Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2015/16

Devil_Abroad

Re: Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2015/16

High salaries won't be considered I don't think reading Steve's response - so no Biz - as for Kurka he was on good money last time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

Kurka was on considerably more than anyone on the team last time. He was fantastic in a quite frankly shit team, playing in a team with no leadership and poor tactics. He still put up big points and stood out massively for me.

As for high salaries not being considered biz was SIGNED, no doubt on a much higher wage than anyone else only 6 months ago. Never say never!!

Szwez would be a good signing as well. We have lots of fire power up the minute but i would like someone with a bit of toughness as one of the final two forwards. Hence why i said biz up top.

Our forward doesn't have to be tough though!
I prefer a really tough d man instead of forward. Take no nonsense in front of bowns move them out of the crease etc. we got salters and Lord who hits everyone that moves all we need is someone like szwez to do the same on the last line

KaneDevils

We have lots of fire power up the minute but i would like someone with a bit of toughness as one of the final two forwards. Hence why i said biz up top.
Do we not have enough toughness though Jimmy? Especially if Hendrikx and/or Marsh is to return.

I'd rather see a grinder and a two way forward signed in the mould of Matzka. Think this would give us a really good blend.

Devil_Abroad

Just reading what Steve wrote about dressing room chemistry if one or two are highly paid so not like to happen even if it is Biz

Mooney#16

Warren Peters. Check YouTube. From his time in the show he doesn't mind a hit or a fight and has good production from AHL level. The more I research him the more he looks like a Devil. Was a C in the AHL also.

Mooney#16

Devil_Abroad said:
Just reading what Steve wrote about dressing room chemistry if one or two are highly paid so not like to happen even if it is Biz

There are guys already on the roster though that will not be cheap. Let's not take Steve's comment as a we will be going cheap. Merely keeping to a structure. If Biz or anyone else fits in that structure then they are perfectly get able signings.

jimmy snels

KaneDevils said:
We have lots of fire power up the minute but i would like someone with a bit of toughness as one of the final two forwards. Hence why i said biz up top.
Do we not have enough toughness though Jimmy? Especially if Hendrikx and/or Marsh is to return.

I'd rather see a grinder and a two way forward signed in the mould of Matzka. Think this would give us a really good blend.

Personally id rather a forward in the bin if any because you then keep your D partnerships. Bear in mind szwez is very tough and puts up loads of points. Same as biz. Im not talking a tough mug for this last position. Im talking about balance and believe a strong player and a high skilled player as our last two signings would give you better balance

The thing about having so many good players is they will all want ice time,
So I hope we don't upset no one this sieason.
Because if you notice lords line are on there more than anyone.

zoesdevil

Mooney#16 said:
Warren Peters. Check YouTube. From his time in the show he doesn't mind a hit or a fight and has good production from AHL level. The more I research him the more he looks like a Devil. Was a C in the AHL also.
This bloke is pure quality, just what we need!!

I just can't wait for penalty shot. Mo, Ducet, Haddad and Martin. I'd say most teams would be dreading a shootouts against us

Finny

I know a couple of people have said they'd like two tough guys like Biz or McGratton as our final two imports - but they're both wingers and if we ever did see Biz back here I think it'd be on D.

Assuming that we're not going to play anyone out of position then our last two forwards are going to need to be centres.
One will either be Culligan or a replacement for Culligan/Markuu. Neither were prolific scorers or particularly physical, but good defensively and very reliable. If Culligan doesn't return then will we see a similar style of player or will Lord be looking for someone who can contribute a bit more physicality and scoring?

The other centre will effectively be Myers' replacement. Now, the rumours are the time were that it was our decision not to re-sign Myers rather than him deciding to move on. Just because the import limit went up didn't mean we had to sign 13 imports - we could have kept Myers who for me is just as good as many imports in this league.
Which makes me think released Myers because we knew there wasn't going to space for him. Had we already identified his replacement? Perhaps it's a bit of wishful thinking from me - but I'm hoping that Myers' replacement is real wow signing. A big, highscoring centre who is also physical when needed. A Jason Ruff type signing.

We're also down on our forward physicality so far compared to last season. Salters is effectively replacing Mychan but with Clarkson being replaced by Doucet we need IMO one of our centres to be a tough, physical player.