Cardiff Devils Vs Panthers - 30th Nov 7:00pm - Chat and Such

Chris

Administrator
Re: Cardiff Devils Vs Panthers - 30th Nov 7:00pm - Chat and

That's madness!

Presumably we have to pay to risk the EIHL random penalty generator though if we actually expect anything to happen retrospectively?

On the plus side, hell of a victory :D

drainage

crazydunc said:
Chris said:
What call did the Jensen hit actually get?
Jensen, 11:20 - Interference-Minor, 2 min (PP)

According to the game sheet :/
Takes the definition of interference to its outer limits! Bad hit cheap shot ...... Doubt anything will happen!

Slartibartfast

Brilliant game tonight. The Devils were awesome. 5 really well worked team goals. Although things got a bit scrappy for short patches in the first and early second period, generally we had 3 lines all clicking. Its taken a long time to get there but if we keep playing like this there is finally hope.

Also glad to see that the fans appreciated it and the old Devils atmosphere that we know and love was back.

Only negative to the night (sorry there has to be one) is that some plonker locked the gates at the back causing chaos as everyone tried to get out the front way where there are traffic lights. Tempers got frayed as some people thought they were more important than others and tried to jump the orderly queue that everyone else was forming.

Game sheet has the attendance as 1424. Bearing in mind block 3 was cordoned off, I would have guessed less than that. While is a shame. A cracking performance all round. We smothered everything the Panthers threw forward and played with confidence in their zone. Magical evening!

I wore my 2009/10 jersey again and I wondered if that had anything to do with it? Maybe it wasn't Pelle, Matzka, Macrae or even Weller. It was the jersey.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

osh

Well worth the 5 nil shutout. For me, Kukra has made a huge difference to how we have changed our style of play and the lines now seem to be clicking. Not only that, it's easy to see that the players have responded to the situation we found ourselves in a few weeks ago. The effort from each and every player has been great and the back checking of our forwards is great to see. Delighted that DLC got a well deserved shut out, but I am loving Kukras input. His stick handling and positioning is top class and he hardly ever loses the puck when in possession.

A great team performance, great fan response in the tent and feel it only right to say well done to the coaching team as well !

James

Administrator
I haven't looked but it's gotta be our biggest score over the panthers in a long time. It's their worst shut out since 2006 apparently. Great game tonight. LaCosta was awesome and they had nothing to touch him. I suspect KWall in nets might have saved a couple more tonight but what a great result. Same again tomorrow please.

Edit: ok I checked. Biggest win over the panthers since 2000 in the ISL

jimmy snels

Great result, and well happy with performances of late.

That hit was horrendous. Been told devils ARE asking for a review. I think 5 games at least if not ten. Blind side, feet off floor,driving from knees upward & principle point of contact the head without doubt

osh

jimmy snels said:
Great result, and well happy with performances of late.

That hit was horrendous. Been told devils ARE asking for a review. I think 5 games at least if not ten. Blind side, feet off floor,driving from knees upward & principle point of contact the head without doubt
Yep, a definite cheap shot from someone who should know better considering he has suffered a serious concussion injury in the past himself that meant he missed over a whole season ( not a hockey concussion I add ). Ben was looking the other way but was deliberately targeted and he did well not to milk it. How it only got a 2 minute penalty I don't know. When the ref looks at it again he should be ashamed of himself ( as should Jensen )

Kwall wasn't in net as he's out injured and has been for a few games. Was their second backup import keeper in net and to be fair our guys really worked all 5 goals so not much down to keeper.

As for hit on Ben should get a ban but this is the elite league and it was a Panthers player so they will dismiss it just as they did with Keefe's hit early this year.

As for the game another fantastic performance from every single player for the full 60 and I'm finally starting to enjoy hockey again. Also apart from check to the head on Ben Dean Smith had another fantastic game as ref and let the players get on with it. Surprised not to see Hollywood Tom for the TV game but a better game for it.

Well done lads, same again tomorrow.

Russky

as the late hit on Ben was called and acted on by the ref, I cant see any further action being taken unless the club review the hit and make an official complaint, but even then I wouldnt hold my breath on it! and
e
Great Result and awesome performance from Max! La Costa must be gutted he didnt get MOM for his shut out!

Great result against a good Panthers team.

I wasn't there tonight but looks like I missed a cracking tram performance.

My only question is did anyone take retribution after that horrible hit on Ben?
I think we've sort of become soft as a team and I would have liked someone to hand Jenson his backside after such a cheap nasty hit.

Apart from that, great result.

Have Hope#35

Dwoods said:
Great result against a good Panthers team.

I wasn't there tonight but looks like I missed a cracking tram performance.

My only question is did anyone take retribution after that horrible hit on Ben?
I think we've sort of become soft as a team and I would have liked someone to hand Jenson his backside after such a cheap nasty hit.

Apart from that, great result.
In all fairness I believe it lead to a goal so play hadn't actually stopped... Plus not sure players realised quite how dirty a hit it was, I know I didn't until I saw the replay and the rest of the crowd didn't make much noise about it either!

In hindsight it was a very cheap and nasty hit but the Devil's were truly fab last night in what was a one sided afair for 50mins (first 10mins were even for me). Well done to all of the team!

mweller

I confidently predicted to my daughter that it'd be a tight game, maybe 1-1 then OT. It was looking that way in the 1st period, then the Devils really stepped it up.
They all seem to have much more confidence now - don't want to tempt fate, but I can't see them collapsing anymore like they did against Fyfe after taking a 3-0 lead.
And Kurka is class, pleased he scored tonight.

WOW !!!! I wasn't expecting that - was expecting a tight game, maybe an overtime loss and 1 point, but WOW!!!! how wrong was I :D :D
GREAT win, GREAT shutout & GREAT goals (btw any DEVILS goal is a GREAT goal :RAWK ) :lol: :lol:
The RED ARMY Juggernaut rolls on :RAWK :RAWK

mazza03

I couldn't go last night but it sounds like I missed a corker, well done Devils.

Slartibartfast

Nobody took revenge for the hit on Ben and rightly so in my opinion. We are still a player short so cannot afford to have someone in the box or worse thrown out of the game.
Plumpton was chirping all the way through the game and really wound up some of the Panthers.
When asked to fight, he just smiled at them.
To me this is great discipline not cowardice. We know Plumpton can fight but he chose not to and the result was a 5-0 win.
If Conboy had been able to show this discipline then he might have still been here showing us what a capable player he was.
Despite no fighting, it was still a fairly physical game.
Don't get me wrong, I love to watch a good scrap but I would rather watch a good win and I did last night.
Well done Devils

D

Deleted member 1337

At the end of the game, why on earth were the gates shut at the end of the game, I saw many people trying to clamber over the fence. I just want to ask who is to fault for shutting the rear car park gates?
I can't believe that no-one else has raised this issue, unless someone was to override the traffic lights?
Because they are still there, right?

But asides from that, It was an Excellent game!

Finny

Missed the last two games, and we've won them both.
I'm a bit worried about going next week now!

I believe the closure of the rear gates was at Premier Sports's request.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk