Cardiff Devils goal music

Thread starter #1
Firstly I know I'm probably going to get shot down in flames as this seems to be the norm for any mention of music on this board but I'll put my flame proof jacket on and hope for the best.

This is not a complaint or anything along those lines but I was wondering whether any consideration had been given to changing the Cardiff Devils goal music for the up coming season. I'm sure plenty of people love Blur's song 2 although I personally hate it with a passion but I don't think it is a particuarly good song to get the crowd into it and the woohoo chant is half done at best where I sit.

Looking at some of the other NHL teams they have much lively options which can really get the crowd into the celebration and maybe give the guys a boost and as we will hopefully be getting a few more goals this season to celebrate :D I'm just wondering if now is time for a change. Maybe they could even experiment with a few possibilites in the friendly games and see what gets the better reaction.

I think the introducation/build up is now just about right and the large majority of the crowd get involved in the clapping etc. before the players come out making a really good atmophere but I think it is time we do the same for the goal music.

My top 3 personal suggestions / choices would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNfXZ8O4Lf0&feature=fvst (Joe Satriani Crowd Chant - possibly not known by the masses but a good crowd participation song, think Minnesota Wild use this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc8XTQSy-G8 (Kernkraft 400 Zombie Nation - Used by Boston)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kN5x9tbja8&feature (RRP2? Used by the San Jose Sharks, Florida Panthers and a few others)

Obviously these would need to be edited to the right places but in my opinion all of the above are an improvement on Blur's song 2 although anything for a change would be good.

Anyone have any other suggestions or do we stick with song 2?

Hynod

Anything but special D, the tamperer or chelsea dagger.

I quite like philly flyers and wash caps siren.

Guess PS will make the call.

danhall76

Couldn't care less what the music is. I'm there to watch the Hockey, don't really pay attention to the music. For what it's worth the Siren is cool. But only if we get the ringbell sound effect for after fights like Boston.

Gazza272

Ger-Devils said:
Aslong as it's not Flyers goal music from playoffs- shocking!

Sens use a remix version of Seven Nation Army which is good.

I LOVED the flyers goal music. It had a certain thing to it, it sort of sounded the right kind of celebratory and gave the crowd something to chant.

jimmy snels

Rempel16 said:
noodlesboy said:
THis would be pretty good for when a save is made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMvN45s ... ata_player
I'm guessing Osaer's music is still going to be 'put your hands up for Detroit'
because we've not hardly heard that for the last few years :lol:

i like the idea of changing up the track lists a bit, keep it fresh. the same old "put your hands up in the air" and "cold as ice" tracks dont get me into it at all. i like the idea of looking at NHL teams and taking the best bits tho :) i like noodlesboys track :) sounds very hockey to me. we usually play aggressive hockey so lets get a bit more aggressive on the airways to! :twisted:

Paul Sullivan

Glad this was brought up.

I have a couple of ideas for goal music and will look at the great suggestions here too, thanks all.

I felt for much of last season that the goal music needed refreshing. I am a big fan of the *clap clap* GOAL! chant that may of the fans have been singing for a while.

I think it's a waste to have that going on under Damon Albarn at high volume so I was going to suggest something a little different:

Goal is scored
Horn blasts
Nothing from me - 'GOAL' chant from the fans
Goal music

The would accomplish a few wins, to my thinking: prolongs the celebration / gloating / derision of opposition :twisted: , refreshes the music itself and, most importantly, brigns the fans more and more into the celebrations. Would be great to see a big crowd doing the 'GOAL' chant, and it's a doodle for newbies to pick up too.

Thoughts, folks?

TheStub

Maybe choose a song that incorporates fan involvement.

Like New Jersey... but with much less Gary Glitter.

I also like the way Islanders use Seven Nation Army when the team go on the powerplay.

Gazza272

Paul Sullivan said:
Goal is scored
Horn blasts
Nothing from me - 'GOAL' chant from the fans
Goal music

The would accomplish a few wins, to my thinking: prolongs the celebration / gloating / derision of opposition :twisted: , refreshes the music itself and, most importantly, brigns the fans more and more into the celebrations. Would be great to see a big crowd doing the 'GOAL' chant, and it's a doodle for newbies to pick up too.

Thoughts, folks?
I think initially as a crowd that is going to be very awkward initially. People automatically cheer for a while and it takes a while for the goal chant to surface.

With no music I think a lot of newbies will be confused as to whether a goal has been scored or not. Personally I think it would take too long to condition people to it.

But if we are talking cutting music and letting the fans do something, I have been a big supporter of letting the fans sing the anthem unaccompanied, think it would really kick start some of the bigger games!