Chris Frank

DevilDom

I saw the title of this thread and thought - "not another thread about Chris!".

Thank god its just details of the weeks discipline!

One thing I will say though is that I am slightly confused as to why checking from behind carries a match penalty whilst checking to the head (far more dangerous IMO) carries only a game penalty?

Finny

I thought Checking to the Head can be given as a match penalty, it's up to the referee to decide how severe it is?

James

Administrator
DevilDom said:
One thing I will say though is that I am slightly confused as to why checking from behind carries a match penalty whilst checking to the head (far more dangerous IMO) carries only a game penalty?
It's a sliding scale. Both can carry from 2+10 to match depending on the call of the ref I believe.

Thread starter #6
DevilDom said:
I saw the title of this thread and thought - "not another thread about Chris!".

Thank god its just details of the weeks discipline!

I was actually thinking of starting a thread on the subject of how i think that Refs shouldnt be giving the option to give Match penalties out.

They should only be given the option of game penalties. In an incident is that bad, it should be assessed as a game penalty then upgraded if needed be by the EIHL.

voth26

thought spearing or attempting to was just as bad as checking from behind but dab only got a 2+2+10, yet frank got match. not excusing chris's penalty just a bit confused

dave

Match penalties are automatically reveiwed by the leagues across the board and have a set level of minimum games to sit out. So Chris's will be announced by Friday as per the usual Elite League Process.

Docets was announced as being reviewed as it was requested by Braehead and would not have been automatically reviewed.

In the EIHA leagues if a player does return to the game it is noted in the officials report and sometimes depending on the match reports can be downgraded to a 5+game...This also depends on the penalty type given.

DevilDom said:
James said:
Really strange this isn't on the Elite site?

Maybe we'll get lucky like the Giants did ( :lol: ) and the penalty and ban will be removed? I'm not holding my breath though! :evil:
I think its time the devils put the call into Jason Stone,at least to cover the injuries and suspensions on the D. He's in cardiff and i think could easily step in as cover. Its a no brainer i think?

James

Administrator
The topic isn't Jason Stone, he is however a local D Man. mp43 was merely pointing out he might make good cover if Frank is out for a few games. I'm not sure he'll be up to speed personally, but then he can't be worse than James Pease was last year,

D

Deleted member 1337

sorry when i clicked for page 1 it somehow went to page 2 revealing the post above my own, tippical elliswf mistake :oops: :oops: :oops:

Jason Stone would do a good job.I've seen a lot of him this year for the ENL and he is head and shoulders about anyone else on the ice.He would do a far better job than asking one of the forwards to drop back,of that I'm pretty confident.They dont come much more experienced either.Question is would he want to?

ASHIPP

Stoney is doing a terrific job for the fantastic ENL team who are currently on winning form. He is also their Assistant Coach. Whilst he is fit and has more EIHL experience than all our imports put together (excluding G) and will execute effective simple blue line play, he may not want this additional responsibility even for 2-3 games.

from the elite league ... ''Cardiff Devils defenceman Chris Frank was assessed a match penalty for checking from behind at 12:39 in the second period of his side’s match with Braehead Clan on Sunday 13th November 2011.

Following a review by the Elite League’s disciplinary committee, which included the referee’s matchnight report, the penalty has been upheld and Frank will serve the mandatory three-match ban.

The suspension takes immediate effect.''

correct me if im wrong but with nearly all match penalties this season.... when the so called injured player returned to the ice,they where downgraded to 5+game... am i not the only one thinking this is rather inconsistent

DevilDom

No surprise from Elite league when dealing with the Devils really. Despite there being no injury to Bannister (he was skating minutes later and did so for the rest of the game) which should have resulted in the penalty being downgraded to game the match pen and 3 game ban is upheld.