CHL 2021/22

Devil94

Thread starter #122
Wait, I didn't think we'd have to take a test before returning to the UK from a green list country.

Slovakia is on the green list
Afraid so. Before leaving Slovakia, you will need to have a test in the past 3 days, and have booked and paid for another test on day 2 back in UK.

NathanG

Afraid so. Before leaving Slovakia, you will need to have a test in the past 3 days, and have booked and paid for another test on day 2 back in UK.
To me it sounds like a way for companies to exploit holiday makers. Can't say I'm surprised really with that shower in Westminster. This trip just got more expensive.

just cancelled my trip around Nova Scotia, Test in UK before we leave, test in Ottawa when we land, test in Halifax before we depart test in UK 2 days after arriving total cost for 2 of us = £700 !!!!

Last edited:

NathanG

just cancelled my trip around Nova Scotia, Test in UK before we leave, test in Ottawa when we land, test in Halifax before we depart test in UK 2 days after arriving total cost each = £700 !!!!
That is absolutely outrageous. I really don't understand how these tests are so expensive. A handful of companies are making millions from ordinary people. It's disgusting!

T10P

Ironically my partner works for the NHS and has to test herself a few times a week so we have a box full of the same tests they would use, already at home. If only we could use those!

Last edited:

NathanG

It's cocked my Slovakia trip up a little. I'm gonna have to get to a test facility at either Krakow or Bratislava airport and fork out extra for the results on the same day just to fly home.

It's gotta be done I guess.

NathanG

Mannehim looks like half capacity and season tickets.

No update since I had this info
What do you think the odds are of a couple of tickets making their way into Devils fans hands?

I've booked the outbound flight to Frankfurt. I'll return Friday or Saturday as I'm working Sat night and can't get it off.

Ger-Devils

What do you think the odds are of a couple of tickets making their way into Devils fans hands?

I've booked the outbound flight to Frankfurt. I'll return Friday or Saturday as I'm working Sat night and can't get it off.
I honestly don’t know.

They have that many season ticket holders, probably just covers them.

We’ve not heard anything since

SteveKing

Looks like I’ve been messed up for coming to CHL games as well. I’m hosting a corporate conference in Scottsdale starting the 14th of September and as of now, the US won’t let in any non-US citizen that’s been in Europe in the previous 14 days. I’ve been waiting for five years to get a CHL draw like this one. Bitterly disappointed.

kingmo19.1

That US 14 day rule is a nightmare - need to be outside of the U.K. and Europe for 14 days prior to flying into the US. Lots of pressure at the moment from Europe for them to remove it as both the U.K. and Europe have been allowing US visitors for a while (without that stupid 14 day restriction) - they’re just not reciprocating at the moment!

Considering the U.K. now has 76+% of the adult population double vaccinated it would appear the US are more of a risk to us and not vice versa!

Biden appears to be Drakeford Mk II.