Cardiff sweat on imports ahead of cup clash

DevilDom

Finny said:
I guess there are a couple of options:

-We are not lowering ourselves to their level and resorting to childish responses.
-We are trying to appeal and don't want to say anything until that has happened.
-We are preparing a kick ass response which will result in several Sheffield players facing bans of their own.
I'd take option 3 if we could also inlcude Hicks for yet another inept performance.

drainage

DevilDom said:
Finny said:
I guess there are a couple of options:

-We are not lowering ourselves to their level and resorting to childish responses.
-We are trying to appeal and don't want to say anything until that has happened.
-We are preparing a kick ass response which will result in several Sheffield players facing bans of their own.
I'd take option 3 if we could also inlcude Hicks for yet another inept performance.
Option 1 shows class- option 2 is good but 3 is the best !

Imagine that we hit them slam dunk with some bans ........ now that is devine retribution :D

But realistically is it going to happen - if half of the Sheffield players iced with machetes and the other half weren't legally registered players it would be a ban for Brad !!

As a side note....I'd like to think we're recalling Smith and Davies for the Panthers game now. These guys are playing at Elite League level already and it's difficult to argue the GB U20s is more important/better for those players development than a key fixture against the Panthers.

ASHIPP

Soundwave1 said:
As a side note....I'd like to think we're recalling Smith and Davies for the Panthers game now. These guys are playing at Elite League level already and it's difficult to argue the GB U20s is more important/better for those players development than a key fixture against the Panthers.
Whilst I think most of us would want that to happen, is it feasible? Would the coaching staff allow the early return of players?

ASHIPP said:
Soundwave1 said:
Whilst I think most of us would want that to happen, is it feasible? Would the coaching staff allow the early return of players?
I'm not sure, but I doubt they'd have a say even if they didn't want them to return. It's the Devils who pay the wages. I think it's important the players themselves are left to make a final decision based on conversations with both parties.

I feel a club vs country debate coming on :D

Russky

If it were just a league game with nothing really riding on other than 2 pts then I'd say let them play in the GB game, but its cup game and we need to secure the win or at worst a draw to stop the Steelers going through!