Blaze v Devils - 23/10 @ 17:15 - CCup - Chat/Updates

This forum's really odd, criticism of the team is a big no no, do some people on here think Steve King and co are going to walk away from the club unless we're 100% positive at all times?

How about this:
Being positive is fine
Criticism is fine

There's no need to constantly call people out because they have a different opinion to yours, the team lost 3 home games on the bounce in a very poor manner and were rightly criticised, they have now won 4 on the bounce and are getting all the well dones but it's ok to still see issues for improvement (cough..cough..Ulmer(personal opinion))

voth26

looking at the fight noble got what he deserved, it's a bit hard to see but it looks like he's throwing punches at Lord while Lord is tangled with another blaze player, also seems like stewart is trying to stop no balls, but no balls and Lord pull away and Lord batters the little s^&t, don't understand Lord getting a game penalty mind?

Electro

To me as they pulled away Lord seemed to be looking at pulling the jersey over his head, then it seems something snapped in Lord and Knoble got well and truly fu@@d up. The penalty for me was borderline, but Lord seemed to have lost it, which is punishable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

august04

looking at the fight noble got what he deserved, it's a bit hard to see but it looks like he's throwing punches at Lord while Lord is tangled with another blaze player, also seems like stewart is trying to stop no balls, but no balls and Lord pull away and Lord batters the little s^&t, don't understand Lord getting a game penalty mind?
It looks like Lord threw a couple while Noble was down. Entirely understandable I might add, but could be the reason for the Excessive Roughness/Aggressor call.

Last edited:

jimmy snels

Yep murdy is the best back up I've seen in ages in a devils uniform! Not a big net minder but seems to play in a "safe" manner that allows his D men to anticipate the rebounds.

upload_2016-10-23_21-45-13.png

:)

Agree....we are very lucky to have such depth in that position. Remember when our starting nettie was a certain Mr Cookie Monster? !!!

Good old days!.......o_O

august04

When Bowns returns, I hope we don't just use Murdy as a back up again. He's proven himself more than capable to start for this team and I'd like to see them both start regularly and get much needed rest when they don't. It's a great position to be in rather than the same goalie playing virtually every game throughout a long and tiring season.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

When Bowns returns, I hope we don't just use Murdy as a back up again. He's proven himself more than capable to start for this team and I'd like to see them both start regularly and get much needed rest when they don't. It's a great position to be in rather than the same goalie playing virtually every game throughout a long and tiring season.
Reminds me of a time when we had two reliable goalies sharing duties (Herlofsky and young Stevie Lyle) and how good that was! Murds has earned the right to play games...here's hoping that he and Bownsey can share that heavy workload and continue the supportive partnership.

Great win away and what a way to win, great character shown from the team. Credit to the blaze who gave it a good go even after a hard 2 games against the giants. Have to reiterate what some have said in that lordo has really shown some amazing leadership and really isn't shying away from anything. I think Noble is great at what he does but wow did lordo ever feed him his lunch!
Also have to give a shoutout to Murdy, he is more than ready when called on and from a back up nettie thats invaluable.
4 wins in a row and some very good performances being put in. Keep it boys!

wildthing74

Wow that was a weird night.To be honest we looked like we were never going to break through and I had convinced myself a loss and CC exit was not the end of the world and we can crack on with the league(I still do deep down) and winning like we did I would usually be buzzing but it was truly bizzare! We seemed to be playing within ourselves and yet in the last minute we peppered their goal with so many shots it was as if we had waiting 59 minutes to try and win it.

I can't comment on the fight as I was in another part of the building thinking I had beaten the buzzer but it's safe to say I'm pretty annoyed with my own stupidity and it's not like we have waited a long time to see that :(

What can you say about Murdy? He steps in having faced hardly any competitive rubber and wins 4 games in a week including 3 road wins with a GAA of 2.I won't pretend I expected us to lose at least a few of them but he has shown we can allow Bowns a few breathers which can only be good in the long run.I love how their styles are so different and Murdy is always looking to keep the puck alive and it's at times like having another D when he is moving the puck out when the opposition are going for a change expecting him to freeze it.

