Blaze v Steelers...

It puts Maxi's clean open ice check in the BBT into perspective.

Given past bans for Cardiff with Voth and Michel they should be looking at a decent ban in Coventry as that was as bad and probably a lot worse than we've seen long bans for down here.

Place your bets on what the league will do this time around. They need a new target now that Voth has gone and I think we have a winner with that video but will they pick on any other club in the league.

Wizard91 said:
It puts Maxi's clean open ice check in the BBT into perspective.

Given past bans for Cardiff with Voth and Michel they should be looking at a decent ban in Coventry as that was as bad and probably a lot worse than we've seen long bans for down here.

Place your bets on what the league will do this time around. They need a new target now that Voth has gone and I think we have a winner with that video but will they pick on any other club in the league.
Seriously
:DWD

drainage

J.B said:
drainage said:
Didn't know you were our accountant???
Don't need to be. Paul Ragan has said as much. You are putting a team on the ice that you can't afford and need to increase ticket prices and hope that success increases crowds. I know that you all like to believe in the spin that Adams only signs unknown gems but the 3 players who had good seasons in the higher paying Italian league are hardly going to come here for nothing are they?
As I am not privvy to who is paid what I can hardly comment - and where exactly did I say they were coming for nothing ? I dont believe in the tooth fairy either !!!

However I seriously doubt your comment re cutting your cloth accordingly is accurate .....

drainage

Tad# said:
He deserves a ban, but my god is Finnerty milking it. He's now called Blaze gutless after Hewitt now has a broken nose. Erm..I'm sorry, but your players were constantly sniping ours and Hicks did nothing. Oh..and for a guy with a broken nose, Hewitt played, checked, hit and slashed very well without a cage on at the dome last night. If he was that concerned about him, why even play him on the return leg of a heated friendly? What a load of tosh!
to be honest when I read the article was bit surprised it went from possible surgery needed to played without face guard next day ?? think he used a fair bit emotion in that article !!

But as we have had fair sized bans for what appears to look less "harsh" I would expect a good few games as a ban - but guess we will see

jimmy snels

As much as id like to repeatedly like to see hewit punched in the head.. that was bang out of order and much worse than tylors 5 game ban a couple of years back for sucker punching.

DevilDom

Kind of ironic don't you think for Finnerty and simms to bleat about Michel's ban when he was a Devil, which played a big part in costing the Devils the league and handing it to the steelers.

Perhaps now the Blaze fans will stop carping on about Deeds pushing a players ice into the ice as if it was the worst thing to have happened in a game.

Go on Blaze have a look back at the YouTube clip and compare the 2, then come back and have a discussion about it.

StevenBletsoe said:
Perhaps now the Blaze fans will stop carping on about Deeds pushing a players ice into the ice as if it was the worst thing to have happened in a game.

Go on Blaze have a look back at the YouTube clip and compare the 2, then come back and have a discussion about it.
Obviously this should have said "pushing a players head into the ice".

I blame long days in work for slack typing tbh

drainage

StevenBletsoe said:

You would hope - but am guessing they wont see the irony and carry on anyway !

I think you might find DD took the guys helmet off and HIT his head on the ice is that different from what Leeb did?
I would say there is a great deal of difference however DD didnt do it in a Devils uniform so his actions at the time had nothing to do with the Devils, and therfore cannot be judged as such.

Having seen the clips, to me personally, they are as bad as each other. As in both bad as each other, not one less bad than the other. The main difference for me is that Deeds did his in his past and this was in a Blaze uniform.

The issue for me is that reading Deeds Twitter feed (it is a good enough reason to get a twitter account) this one event has been thrown at him constantly as a reason for calling him a Goon. Now we see players in their team colours up to the dark arts.

One thing is for sure is that with the game that Blaze are bringing this year a player like Deeds is going to be essential for the rest of the team to out play them. He may win some fights, he may lose many fights but he will never back down from one and that leaves the others free to actually stick the puck in net for the bit that actually matters

StevenBletsoe said:
Having seen the clips, to me personally, they are as bad as each other. As in both bad as each other, not one less bad than the other.
After reading the three different ways you decided to put this I see you mean, "they are as bad as each other". :lol:

I disagree with this. I think Leeb will get a ban but I'm very much behind sticking up for your team mates. The Deeds incident was miles worse regardless of what jersey he was wearing when he did it but it doesn't matter now. We've all seen hockey players get the red mist so I won't judge him for it. But seriously guys, the way you're talking about this sucker punch you'd think it was as bad as the McSorley incident :lol:

And also can we stop calling the Tylor one a sucker punch and call it, "the Steelers way of shafting us out of winning the league".

I can't really tell from the video but was Hewitt being taken away before the suckerpunch? i.e. was he punched from behind?

Edited to remove embarrassing spelling mistakes :oops:

So, just the standard 3 game tariff then :?:

Going round / through a linesmen (Apparently)
Sucker punching
Repeatedly punching whilst the opponent is on the ice

All that gets you just 3 games?

Well done Mr Kirkham, I think you may have made a rod for your own back there.

Skippy

Three games two of which are Exhibition games, seems pretty light compared to some of the previous suspensions handed out ?

Exactly.

Give 4 or 5 games now, 2 of which don't really matter, and then you've got some room when things kick off in other games.

Now, the standard is set for that sort of incident. 3 games only.

Unless they have no intention of being consistent at all.
Surely not? :pickle

Seems about right to me. Don't seem much of a sucker-punch myself ... he seems to rather pull him down and give him a few shots. Deserves a ban but seen much worse.