Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2015/16

bdevil

If we get Hotham back it would not only be amazing to have him back, but, in my opinion, it would be amazing to have 3 pairs of Dmen who know each others games and have enjoyed success together last year.
Lets not forget what we have..

Hendrikx - one of the toughest defence men in the league, who, when fully fit, is intimidating and lifts the crowd
Batch - improving every game and at the back end of last season was stand out
Richardson - described as the only Brit currently playing who could make it in the NHL
Marsh - Captain, Leader
Hudson (and Hotham) - no need to even say anything about these two, stats and skill say it all.

All in all, one of, if not the best defence in the league.

Peace

Wannabe2

bdevil said:
If we get Hotham back it would not only be amazing to have him back, but, in my opinion, it would be amazing to have 3 pairs of Dmen who know each others games and have enjoyed success together last year.
Lets not forget what we have..

Hendrikx - one of the toughest defence men in the league, who, when fully fit, is intimidating and lifts the crowd
Batch - improving every game and at the back end of last season was stand out
Richardson - described as the only Brit currently playing who could make it in the NHL
Marsh - Captain, Leader
Hudson (and Hotham) - no need to even say anything about these two, stats and skill say it all.

All in all, one of, if not the best defence in the league.

Peace
Totally with you here, these guys have a season together behind them and they will only get better, would like a tough winger now please.

Welshy74

Doest look good of Hotham returning

Congrats to my former roommate @hendrikx71 on signing with @cardiffdevils this year. Have a great year Trev and show the fans the hipshot

Have Hope#35

Welshy74 said:
Doest look good of Hotham returning

Congrats to my former roommate @hendrikx71 on signing with @cardiffdevils this year. Have a great year Trev and show the fans the hipshot
He would know not to give away anything to the fans until he's confirmed as moving... He's either playing with us or is set to be announced somewhere shortly!

It was mentioned in the match night programme a while back, that Todd (I think it was Todd) had spoken to an NHL scout who was at the world championships, and apparently he said of the whole GB team, that Richardson was the only one who had the potential to make it to the NHL. Obviously that doesn't mean he's NHL ready ...but still high praise indeed!

bb1

Kurka is class so happy with that.

Hervato is a very good player and one of fastest in league.

My only concern is that we haven't replaced Myers or Mychan with any one who plays a similar style of play.
Myers created a lot of turnovers from his hits and grittiness behind net etc... Mychan had his moments where he could too. Myers was also great in front of the net. Looks like we need to rely on speed and playmaking now as we only have 3 big guys in Lord, Haddad and Salters up top.

I can see that Lordo maybe trying to exploit other teams weaknesses as a few have big slow D men like Valabik and Nickerson but I'm sure it will mean Salters is very active in the fighting department when these big D ment get frustrated.

Overall Kurka is a huge signing and Hervato a good signing but I feel we needed a different style of fwd to Hervato. Hope I'm wrong

Does anyone think Lord would consider breaking up the Lord-Martin-Mo line?
With the forwards we've signed, I'm really curious to see what lines could pop up if he did...

I'd love to see:
Kurka-Lord-Doucet
Haddad-Martin-Morrissette
Salters-Hervato-Walton

Although there's so many great combinations of players who could play well together, it's very scary!

Devil_Abroad

Re: Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2015/16

Baz-lar said:
Not many teams will support a player still recovering - proof of the club's great team-ethics but also the quality of Culligan.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a dream last night that Hotham signed for Belfast and then had a public spat with his jersey sponsor on twitter. Just wanted to put that out there for posterity!