Blaze v Steelers...

Tyke Devil

Thread starter #1
Bit O/T but it all seems to be kicking off at Sheffield.

One of the Leebs with a "match" for a sucker punch and Olson (sp?) already with 2 x 5 mins for fighting.

Finnerty to appeal to the EIHL perhaps? Thommo to say it was nothing but a bit of handbags and a sucker punch is just part of the game of ice hockey?

Chris

Administrator
Re: Blave v Steelers...

Split this post off into a new topic, i'm sure Thompson will be pleased with his squad :E

dave

Re: Blave v Steelers...

Will be interesting to see the size of the return game attendances in Coventry and if they play the same way there..

Thommo clearly wants to put bums on seats with a tough team but if they are not winning then cant see blaze fans turning up

As soon as they get a bit back he moans to league

Wanted to follow G with team toughness but I think they will spend more time in bin and with the exception of Guthrie the offence was poor

G is head and shoulders above Thommo as the team has balance

steelers have the squad but finnerty is faulty and if it does not go well he will walk or be sacked

sataneight said:
Wanted to follow G with team toughness but I think they will spend more time in bin and with the exception of Guthrie the offence was poor

G is head and shoulders above Thommo as the team has balance
Odd comment considering the two coaches resumes. From a Blaze point of view, I think we are happy with the team we have recruited. Our successful teams have always had toughness in them and whilst nobody expects a title this season, the first two matches have been entertaining.

Pleximan

Odd comment considering the two coaches resumes. From a Blaze point of view, I think we are happy with the team we have recruited. Our successful teams have always had toughness in them and whilst nobody expects a title this season, the first two matches have been entertaining.
I certainly would not be happy with that team if I were a Blaze fan. The Devils win over them last week was the biggest 2-1 hammering I can ever remember.
Devils looked strong, fast, powerful, defensively tight, an offense that looked threatening all game long from all lines, quite simply the Blaze were just clinging on.
Ben Olson looks nothing more than a tall defenceman who can fight, but his skating.....oh dear, he looked awkward and was turned in all shapes all game long by the Devils far quicker offence, he looks like he will be a liability for the Blaze.

Ofensively the Blaze had very little to offer, no speed, no ability to hold onto the puck, no outlet player to relieve pressure from their creaking defence. On that showing they looked very much like they will be the bottom team in the conference - no question.

Hull, Fife, Dundee, Edinburgh will all be more than a match for the Blaze this year.

kettdevil1

Pleximan said:
Ofensively the Blaze had very little to offer, no speed, no ability to hold onto the puck, no outlet player to relieve pressure from their creaking defence. On that showing they looked very much like they will be the bottom team in the conference - no question.

Hull, Fife, Dundee, Edinburgh will all be more than a match for the Blaze this year.
Not sure if I agree with you - despite the Leeb penalty they beat the Steelers last night and I think that their toughness will shake up some teams. They might struggle over the long haul in the conference but I will be surprised if they are regularly beaten by the teams mentioned.

Pleximan said:
Devils looked strong, fast, powerful, defensively tight, an offense that looked threatening all game long from all lines, quite simply the Blaze were just clinging on.
The difference between a club that has learnt lessons from last season and cut it's cloth accordingly and one that, one year after going bust, has again decided to chase the dream even if they can't afford it?

drainage

J.B said:
Pleximan said:
The difference between a club that has learnt lessons from last season and cut it's cloth accordingly and one that, one year after going bust, has again decided to chase the dream even if they can't afford it?
Didn't know you were our accountant???

Gazza272

J.B said:
Pleximan said:

Cut it's cloth accordingly? :lol:

Both the Leeb brothers are straight from the DEL right? Or at least one of them is? Olson has got AHL experience right? Egener as well? How about Guthrie? I doubt he stayed for the experience last season.

drainage

Gazza272 said:
J.B said:
Pleximan said:

Cut it's cloth accordingly? :lol:

Both the Leeb brothers are straight from the DEL right? Or at least one of them is? Olson has got AHL experience right? Egener as well? How about Guthrie? I doubt he stayed for the experience last season.
To be fair he meant to add cut its cloth to the overdraft limit !!! :lol:

am sure Danton isnt due to come over on £4.50 a week either !!

Tad#

He deserves a ban, but my god is Finnerty milking it. He's now called Blaze gutless after Hewitt now has a broken nose. Erm..I'm sorry, but your players were constantly sniping ours and Hicks did nothing. Oh..and for a guy with a broken nose, Hewitt played, checked, hit and slashed very well without a cage on at the dome last night. If he was that concerned about him, why even play him on the return leg of a heated friendly? What a load of tosh!

drainage said:
Didn't know you were our accountant???
Don't need to be. Paul Ragan has said as much. You are putting a team on the ice that you can't afford and need to increase ticket prices and hope that success increases crowds. I know that you all like to believe in the spin that Adams only signs unknown gems but the 3 players who had good seasons in the higher paying Italian league are hardly going to come here for nothing are they?