Chris Frank

voth26

Hynod said:
Chris Franks penalty was for checking from behind. Not checking to the head.
bruce should receive some sort of ban wont he? just as bad if he was ejected from the game. or is checking to the head deemed not as bad as checking from behind and therefore doesnt carry any sort of ban?

jimmy snels

i think to be fair tho osh has a good point on the minutes frank has recieved... i mean king has fought regularly yet amassed much less minutes. Frank has fought once (against king!). does this not show how stupid he is being at times? he is ment to be our best D man and hard man yet for me he is doing a fine job of being a "latulippe" and spending time in the box for stupid reasons and costing us. rant over

jimmy snels

so the point remains in that case he's only been "tough" once and all the rest of his minutes are for checking from behind and back chatting officials. i stand by my lattulippe statement, he's taking stupid minutes and should look at being a more of a team player. i mean the bannister incident was a prime example of how silly he was, but being short D'd it hurts us even more. I also would assume he would be signed to be on the ice more than batch for example ?

jimmy snels said:
so the point remains in that case he's only been "tough" once and all the rest of his minutes are for checking from behind and back chatting officials. i stand by my lattulippe statement, he's taking stupid minutes and should look at being a more of a team player. i mean the bannister incident was a prime example of how silly he was, but being short D'd it hurts us even more. I also would assume he would be signed to be on the ice more than batch for example ?
+1

Frank's been solid defensively and hasn't really done anything 'wrong' on that front, but we have Kenton, Ritchie, Batch, G and Mark Smith (until he got injured)

I want to see more from Frank - frequent clean, hard hits and clearing people out from in front of our net. A few timely fights would be nice as well :) Most have his minutes have been a result of bad plays and certainly not for being tough :(

You can see he has it in him to be all of the above so hopefully he comes back with a defined role :)

frank has given the puck away silly amounts of times whenever he comes forward. He could be the best d man in the world, it doesn't mean anything if you work hard to turn the puck over if your just going to give it straight back to them.

TheStub

Re: Re: Chris Frank

phillipo46 said:
frank has given the puck away silly amounts of times whenever he comes forward. He could be the best d man in the world, it doesn't mean anything if you work hard to turn the puck over if your just going to give it straight back to them.
Be fair to the guy, he is a stay at home D. When he ends up in a forward position it is usually when the forwards aren't set for a forecheck.

Defensively he has been excellent and getting better.