Campbell out new guy in?

Thread starter #1
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/spo ... -22712815/

G says that he has had talks with DC to let him go so we can sign a new guy. It looks as though his injury will not heal until right at the end of the season so we cant play that long short benched. G also says he will definitely look at bringing DC back next year - in my opinion this is a no brainer. The guy oozes the ethos of Cardiff Devils and for me was a stand out player this year. He gives his all every night and only the knee gods could stop him in his (train) tracks.

Thank you for your contribution this year DC, hope you heal fast and look forward to seeing you in a devils jersey next year!

Finny

I think it's the right decision. Campbell has had an excellent season for us, but if he is going to be out for 2 to 3 months then when need to bring in someone to replace him.

Cheers for all your hardwork DC!

Finny

I also notice that they keep referring to new signings, in the plural. I guess they are waiting to hear the decision on Fulton and are lining someone up for him too just in case.

Just thinking, Nottingham and squeelers currently have to many imports and should be releasing players shortly. Be interesting to see who goes. Think its a no brainer with nott, ndur im pretty sure will be out of a job soon.

Wannabe2

Finny said:
I think it's the right decision. Campbell has had an excellent season for us, but if he is going to be out for 2 to 3 months then when need to bring in someone to replace him.

Cheers for all your hardwork DC!
Second that post, Derek has been a shining light for us this season, god we are going to miss those awesome hits big time, great player 110% effort every shift. Thanks for everything you have done this season Derek, and whatever you do make sure you return back to us next season.
PS tell your mother to keep the jokes coming, they are so funny.All the very best to you.

Not at all surprised by this news having seen DC hobble around on crutches for the past two weeks, never ever thought he would be back in just a couple of months and ready to play.
He was a fantastic signing and I sincerely hope he returns to the club next season. All the best DC and thanks for everything.

it is the correct move but i will be gutted if hes not back next season, campbell was a star and probably the most entertaining to watch. Some of his hits were just awesome. Hopefully we can get a new signing in quickly.

Inevitable I guess but gutting all the same, I'd love to have seen DC come play off time, that guy is made for play-off hockey! DC's dad you should be very proud of your son and I hope we see him next year!

As for the replacement I wonder if Gillies signing could be he next press release?

Kipper

DC has made a whole hearted contrbution this year. G has made the correct decision and I am sure that the New Generation Cardiff Devils will look after DC after the effort he has put in for the club. Hope to see you back in 2009/10 DC.

Gaz G

Would definately want him back next year. He has been immense for us. That said is there any news on a replacement as we only have 12 days left

Chris

Administrator
Massive pain to be losing Campbell for the rest of the season :(

Hope he comes back stronger and that everything heals alright!

Rah for the new signing, another new face will be good, at least it cannot be Scott Kelman ;)

Chris.

James

Administrator
Gaz G said:
Where is this information coming from? Do we have a name?
I spoke to G at lunchtime, he wouldn't say a name as it's not a done deal. He was hopeful it will be by around about now, so if there is any news, expect it within the day I guess. Either that or harass him when he is out on lunch like I did :D