Blaze v Devils - 23/10 @ 17:15 - CCup - Chat/Updates

"Our coaching set up is woefully inadequate compared to the likes of Sheffield, Belfast and Nottingham. The days of the player coach in this league are coming to an end, certainly for any team that wants to win silverware. Lord isn't doing either particularly well at the moment and he needs to take up the coaching reigns full time now and bring his playing career to an end. I'd rather him be behind the bench even if we're playing an import short. Even with him behind the bench, he needs a far more experienced coach alongside him than Jamie Elson. It's clear we need an experienced assistant to help Lord out. I also think the players need their space in the dressing room from their coach. It's not always easy to relax and have banter when your boss is in the room. There needs to be a healthy distance between players and coaches"

Just saying.....maybe give the team a few weeks to bed in?

Clearly woefully inadequate.

Wow left that one late, from following mnl it doesn't sound like a very eventful game apart from the fight and last 2 minutes, well done guys, valuable CC points

Not at all, l take no pleasure in a loss. My criticism is of improvement. Having said that Coventry have lesser players that still manage to make our team struggle, that's still a concern, win or no win. Make no mistake, the season is early days, how much is left in the tank, we'll see, that goes for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes.....and we have won 4 games in a row. You also seem to take no pleasure in a win or two. Enjoy the wins Electro. It is what fans do!

Wannabe2

Well we got out of jail there, but good teams learn how to win when they ain't playing great, lordo's refereeing decision was outrageous, and surely put us on the back foot. However it ain't over till it's over, well played my Beauties our never give up attitude is what it's all about. After 30 yrs of watching my beautiful team you still keep me on the edge of my sofa, one minute a heart attack job, the next pure ecstasy. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

august04

"Our coaching set up is woefully inadequate compared to the likes of Sheffield, Belfast and Nottingham. The days of the player coach in this league are coming to an end, certainly for any team that wants to win silverware. Lord isn't doing either particularly well at the moment and he needs to take up the coaching reigns full time now and bring his playing career to an end. I'd rather him be behind the bench even if we're playing an import short. Even with him behind the bench, he needs a far more experienced coach alongside him than Jamie Elson. It's clear we need an experienced assistant to help Lord out. I also think the players need their space in the dressing room from their coach. It's not always easy to relax and have banter when your boss is in the room. There needs to be a healthy distance between players and coaches"

Just saying.....maybe give the team a few weeks to bed in?

Clearly woefully inadequate.
At that time, we weren't putting in the performances at home and quite rightly the team were criticised. That came from many fans and I think you'll find people higher up the food chain too. And guess what, the team have responded to that criticism after the Sheffield home game and probably listened to the likes of Lord, Kelman and King though rather than what I or anybody else on here said to be frank. I still stand by my coaching comments and I think the days of a player coach are coming to an end. It's too much for one man and I do think he still needs a more experienced No2 with him on the bench. That said, Lord has played well of late on the Ulmer - Bentivoglio line, so all credit to him for that. I say it as I see it. We all have different opinions and wouldn't it be a boring forum if people wore rose tinted specs all the time? Trawl through the rest of my posts (if that gives you your kicks!), you'll find plenty of praise for the Devils from me. You'll also see criticism when I think it's warranted. If you don't like the criticism, don't read it!!
I'm glad you remembered my comments though. I have to say I can't recall one of your past posts.

Finny

I'm absolutely delighted with the win. We were by far the dominant team from start to finish and it would have been a travesty if we'd left the Chavdome with no points tonight.

The Blaze deserved a point though for their effort after two nights in Belfast. They worked really hard to limit our clear cut chances and Stewart was his usual self, stopping everything he could see and some that he didn't.

Watching Lord give Noble the pasting he has long deserved was worth the £8 for the webcast alone. I too was starting to accept that we were all but out of the CC but in those final minutes we got what we deserved.

We still need to work out a way to beat the Blaze as comfortably as our play is dominant, but in the end we got the two points we needed.

Not at all, l take no pleasure in a loss. My criticism is of improvement. Having said that Coventry have lesser players that still manage to make our team struggle, that's still a concern, win or no win. Make no mistake, the season is early days, how much is left in the tank, we'll see, that goes for everyone.

there been times when we were in the bbt and we had few players than the other teams and we still pulled out a win, just cause you dont have a full roster is no given that you would lose

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #32
Can we get back to comments about the actual game please...

Because that's too hard for some people to manage, all replies after this not about the game have been deleted.

Last edited:

august04

I didn't need to trawl.......unfortunately it was memorable. As for your posts giving me "kicks"......sorry to disappoint. I find most of them a little sad and what appears be a reflection on you.
So you did look through most of them?! I think I have a stalker!
Back to the game, great 2 points tonight!

Brilliant result tonight.......great work by the Coach, Players, backroom staff and fans. Four wins on the bounce...
.....what is not to like?

E.D.S.

Yes...very happy with the win. Go figure.......So on that basis I assume you are not happy with it?
Can't you guys get a room or PM each other?

Tough game tonight... thought the guys worked their nuts off on the boards, gaining some really good zone time but the quality just wasn't their in the end. Haddad again was superb.
Powerplays were so frustrating. They just didn't click.
Great win though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electro

Great stream tonight, as other away nights also, credit where it's due, great value for money, £8 gives the family a cracking night of entertainment.

Slartibartfast

Due to Lord being thrown out of the game he could not be on the bench so Elson called a time out and a minute later we scoreds o hes doing something right.
To be honest with the Blaze blocking every shooting lane and Stewart stopping everything thrown at him , I thought we would need a miracle to score. But thats why we have Joey Martin and Andrew Hotham.

Slartibartfast

Great stream tonight, as other away nights also, credit where it's due, great value for money, £8 gives the family a cracking night of entertainment.

The Blaze commentary is great also. These guys are very impartial and seem to be admirers of the Devils. (which is understandable of course)