That's life.
well your one of the lucky ones then. Imagine going to work and constantly having to look over your shoulder to see where the knife is hovering.

As for the think. .. there were icehockey players stood outside who have first hand knowledge of how things are handled. Whst reasons do they have to lie.

Dwoods said:
I really like Whis as a person and as a coach - but I do also agree with Koops that his teams can sometimes lack that tough edge that we seem to crave (but been without for a while now) in Cardiff.

IF, and this is a big IF Whis can be given free range to do what he thinks best then that would go a long way to getting the fans back on board. Brent needs to be taken out of the picture - and that is the stumbling block, I just cannot see him not being involved and so someone somewhere will end up with a knife in their back.

People that think fans are moaning about the changes in players etc are not paying attention to what the have an issue with. It is not about changing players - every coach/team will go through the changes - but it is the way they have gone about things, with a lack of integrity and professionalism in every aspect. Pope and Ragan say on video that they have made mistakes and they will learn from it, but they don't - they go on treating people in the same distain that has got the fans angry.

The minimum that needs to happen is to remove Brent from anything to do with the players/team and let Whis take over to see what he can do.

You could tell a MASSIVE difference last night when Whis called a time-out - the players actually looked like they were listening and paying attention to Whis - compared to blatently ignoring whatever rubbish Pope used to say during his time-out speaches.

So in Summary, it is great to have Whis on board - I hope he stays and Pope never get's near the Bench duties ever again.

Spoken like a Cardiff Devils FAN ! :D

KaneDevils said:
People that think fans are moaning about the changes in players etc are not paying attention to what the have an issue with. It is not about changing players - every coach/team will go through the changes - but it is the way they have gone about things, with a lack of integrity and professionalism in every aspect.
A lot of fans know that the deadly duo have treated sponsors and players unprofessionally. We know. But what were saying is we don't care. We love hockey and the Devils are our team, we go to support the team, end of. Plus nobody really knows the FACTS to what has supposedly happened. People just believe what they want half the time.
Comment from a ice hockey supporter who is only interested in watching a team play and not about the professionalism, integrity or conduct of the team they support.
+ Kane if I went to work everyday worried about if I was gonna get sacked for doing my job properly it wouldn't bother me as that's what employment tribunal is there for.
FACT ! :RAWK

Ocko

I agree with the point on the lack of toughness his teams had, had we had some protection for one of our most skilled teams in our history we would have walked the league. I think that was a case of him not getting the right player rather than not wanting a tough guy. We were meant to have Jason Ruff who would'veve added a fair bit of toughness and probably would've made a big difference that year. Whis has also recruited and had players like Schulte, Ruff and Kruse amongst a few others previously.

I remember when Whis sent out the line of Mawell, Ware, Patterson & J Brown to send a message to the Steelers at the end of a first leg of a cup game; he isnt afraid to use the tough guys if he's got them.

KaneDevils said:
I'm not alone in saying I'm a fan of the sport and my team. I don't get involved in the politics. I know very little about that side of things.
I'd rather our owners treat people correctly but I'm not going to let it stop me from going. What would that achieve?
Its your choice to support the team how you feel best, but out of interest what do you think letting the way Mr Ragan and Mr Pope currently treat fan and sponsors will ultimately achieve if not kicked into check?

KaneDevils said:
I notice people are calling for pope to do one but not Ragan. I wonder why that is?
Some are calling for both. Some are calling for one (Pope or Ragan) Some are just calling for both to act in a more professional manor treating people with dignity and respect.

KaneDevils said:
Lastly, don't question my love for the team. I am as big a fan as you are. That view is somewhat shallow and presumptuous.
Reading that makes me think you may get what its about, I know you do not follow Ragan on twitter I suspect if you did you might have a bit of sympathy for many who took part in DevilsOutside. Its how Ragan and Pope treat and speak to people that has cause much of the unrest with some fans and sponsors. Fans told they are not real fans by Ragan. Players being released by text message and told to clear out of there house by the end of that same day. I used to take may of the things said with a huge pinch of salt. Thing is the more I see first hand the more I wonder about the other stuff I have heard.

KaneDevils

I've not been spoken too inappropriately by either pope or Ragan, be it on Twitter or in person. If I had maybe my views would differ.
If you think protesting will improve their conduct then carry on. I personally think your wasting your time.
Each to their own.

If a player has been released by means of a txt then that is poor, embarrassingly poor, will it stop me watching my favourite sport? Sorry, no. Is there no such thing as a player's union if injustice is evident?

Going on what has been said, no players will return next season. We shall see.

KaneDevils

rogue123 said:
KaneDevils said:
People that think fans are moaning about the changes in players etc are not paying attention to what the have an issue with. It is not about changing players - every coach/team will go through the changes - but it is the way they have gone about things, with a lack of integrity and professionalism in every aspect.
A lot of fans know that the deadly duo have treated sponsors and players unprofessionally. We know. But what were saying is we don't care. We love hockey and the Devils are our team, we go to support the team, end of. Plus nobody really knows the FACTS to what has supposedly happened. People just believe what they want half the time.
Comment from a ice hockey supporter who is only interested in watching a team play and not about the professionalism, integrity or conduct of the team they support.
+ Kane if I went to work everyday worried about if I was gonna get sacked for doing my job properly it wouldn't bother me as that's what employment tribunal is there for.
FACT ! :RAWK
Team being the players mate. I don't care if the coach and owner are a holes. Nothin I can do about it either. Also a FACT. :RAWK

Why is it every topic on the inferno always comes back to a slanging match between us fans, ultimately people will have differing opinions on Team/Management/Tactics etc. Surely everyone has that right to voice that opinion without recrimination from others who's view point differs. At the most important part of the season surely its time to be one Voice and get behind the team !!

Who Are We !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.