Blaze v Devils - 23/10 @ 17:15 - CCup - Chat/Updates

Devil_Abroad

Lord still has a lot to offer the club on the ice as a player with the luxury of being the boss, an unspoken issue within the dressing room. Not everybody enjoys the hands on type of boss who, I've only heard probably Chinese whispers, is a little too much of the hands on in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What's the 'unspoken issue'?

'Chinese whispers' 'too much hands on in the past'?

What are you trying to say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazza272

Lord still has a lot to offer the club on the ice as a player with the luxury of being the boss, an unspoken issue within the dressing room. Not everybody enjoys the hands on type of boss who, I've only heard probably Chinese whispers, is a little too much of the hands on in the past.

He's well respected within the club and fan base, so little will change, if anything. In my opinion he'd better serve the club in one defined role, not both.

Bordy for me seemed to be at a loss in parts of the game, particularly noticeable on blaze 2nd goal. Whether that lack of bullying by Bordy is an injury issue, a need to play hockey issue or an instruction not too, but it appeared to me as though Lord took on a role that Bordy should have done. I agree though, slightly foolish for his responsibility, once Lord was off he could no longer coach the remaining game, having said that we did pull a blinder of a win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firstly, I always think it's better if you have an accusation about someone to make it outright.

secondly, how do you have your view Lord is better in one role than another given we have just gone on our best run with him on the ice?

Also I don't get how Bordy can be blamed for the noble incident, it's one of those that happens in the moment. Unless we've signed bordy for his Clairvoyant skills he would never have been in a position to take that fight. Also noble and Lord are evenly matched, it's not like Lord was troubled by the fight or set upon by anyone.

E.D.S.

I prefer Lord as coach than as a player. I have absolutely nothing to base that on other than it's my preference. I don't like the player coach role I never have. He does a fantastic job on the ice and demonstrates incredible commitment (and ability) but I prefer a bench coach.

Rich Best

Jamie Elson made the coaching play that won us the game. Called timeout at exactly the right time, and set the team up in a clear tactical formation with 3 players in a triangle in front of the net with 2 on the flanks and 1 deep on the blue line. They were blocking longer range shots all night so this was spot on.

Why are we criticising him?

Rich Best

As for lordo - it is a dilemma, but most of the time I feel we are very lucky to have a player coach of his type. As a player he has been absolutely instrumental in our last 4 wins. He has led by example, bringing the high tempo ('the jump' as he calls it) and physicality. This is clearly what he has been coaching, but the benefit is that he has led by example in delivering it.

Had he been on the bench, he would have needed someone else to deliver this. Who? Who else have we got that can score 5 in 4, play with perhaps the highest energy and physically on the ice, and fight?!

So when we have the players all back fit I hope every one of them is told they need to bring their A game, high energy and physicality night in night out - or they will be replaced by a very capable lord.

How great is it to have a coach that has set a standard for the whole team?! Not just words, he has delivered a clear example of exactly the way he wants the team to play. Genius! A good situation to be in as a club IMO.

youngbob

Didn't Belfast play Coventry twice this weekend and once the previous weekend?
When they also won in the NIC?
You're right Finny - it's the Elite league tables that are wrong - AGAIN!

League table has Belfast played 7 games
Erhardt conference has Belfast played 7 games

Ok I'm going to break all the mounds here and agree with an Electro post as the points he makes are pretty much in line with my thoughts, I wish we had a Lord on the ice in our team, Pietrus is of that mold but seems off the boil at the moment.
For me, dare I say it on the Devils forum, Noble is a great asset to us, my logic is that he is Stewart's third glove, Stewart has a blocker, catcher and Noble who gets him out of many embarrassing moments, he's the best goalie in the league for moments, but will go out of position so often and Noble is there to cover. He also gets under the skin and draws penalties which would be great if our powerplay wasn't so shocking, but unlike Darryl Lloyd he doesn't expect someone else to take the backlash, but I can easily understand why he is disliked by the opposition, but that's a big part of why he's there!
Everybody hates Noble, but he plays the classic pest/agitator role perfectly! He really irritates opposition and makes some players think twice about planting themselves in front of Stewart's net. If Noble is there, it's likely you're gonna take a few Xchecks and god knows what else! I noticed Ulmer particularly avoiding Noble in front of the net in the 3rd period on Sunday.

I do often wonder if Noble gets tired of losing every fight though... I also don't care if he's effective at what he does, I still hate him. Noble and Stewart are the 2 most annoying players in the league.

bdevil

You're right Finny - it's the Elite league tables that are wrong - AGAIN!

League table has Belfast played 7 games
Erhardt conference has Belfast played 7 games
Surely that's correct since Belfast and Coventry are both in the Erhardt conference.
They've played Gardiner conference teams in challenge cup games which don't show up in the league table but haven't played any Gardiner conference teams in league games so their league games are equal to their Erhardt Conference games.

JT666

Looks like Lord is in the clear, no further calls for reviews according to DOPS;

http://eliteleague.co.uk/this-weeks-dops-reviews-2/?platform=hootsuite

It was about time someone stuck a few jabs on Noble, a prized prat who usually targets the skilled players. He wound Lord up no end and got his comeuppance.

Brilliant victory by the way, I was jumping around my living room when we scored our last two. Quality!

PS. On a separate note, does anyone know where to find this league table, looks like some kind of App. The main Elite League site is pretty poor, especially on mobile, but his looks a lot better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Simmsey/status/789918443898281985/photo/1

Finny

What's the 'unspoken issue'?

'Chinese whispers' 'too much hands on in the past'?

What are you trying to say?

They must be pretty loud Chinese whispers for someone who doesn't go to games to hear them.
The fact that almost our whole team re-signed this summer would also suggest otherwise.

KaneDevils

They must be pretty loud Chinese whispers for someone who doesn't go to games to hear them.
The fact that almost our whole team re-signed this summer would also suggest otherwise.
Another sly dig. You may just need a new spade for Christmas! Do you have to attend games to know something a know it all might not have heard about? Perish the thought. o_O

youngbob

Surely that's correct since Belfast and Coventry are both in the Erhardt conference.
They've played Gardiner conference teams in challenge cup games which don't show up in the league table but haven't played any Gardiner conference teams in league games so their league games are equal to their Erhardt Conference games.
I give up - that means I was right first time round, Finny and I are confusing each other !

Which comes back to the original point, Belfast are 4th in the league, but haven't yet played any Gardiner conference teams (in the league)
My guess is they'll start to climb the league when they do

I give up - that means I was right first time round, Finny and I are confusing each other !

Which comes back to the original point, Belfast are 4th in the league, but haven't yet played any Gardiner conference teams (in the league)
My guess is they'll start to climb the league when they do

I don't see that much disparity between the two conferences this season.