Cardiff Devils goal music

Paul Sullivan

Glover said:
I don't mind sandstorm by Darude (was that what they used for us last year in the Final against Nottingham - not sure if it was used this year in the semi final which I didn't see).
That's one you will never hear, sorry. Blanket ban from the coaching staff. I believe Franny's words were along the lines of 'if I was in Tesco and I heard that song I would think of Sheffield. Just no.'

:lol:

I like a few of the traditions and commonalities that have developed in the last few years, but I am more leaning towards a pretty big overhaul of the general stoppage music, plus some more incidental / topical stuff.

Oh, and integrating more video into stoppages too...

Paul Sullivan said:
I like a few of the traditions and commonalities that have developed in the last few years, but I am more leaning towards a pretty big overhaul of the general stoppage music, plus some more incidental / topical stuff.
Got loads of ideas for ya in that case...! :)

Paul Sullivan said:
Glover said:
I don't mind sandstorm by Darude (was that what they used for us last year in the Final against Nottingham - not sure if it was used this year in the semi final which I didn't see).
That's one you will never hear, sorry. Blanket ban from the coaching staff. I believe Franny's words were along the lines of 'if I was in Tesco and I heard that song I would think of Sheffield. Just no.'

:lol:

Oh, and integrating more video into stoppages too...
Ah well. At least we know this is one rejected one.

Sounds like you've got some good stuff lined up for us - looking forward to seeing it. Are you going to be looking at the entrance music/video or will this be staying the same for now?

Paul Sullivan

I will be looking at the intro, yes. Biggest challenge with the intro is that when you need to film it, you have less than half your team in the country :)

I think the music on the intro still works and don't want to change things just for the sake of it - I feel if the audio is strong then a refresh of the video will work, and then add some more current imagery when it is available as games are played.

Though it may not get noticed. Had a few calls to update the intro last year, so we did, with some 'legends' footage and it mostly slipped under the radar :cool:

There are a few player-orientated video ideas I have been wanting to do for a while too, and these may appear this season. As ever (and now more than ever) though, resources are a limitation. Video is great but costly to do well, and we would all rather G has 11 imports and a tonne of gear than we have a kick-ass intro but the 2011-12 Fife roster (from September).

We do try and look at our output and keep it fresh, keep asking what more can we do and is it good enough. Staying static means going backwards, and as the atmosphere in the BBT is it's one and only selling point, we on the production team feel pretty strongly about always trying to keep what works and create more new items that do too.

I'm under no illusions as to the importance of the role, but entertainment and atmosphere is one of the things that, in our building, has to be offered to keep folk returning. A lot of people work very hard up and down the EIHL, but you only have to see the amount of stock placed by some clubs on the match night show to see it's towards the bottom of the pile.

You can never please everyone all the time.

I love singing the anthem without music, goosebumps time.....

I don't like the "goal" chant as like Clare said i feel its awkward with the "wooo hoo" as people are clapping to the both lol

Burn in to the ground i love as an intro, i just love it! I like Sandstorm too and I find Coventrys intro works pretty well. (special D remix) but i wouldn't want to have the same as any other team.....

voth26

Not sure if this track could/would fit anywhere but if it could for me it would be thunderstruck by AC/DC, has a kinda dark heavy rock feel with a kick butt pumped up feeling.

ACDC Thunderstruck is pretty awesome intro music that's used by Tampa Bay (amongst others) when they come onto the ice, but that's a pretty obvious choice for them given their name. Although it's used during warmup in Caerdydd I think it would be better served when the players enter the ice for introductions instead of nickelback.

Agree with the folks who've said a big no no to Chelsea Dagger as the goal music. It's so overly played at hockey arenas it's become cheesy.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
Wasn't Thunderstruck the intro at the WNIR? Or was that Hells Bells?

I cant remember either being the intro? Unless samples of it were incorporated into our famous intro. Although i thought it was a Van Halen song that was in that followed by INXS devil inside.

We did once upon a time come out to devils gun i think it was called. By the band called gun

Paul Sullivan said:
Though it may not get noticed. Had a few calls to update the intro last year, so we did, with some 'legends' footage and it mostly slipped under the radar :cool:

I don't get to go to many games but I did notice it, Paul. Lawless replacing a certain number 16 which people felt disappointed seeing on the screen. Can't imagine what they would think if this was still on the video for this season.

Hopefully Chelsea Dagger will be off the list - my first ever Play Off Final and I went home hating that song!

I'm happy with the current goal music, but always happy to ring the changes. Just don't ever ask me to join in with the 'clap clap goal' chant. I think we stole that from Coventry didn't we? I wish we had left it there. I hate it!