Cardiff sweat on imports ahead of cup clash

Rempel16

Jester,

If the Devils lose - Panthers and Steelers go through
If the Panthers lose - Devils and Steelers go through
If the game is tied - Panthers and Devils go through

Skippy

The "Quote" from Bolibruck is classic steeler whine, its almost as if they got Dave Simms back in a day to write that one.

"People are going to get hurt. Night in and night out, there is no protection for us" bless him maybe he needs a safer job ? Loppy pop man ?

TheStub

Strange that it only ever seems to be the Steelers that have these huge problems with Voth?

Apart from the behind the benches incident with Hull, I can't really think of any Voth controversy that hasn't involved the Steelers. I just hope that the league have demanded a nice big deposit to review the tapes.

What I really love about the quotes in that Wales Online article is the biggest complaint is really with reffing consistency. Yes, we would like that too - we would have loved to have seen the Squeelers called for some of their dodgy antics all night too.

can we get the devils to ask the league to investage the steelers to check is ben simon is in fact a woman with the amout of moanning he can do and if cambel can play hockey

E.D.S.

skippy said:
The "Quote" from Bolibruck is classic steeler whine, its almost as if they got Dave Simms back in a day to write that one.

"People are going to get hurt. Night in and night out, there is no protection for us" bless him maybe he needs a safer job ? Loppy pop man ?
Just when my respect for that organisation couldn't get any lower. What a bunch of moaning muppets? And as for calling Andy French....what a complete child? You can just imagine the conversation....his only question would have been...."Uncle Andy, if the game gets abandoned now do we still get the points?". I'm surprised he didn't throw into the equation the state of the hot dogs and the fact the hand dryers don't work. Not to mention the splash back I always seem to get from using the urinals....surely you've got to abandon the game!

Pleased that Shannon adds some decent perspective on the game, shame it will fall on deaf ears though.

To the Sheffield organisation, you are a disgrace and an embarrassment. You lost, deal with it.

Gazza272

skippy said:

By the time he got to the middle of the road the kids would have been knocked down :lol:

E.D.S.

skippy said:
James said:
http://www.thestar.co.uk/icehockey/Angry-Steeler-in-call-for.6659802.jp
Wasn't Munn facing him ? "Munn says he was 'blind-sided' by Voth "
Exaclty. This has now desended into a farce! It's now being classed a blindside hit when Voth caught him straight on, in the chest and Munn's went flying straight back, not sideways or in any awkward shape, he was straight on and further more Munn saw him coming.

I'm seriously hoping this is a load of hot air and nothing will come it.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #53
someone is lying and I don't think its the video evidence. Would be nice to have some comments from Finnerty, I'm sure he can tell us some stories about Sheffield and the media.

Rempel16

I would absolutely love Bolibruck to 'attempt' to back-up his words.

Bolibruck is quite possibly the least tough import in the league this year (in size proportion) and yet he's coming out with comments like he plays around with the big boys.

Finnerty knocked him down a few pegs early in the season, in a moment that I was very surprised over, as he's shyed away from Finner in every game since Finner signed for us.

He was another of the big, brave Steelers who actually waited until Voth was behind glass before offering to fight him!!!

For other reasons though, any action taken by Bolibruck now has to be deemed as pre-medidated and the intent is already proven in the comments, so for his own sake, I would hope the ref tells him that he's aware of Bolibruck's intentions prior to the next Devils-Squeelers game.

Can please someon put his toys back in his pram so he can stop whining?

Rempel16

And as for Munn.....

He needs to learn the laws around the media before he can spout his mouth off, if I remember correctly he once denied making comments even though the denied comments were made by himself on a public radio show!!!!

That concussion has obviously hazed his memory somewhat, as he was quite happy to nail Macrae with a cheap elbow the last time they played in Cardiff.

Thankfully for Munn, Macrae hadn't enrolled at the Sheffield Squeelers School of Diving and Performing Arts.

Skippy

drummer-ricky said:
how can they complain about max when simonhas already stated in his match summory on the elite league site it was a clean hit
Cleary he is so worried that Max will be out to get him that he has made a public announcement to try and disguise that he is actually complaining to “teacher” in private :D

This is all very pathetic, lets hope it gets the scorn that it deserves from the league

ASHIPP

drummer-ricky said:
how can they complain about max when simonhas already stated in his match summory on the elite league site it was a clean hit
My thoughts exactly. Simon has already acknowledged that Max's check was clean and therefore, legal. No intent to injure.......very unfortunate if Talbot landed awkwardly, but players must expect to be checked in games.

Hopefully, the 'powers that be' will review all relevant footage and decide the same. :?

As for the ice stoppage during the match, if officials, Planet Ice staff and G thought it was safe after repair (and let's face it, G is not going to risk the injury of any players, whether the Devils were losing or not), I can only conclude that it would have suited the Steelers for an abandonment in order to take the 2 points as it stood. If they are hoping that a ban on the Devils' players will give them an advantage in our cup game against Nottingham on Saturday, do they really think that the Panthers will be thinking about doing Sheffield a 'favour'? :roll:

Skippy

ASHIPP said:
do they really think that the Panthers will be thinking about doing Sheffield a 'favour'? :roll:
Id guess from a number of tickets sold the Panthers might prefer the steelers through it would give both clubs a massive cash boost.
Id guess factoring in that and the Devils current the Panthers would like us out pretty darn sharpish.

DevilDom

I really hope Corey and G have a word before the game on Saturday and we carve up a draw to send that whining bunch of classless idiots out becasuse that is exactly what they deserve.

Panthers would be happy as they would go through as group winners and I'd be happy just to send the Steelers out. We would have to beat the giants to make the final but i'd take that - we'd have to beat them (probably) to win it anyway.

Just as I was gaining a bit more respect for that organisation all their old traits re-surface. It's a shame because they could be good for British Ice Hockey instead of being the toxic, classless muppets that drag the sport down to petty politics.

Simon - grow a pair it's hockey not figure skating.