CHL 2021/22

Wannabe2

I do really enjoy the CHL games, but wouldn’t want to see those games every week, maybe I was a bit harsh, no I was a bit harsh, but I would prefer 6 games v Panthers, Steelers, Giants, Blaze, Flames etc rather than 6 v Davos or 6 v Mannerheim etc etc. Nice for a change but only for a change give me the bread and butter games every time. Stay Safe All.

Last edited:

Devil94

Thread starter #63
Highlights of Lausanne beating the Philadelphia Flyers less than 2 years ago.

Also just clicked with me is that Jarrod Skalde spent a year playing for Lausanne.

moggy#9

It looks like Minsk have been kicked out of this season's chl. The league is trying to work out what should happen to the extra place. If we could be sure of hockey going ahead, I wonder if there would be an argument for the UK getting another slot as the second highest seeded challenger league.

moggy#9

I'd be all for Panthers getting it. Afterall, they did win the Elite Series.
I'd be for panthers getting in off the back of the continental cup or Steelers getting it for being in second place in the last league campaign. I can't consider the elite series as anything worthy of a euro place with such a short season and do many players being borrowed from their normal clubs. Good warm-up for GB but that's it.

august04 2.0

I'd be for panthers getting in off the back of the continental cup or Steelers getting it for being in second place in the last league campaign. I can't consider the elite series as anything worthy of a euro place with such a short season and do many players being borrowed from their normal clubs. Good warm-up for GB but that's it.
Agreed, giving the Elite series winner a CHL place (or Continental Cup place) would be farcical. I’d be happy for the Steelers, Panthers or Giants to be given any available place(s) based on their performances in meaningful EIHL competitions before the pandemic - but not for a 5 week series when they had other players from other clubs drafted onto their teams.

matbur

Nothing against Nottingham Panthers, but I'm pretty sure other European leagues/clubs would have something to say if they qualified for the CHL by virtue of winning the Elite Series.

Diafol

CHL begins (hopefully) with a home double header:

26 August
Adler Mannheim H

28 August
Lausanne IHC H

2 September
Adler Mannheim A

4 September
Lausanne IHC A

6 October
Lukko Rauma A

13 October
Lukko Rauma H

moggy#9

CHL begins (hopefully) with a home double header:

26 August
Adler Mannheim H

28 August
Lausanne IHC H

2 September
Adler Mannheim A

4 September
Lausanne IHC A

6 October
Lukko Rauma A

13 October
Lukko Rauma H
I find it frustrating that we always start with the home double header. I'd have loved to visit Germany and Switzerland, but once the schools go back it's simply not an option for my family.

Devil94

Thread starter #76
Usually now everyone would be straight to booking flights and hotels. A strange position to be in where we have no idea what the restrictions will be by then, and we have no idea when we will know what the restrictions are.

NathanG

Around 20% of Germanys population is fully vaxxed and 45% have had the first jab. Fingers crossed travel and away fans will be permitted. I love the CHL trips!

I don't know whether just to book a flight into Frankfurt or Stuttgart. Is anyone else going to chance it?

Devil94

Thread starter #79
With both EasyJet and BA, you cancel your flight anytime and receive the money back in a travel voucher, which lasts 2 years. If you travel a lot and think you will use them in that time, I don't think you have anything to lose. And Frankfurt is better in terms of frequency and price.