Cardiff sweat on imports ahead of cup clash

James said:
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/panthers/Panthers-Cardiff-sweat-imports-ahead-cup-clash/article-2999184-detail/article.html

Not sure where this is coming from but I assume it's bull.
Cant they only ask to review bans if it is more than 3 games? And Max didnt even have a penalty called against him.

It wouldnt suprise me if they had complained as Simon and his team spent every break in play moaning at the officials. I thought i was watching loose women on ITV.

Finny

My first fear after hearing we beat the Steelers was that Uncle Bob would have a hissy fit and would demand our players be banned.

TheStub

Doesn't there need to be a match penalty called for a review to take place?

But Max had nothing called on the night, so what is there to review?

I thought this might happen....

There's nothing to say there's any truth in it tho at this stage. Also, they showed BoomBooms hit in slow mo at the ENL game last night and it was a cracker but looked fair.

Out of interest and on a slight tangent, what would have happened if the game had got called off after 2 periods?

James

Administrator
Thread starter #6
I have heard any review is more likely to exonerate Voth and cast a very bad light on some Steelers players if it goes ahead, so they better be careful what they ask for.

Finny

Clubs can cite a player for action to be taken even if there was no original penalty. I'd hope doing so would cost a fee, although if there was then Andy French should be asking for payment off Sheffield in advance if you believe the rumours going around?

The fact they clearly wanted it called off wound me off even more than the constant moaning and bad calls from Hicks.

It was so transparent what they were trying to do.

About 6 of them stood around the hole for about 10 minutes pointed and moaning (and having a barrel of laughs with Hicks) but then G managed to skate over and go straight over it.

If the U10's can skate on it, i'm sure these 'Big Boys' can!

Miss.Redberry said:
The fact they clearly wanted it called off wound me off even more than the constant moaning and bad calls from Hicks.

It was so transparent what they were trying to do.

About 6 of them stood around the hole for about 10 minutes pointed and moaning (and having a barrel of laughs with Hicks) but then G managed to skate over and go straight over it.

If the U10's can skate on it, i'm sure these 'Big Boys' can!
Good post.

jimmy snels

so the squeelers dont want people to check anymore? is that the sum of this? i thought brads "boarding" and "hit to head" were both rubbish calls, how can it be boarding if ur against the bloody board?!? it was monsterous no doubt, but if it was called for anything it should have bin charging AT MOST IMO. its not netball guys...........

James

Administrator
Thread starter #14
pop quiz. How many games have Sheffield played against the Devils with Brad in the line up where they have not tried to get him banned. Can't be that many

ASHIPP

James said:
I have heard any review is more likely to exonerate Voth and cast a very bad light on some Steelers players if it goes ahead, so they better be careful what they ask for.
Indeed - and there was far much more going on 'off the puck' that the officials either chose to ignore or didn't see. :evil:

Interesting on Steeltalk that since their team won against the Blaze last night, the moaning and negativity level has reduced somewhat!

Hopefully this article is pre-Saturday propaganda by the Panthers. :?

Ger-Devils

Just the paper/online trying to sell more/get more hits and it's ibberish really.

If it wasn't for Domish, Voth would have played the rest of the game!

Gazza272

well we have been told in the past we cant use alternate camera angles (when we tried to get Lehmann banned for throwing his water bottle at the crowd)

The hard camera didnt catch the Voth hit. Thus no ban.

Nice try Simon.....

drainage

James said:
pop quiz. How many games have Sheffield played against the Devils with Brad in the line up where they have not tried to get him banned. Can't be that many
I know I know I know !!!! That will be none - is there a prize :lol:

If there is suspect its ticket to watch the Squealers !

drainage

jodysstillagirlsname said:
As usual with the squealers its about cash not sport, If either team goes out it ends the possibility of a Squealers v Panties final and a big payday for both clubs
I suspect thats whats behind this - if Sheffield have done this its to try and make sure we cant get the point we need on Sat. So that tells me something - they dont think we can be beat without key players out ...... Flattering in a way !

I hope it gets treated as it should be if its true - that will be filed under P for pointless