Confirmed Signings all teams 2014/15

Wannabe2

After 8 long years of fighting for our new home, this coming season is supposed to be a celebration of the final season before seeing that dream come true. Instead of that it is being tarnished beyond belief and that is a great great shame, as has been mentioned when a player who always gave 110 PC, wants to go then it don't look too good.

wildthing74

Mark Smith is a rock in any EIHL team.So underrated so taken for granted.I guess it was always on the cards after treatment if his older brother.

Mooney#16

Mark Smith is a great defenceman. The sort that will win you games by doing the non glamourous parts of the game very effectively. The sort forwards love because he would bail them out for lazy back checking. He's a lose for next year.

But he is the wrong side of thirty and is starting to lose games to injuries. Personally whilst it sucks for him the long game means their is a future without Mark so good luck to him but again that's a roster spot open to a younger potentially longer term player.

In a sporting context it's a lose but not disastrous.

Personal motives are his own and not my place to disect.

im gutted to loose such a great guy like him, ive never seen a guy block as many shots as he did, but its happened and no one can change that, maybe he didnt fit into whistles plans maybe HE didnt want to fit into whistles plans who nos?? but all i can say is i wish him all the best for the future.
( but im just glad he didnt sign for shuff, maybe some wont agree with me on that 1 but thats my opinion lol)...

Kipper

Huge loss.A player who put his body on the line week in week out. I have no doubt he no longer wanted to fit into the Devils plans (nothing to do with Whistle) after the way he was treated by the organisation last season.

Good luck in Coventry to one of the real unsung heroes of recent Devils history.Shots on goal are going to increase dramatically.

I fear that when a solid player like Smithy leaves then this really is the start of the exodus.

DevilDom

TrueFan15 said:
Well said Kipper! 100% the truth! Got nothing to do with age, injury or not fitting into Whistles plans!!!
I think the vast majority of fans can see that. I cannot believe we are letting such a highly rated player go especially as he is settled in Cardiff and therefore the cost of him staying must be lower than the cost of bringing a new import in when you take into account all the additional costs.

As most have said Mark is a real unsung hero who will be a big loss.

Having spent most of last season wishing it would hurry up and end I am already beginning to wish next season away too. :evil:

There are a few players from last season that I would / will be sorry to lose and Mark Smith is certainly in that category. This move has been rumoured, the bigger problem is if the rest of the rumours turn out to be as accurate as this one - then we're looking at one of the biggest rebuilds in Devils history. I wish Whis loads of luck and fingers crossed he can pull a few new gems out of the bag!

Gutted he is going. Mind you as i seem to visit Cardiff less and less each season, as i live in Birmingham. At least i can go and watch Mark and any other players who may end up there.

BigBadBill48 said:
There are a few players from last season that I would / will be sorry to lose and Mark Smith is certainly in that category. This move has been rumoured, the bigger problem is if the rest of the rumours turn out to be as accurate as this one - then we're looking at one of the biggest rebuilds in Devils history. I wish Whis loads of luck and fingers crossed he can pull a few new gems out of the bag!
i agree, having heard a few not nice rumours myself in the past few weeks, but the Ben move is now making me very nervous!!!