Haddad and Myers I thought were immense tonight both hitting all night and taking a few too.Bordy too played a good physical game and had them looking over their shoulders.

Hotham was class too and hardly seemed to be off the ice and at times he can annoy the crap out of fans with his casual passing and turnovers but he was faultless and in fact has been a standout for a few weeks but maybe at times we take him for granted and just expect so much off him?

Good result in the end but I still weirdly don't know if long term I was a CC run?

Devil_Abroad

This forum's really odd, criticism of the team is a big no no, do some people on here think Steve King and co are going to walk away from the club unless we're 100% positive at all times?

How about this:
Being positive is fine
Criticism is fine

There's no need to constantly call people out because they have a different opinion to yours, the team lost 3 home games on the bounce in a very poor manner and were rightly criticised, they have now won 4 on the bounce and are getting all the well dones but it's ok to still see issues for improvement (cough..cough..Ulmer(personal opinion))
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism and that's great for debate.

Demanding players be gassed - replace bench coach etc isn't constructive in my opinion - more like a tantrum

Haven't seen the game tonight but although disappointed that Blaze get a point I'm very happy we got 2!

Is our last game against Storm? If so, if we beat them by a better score than we lost to them (2?), does that mean we qualify and so it is still in our hands?

Also, what did Noble do this time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

It looks like Lord threw a couple while Noble was down. Entirely understandable I might add, but could be the reason for the Excessive Roughness/Aggressor call.
wouldnt be at all surprised that lord may sit the next league game out if dops have their way. could be an upgrade to a match pen. seem to remember a while back cant remember who but got a game for excessive roughing and the penalty was upgraded to a match pen.

James

Administrator

How about this:
Being positive is fine
Criticism is fine

There's no need to constantly call people out because they have a different opinion to yours, the team lost 3 home games on the bounce in a very poor manner and were rightly criticised, they have now won 4 on the bounce and are getting all the well dones but it's ok to still see issues for improvement
Great post. It's important to remember this is a forum and although you might not agree with a poster, they still have a right to post. There has been a few posts recently naming other posters and how you assume they are going to respond or how they will be upset they can't complain or will be along shortly to moan, or the like. If we can cut that out as its not constructive and is effectively an insult thrown at a forum user which is against the rules.

As for the game I only followed by MNL and thought we were dead and buried (as I'm sure most did) For people who say pulling the goalie only ends with an ENG the other end, here's one to point them at. When the equaliser went in in the last few seconds I knew we'd get the w. People have said it on here quite often and it's true, a team that can win against the odds, when they aren't playing their best or like last night, not dropping their heads when a game seems out of reach, are a team with a great chance at silverware.

Gazza272

I'll say this about 3 on 3, having seen it twice now i think the key to winning it is to lose the opening face off, let the opposition gather the puck, set yourself up and go for the break. it's neigh on impossible to set up any meaningful attack.

Great spectacle though!

mazza03

So pleased we got the win and that Lordo battered that blooming pain in the rear end, I have to say that I watched Jamie Ellison on Saturday and IMHO he isn't anywhere good enough to be a bench coach, he doesn't seem to say anything at all, we need Franny back.

youngbob

A week ago I posted that I wasn't happy with the way we were going, and said I'd be happy to be proved wrong

4 games later - I'M HAPPY!

Seeing Noble get his comeuppance was worth the journey, expected 5 + game for Lordo, as he kept going after Noble was on the ice
Murdy was excellent, regarding calls for him to get more games, I'd happily go along with that
3 on 3 we looked like the only team that had spent time practicing it!

One thing - please don't leave it so late, my blood pressure can't stand it!

Away from this game, watch out for Belfast, they haven't played a single game against Gardiner League opposition, so they're an unknown quantity