Confirmed Signings all teams 2014/15

Finny

Fife and Edinburgh have been notoriously slow in recent years of signing players and driving their fans mad.
I too am rather shocked and worried that they are signing players quicker than us.

Early Bird season ticket deadline is in 11 days though so maybe we'll have a couple of announcements then to tempt more fans in.

Have Hope#35

Finny said:
Fife and Edinburgh have been notoriously slow in recent years of signing players and driving their fans mad.
I too am rather shocked and worried that they are signing players quicker than us.

Early Bird season ticket deadline is in 11 days though so maybe we'll have a couple of announcements then to tempt more fans in.
More likely that they'll extend the Early Bird deadline unfortunately!

Sheincar

Have Hope#35 said:
Finny said:

Why on earth would they do that when the ST will cost more from 1 June?

Wannabe2

Sheincar said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Finny said:

I also think it will be extended.

Have Hope#35

Sheincar said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Finny said:

Because they're very unlikely to sell any more Season Tickets before the fans get positive signing news and increasing the price as of June 1st won't help the situation!

ASHIPP

For a club looking for every opportunity to increase revenue and potentially the budget for players the obvious tactic would be to make announcements about player signings.....even simply to dispel rumours.

Whilst other teams continue to drip feed news to their fans, our club remains disturbingly silent. I can see no justifiable, commercial reason at this point for NOT making announcements about players signings. It simply suggests that there are no concrete announcements to make......... Now that would be worrying.

KaneDevils said:
Its embarassing when the Caps and the Flyers have signed more players than we have!
What a silly remark!
Bit harsh! Is it really that silly? I'm concerned with the lack of signings and it does say a lot that teams notoriously slow at signing players seem to be getting guys in at a faster rate than we are. OK there's still circa four months left to go and we want the right guys etc but we've had nothing from the club in a week - and even then it was just an interview that never really contained anything we didn't already know. A few key names on the website would go a long way to easing concerns.

I'm not worried about the lack of signings yet.If we hold on to the rest of the Brits and Mac and Tyson,I think Whistle is a good enough coach to put a decent enough team out there to watch.Let's hope Kurka knows a few good ones we can get for reasonable money.

Mooney#16

Just to put a bit a balance in. This summer is bound to be completely different. G was recruiting players to the EIHL for nearly a decade with Franny more than pulling his weight in this department. Whistle has been confirmed in the role around two months. He has a lot of scouting and negotiating to do so the time frame isn't exponentially worrying. Given all the rumours it wouldn't even surprise me if some of the Brits are playing it far tougher in negotiation than previous. People tolerate a lot if the money is right. The players will sign but Whis is having to start from scratch against his game plan. I hope he gets the guys that fit on deals they are happy with rather than just panic buying to please the fanbase.

Finny

shoes_off said:
OK there's still circa four months left to go....
Three months by my reckoning, as the first friendlies are usually end of August.

But we are now 2 months on from the end of our season. Two more weeks and we'll be at the mid-point of the off season.
Not that I'm counting or anything.