CHL 2021/22

Ger-Devils

I’d say hold off on flights for now but you can book hotels on cancel options.

Hopefully we can travel but waiting on more info from Germany and Switzerland regarding travel/fans in arenas.

Berlin PR today mentions they don’t know about crowds as yet.

We’ll have the info pack out shortly but as I said at the start of my post, no ideal to book flights just yet.

NathanG

Does anyone know the situation in Germany regarding fans at sporting venues?

I'm not 100% sure where to find said information.

Ger-Devils

Does anyone know the situation in Germany regarding fans at sporting venues?

I'm not 100% sure where to find said information.
They’ve confirmed capacities for stadiums with the football but nothing as yet for indoors.

Waiting for info off a Mannheim fan we met in Edinburgh a few years back.

Also Switzerland allowing fully vaccinated people into the country or negative test 48 hours before but waiting on info regarding the arenas.

NathanG

They’ve confirmed capacities for stadiums with the football but nothing as yet for indoors.

Waiting for info off a Mannheim fan we met in Edinburgh a few years back.

Also Switzerland allowing fully vaccinated people into the country or negative test 48 hours before but waiting on info regarding the arenas.
Cheers Ger. Even if they aren't allowing fans into arena, I think I'll still go just for a jolly

Devil94

Thread starter #87
At what point do we get slightly worried about the players not being able to travel between countries.

10 days isolation for those coming from Europe currently. I know for sporting teams, exceptions have been made over the last few months, but that would have included a tight bubble so no need for isolation. And will the UK Gov be willing to make an exception for two hockey teams for games they would have no idea are taking place?

And then it's the same problem for our guys coming back. If they're American or Canadian citizens, they would currently also need to quarantine on arrival back to UK, even though they would have travelled from the UK.

The_Puck

At what point do we get slightly worried about the players not being able to travel between countries.

10 days isolation for those coming from Europe currently. I know for sporting teams, exceptions have been made over the last few months, but that would have included a tight bubble so no need for isolation. And will the UK Gov be willing to make an exception for two hockey teams for games they would have no idea are taking place?

And then it's the same problem for our guys coming back. If they're American or Canadian citizens, they would currently also need to quarantine on arrival back to UK, even though they would have travelled from the UK.
I’d imagine the players will just have to come over earlier and quarantine, just like they did for the elite series.

Devil94

Thread starter #89
I’d imagine the players will just have to come over earlier and quarantine, just like they did for the elite series.
I meant our guys coming back from Europe after playing in Mannheim and Lausanne. Non UK citizens have to quarantine coming in to UK from anywhere not on green list. Germany and Switzerland are not.

And we're supposed to have a back to back v Nottingham the following weekend.

The_Puck

I meant our guys coming back from Europe after playing in Mannheim and Lausanne. Non UK citizens have to quarantine coming in to UK from anywhere not on green list. Germany and Switzerland are not.

And we're supposed to have a back to back v Nottingham the following weekend.
Well I know if you’re double vaccinated u won’t need to quarantine. But I’m sure there will be plans with the government just in case.

Devil94

Thread starter #95
On Instagram, Mannheim posted that the team are having their first on ice training session tomorrow, and they had hoped that fans would be able to go and watch. But they had to cancel the fans as the restrictions don't allow it.
So looks like the rules have to change in Germany within the next 4 weeks to let fans in to CHL games.

Ger-Devils

On Instagram, Mannheim posted that the team are having their first on ice training session tomorrow, and they had hoped that fans would be able to go and watch. But they had to cancel the fans as the restrictions don't allow it.
So looks like the rules have to change in Germany within the next 4 weeks to let fans in to CHL games.
It’s looking doubtful for us and even their own fans.

I’m waiting on the update from their office and a friend who follows Mannheim

matbur

Just been told by a friend who works with the welsh government that Wales will be going into Alert level 0 from this Saturday. It's being announced this Thursday
What does alert level 0 actually mean?

I thought 1 meant no more outdoor restrictions but Welsh Fire have still had to follow attendance restrictions. I'm not adverse to measures to keep protect people but it's getting more and more confusing.

What does alert level 0 actually mean?

I thought 1 meant no more outdoor restrictions but Welsh Fire have still had to follow attendance restrictions. I'm not adverse to measures to keep protect people but it's getting more and more confusing.
So from what i've seen there is no social distancing, no limit on indoor/outdoor venues, concerts etc. No masks in certain places, but I think it's still gonna be required in shopping centres.