Cardiff Devils PP

Paul Sullivan

scottman17 said:
When you watch the likes of Nottingham go on the powerplay, you just know there's a good chance they are going to score.
Certainly is.

Latest numbers have them at nearly 28% at home, and 24.4% overall for first place in EIHL.

Sheffield are second overall with 23.1
Then Belfast
Then Braehead

For the record we currently have a 5th placed, 17.7% PP

Wouldn't it be amazing if those numbers looked a lot like the team budgets? :D

Edited to add: we are currently listed as 20.5% at HOME, 13.2 ROAD pp conversion.

These numbers are for ALL games this year.

Thread starter #43
scottman17 said:
When you watch the likes of Nottingham go on the powerplay, you just know there's a good chance they are going to score.
Be careful scottman17 that sounds a bit like you expect them to score on PP :lol:

KaneDevils

I’ve taking quite a slating for expecting a goal when we are on a PP.
Eh? I must be reading a different forum?
you haven't been slated but more ..... corrected. Expecting a PP goal every time is lunacy, sure you can hope for that but it's not going to happen. Sure Nottinghams PP will be better than ours, they have better players. In the same way I'd expect our PP to be better than Hulls.
Not only do Nottingham score more goals on the PP but it's overall better to watch, faster, quicker tempo, more movement etc. Not allowing the goalie time to see the shot coming, or where it's coming from.

KaneDevils

KaneDevils said:
I’ve taking quite a slating for expecting a goal when we are on a PP.
Eh? I must be reading a different forum?
you haven't been slated but more ..... corrected. Expecting a PP goal every time is lunacy, sure you can hope for that but it's not going to happen. Sure Nottinghams PP will be better than ours, they have better players. In the same way I'd expect our PP to be better than Hulls.
Not only do Nottingham score more goals on the PP but it's overall better to watch, faster, quicker tempo, more movement etc. Not allowing the goalie time to see the shot coming, or where it's coming from.
Just to add, a 5 on 3 is a different kettle of fish. Then I'd expect a goal, depending on the duration of that PP. Anymore than a minute say, and I'd be more inclined to expect a goal.