Blaze v Steelers...

dave

skippy said:
Three games two of which are Exhibition games, seems pretty light compared to some of the previous suspensions handed out ?

Problem with say the Ty one for example is that at the time in the elite rule book stated had it stated that it was min 3 game but if you appealed and lost it was min of 5. So Ty did have 2 games more but still the min set by the Elite League Owners etc at start of year.
That was taken out the next season. If not appealed Ty would have sat 3. But agree this should have been 3 league games at worse.
Board meeting tomorrow where tariffs, citing procedure etc is on agenda..

James

Administrator
dave said:
So when one of our players gets cited for a lesser crime they will get a longer tariff because 'the Leeb one was before the the meeting'

dave

James said:
dave said:
So when one of our players gets cited for a lesser crime they will get a longer tariff because 'the Leeb one was before the the meeting'
Can not see them changing the sucker punch one for that reason but why it was not all done BEFORE the challenge games only they know!! All I know is we have an example of what the minimum is ;) Personally I would have given 5 it was not a straight up sucker punch but premeditated by skating as far as he did to him etc etc. They have no where to go if someone gets a match for a a retaliation sucker punch for example if a player turns back by a player. Pressure will be on refs to maybe only call a game for that type???

Ocko

If it were most players then I probably would be more outraged. But seeing as it's Hewitt I'm not really that bothered. He's a cheapshot who constantly targets the 'easier targets'. When Leeb went for him he was hiding behind the linesman after injuring a player, as Devils fans we would expect our guys to go after someone for doing that.