Chris Frank

Finny said:
Soundwave1 said:
Is Frank a repeat offender for this particular offence though?
Yep. It's the 10th time this season he has cross-checked someone in the face.

I know none of us saw it like that, nor did Carson call it like that - but the Belfast fans reckon it must have been a cross-check.
:lol: actually out loud...cheers Finny :D

Chris

Administrator
Finny said:

I know none of us saw it like that, nor did Carson call it like that - but the Belfast fans reckon it must have been a cross-check.
:lol:

Thread starter #43
Finny said:
Soundwave1 said:
Is Frank a repeat offender for this particular offence though?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lloyd

Chris Frank gets 3 game ban!!!

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/chris ... -game-ban/

Read it and thought how is this I know it is checking from behind but remember when he got a game ban for checking to the head how is this more serious! :?: :shock:
and that means that he will miss: Coventry home 19th
Coventry away 20th
Hull home 23rd

and great the matches we need him for the most coventry to keep Jurynec in shape
and also Campbell

and with him out will "the new brad" have to go back to being the team tough guy :twisted:

Skippy

Re: Chris Frank gets 3 game ban!!!

I will Merge this with the other five pages of talk about the ban no need for another thread really.

voth26

i think voth is probably going to have to step at some point over the 3 games, also on a slightly different note hasnt colt king had a few 10 misconducts against him?

Slartibartfast

Gdraft wrote:
hockeyrocker26 wrote:
On a complete wish, has anyone else noticed that Weller doesn't seem to be doing so well this year!? Maybe he should come back!! :D And yes, I am basing this purely on statistics on hockey db. :D I can dream! :lol:

Where is Weller?

Austria and not happy it seems....

Im not surprised if hes unhappy. Villach are bottom of the league. He has scored 3+3 in 19 games and 43 PIMs.
Villach is a lovely little town if you are a retired austrian

osh

voth26 said:
i think voth is probably going to have to step at some point over the 3 games, also on a slightly different note hasnt colt king had a few 10 misconducts against him?

He has, however, his stats are slightly different to CF's eg,

Goals. Assists. Pts. Penalty minutes
Colt Kng. 9. 6. 15. 84
Chris Frank. 0. 6. 6. 164

So the man who we were once chasing and who arrived with a reputation of causing mayhem wherever he went seems to be under control ( thanks to Finnerty maybe ) or perhaps the simple reason is that Sheffield are playing better and don't have to rely on intimidating tactics ? I think G needs to have more control over his players as he can't possibly want Frank to go on taking the dumb penalties surely ? I"m all for him hitting hard and fighting when he has to, but he doesn't seem to have learned from his mistakes yet, there,still time, let's hope when he comes back from suspension he can control himself better.

voth26 said:
He has but most have been for mouthing at officials, don't think any have been for dirty plays.. King's a guy I'd of loved to have seen in a Giant jersey. Tough, scores, hits hard, and fights.

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
voth26 said:

He has, however, his stats are slightly different to CF's eg,

Goals. Assists. Pts. Penalty minutes
Colt Kng. 9. 6. 15. 84
Chris Frank. 0. 6. 6. 164

So the man who we were once chasing and who arrived with a reputation of causing mayhem wherever he went seems to be under control ( thanks to Finnerty maybe ) or perhaps the simple reason is that Sheffield are playing better and don't have to rely on intimidating tactics ? I think G needs to have more control over his players as he can't possibly want Frank to go on taking the dumb penalties surely ? I"m all for him hitting hard and fighting when he has to, but he doesn't seem to have learned from his mistakes yet, there,still time, let's hope when he comes back from suspension he can control himself better.
Not really fair to compare a stay at home D's stats to a winger though is it?

It;s like Comparing Steve Munn to Vother.

2007-08 Sheffield Steelers EIHL 54 5 10 15 137 4 0 1 1 8
2008-09 Sheffield Steelers EIHL 50 1 8 9 95 4 1 2 3 6
2010-11 Sheffield Steelers EIHL 54 6 20 26 149 -- -- -- -- --

2008-09 Cardiff Devils EIHL 42 13 25 38 315 3 3 0 3 8
2009-10 Cardiff Devils EIHL 50 12 21 33 347
2010-11 Cardiff Devils EIHL 50 22 16 38 201 -- -- -- -- --

osh

Of course it's fair to compare stats when they especially show that so far Frank has more than twice the penalty minutes that King has. I am showing that King is under control at Sheffield ( up till now!) while Frank is a loose cannon and very much does his own thing.

Paul Sullivan

From what I have seen so far I think Frank has been asked to be more physical than King and in doing so has caught attention. Some he has deserved, some not. Worth comparing one other stat of theirs - head to head fights.... :lol:

Finny

voth26 said:
bruce was ejected on a match for check to the head, same call as frank isnt it any ban likely?
Will be an automatic 3 game ban plus it would be reviewed. So it could go up or down yet.

Can anybody confirm which game Frank will return from his ban for?
a normally match penalty basically means he'd just miss the next game however now its been upgraded to 3 games, does the original game count in the ban?
Basically asking is he back for Wednesdays game against Hull or not till next weekend?