Bit of a difference

august04 2.0

I hadn't heard the rumour about him and Skalde.

But IF it is true, then that's a big reason for him not to stay, regardless of whether we believe Cardiff to be the best city etc.
Exactly, I have no clue if this rumour is true or not but if it is, I’d be surprised if he's still with us next year. In most sports, if that happens it’s the player not the coach who walks. Hopefully, it’s a load of tosh and he’s here for at least another year.

Rempel16

Exactly, I have no clue if this rumour is true or not but if it is, I’d be surprised if he's still with us next year. In most sports, if that happens it’s the player not the coach who walks. Hopefully, it’s a load of tosh and he’s here for at least another year.
I really hope it's rubbish and Mac is happy and signed up.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #45
But what’s the obsession with Sheffield taking our players, they wanted Voth, they wanted Martin, Fournier, Hotham, Haddad, Bowns, Uncle Tom cobbly and all, and no one went wonder why. It ain’t rocket science.

Mazzoak

Cardiff is where l currently live, it’s ok, it’s not the best city in the UK, def not in the world. Not that matters to professional workers, what brings them tends to be financial & opportunities. Although everyone is different, maybe Roath Park and the Bay can compete with Canadian lakes for some. I’d be surprised if Nottingham & Belfast haven’t been considering Mac, everyone has a price, what I’ve heard is he’s happy to continue in Cardiff, although I’m sure his worth has grown and next yrs wages will need to be negotiated.....

moggy#9

Cardiff is where l currently live, it’s ok, it’s not the best city in the UK, def not in the world. Not that matters to professional workers, what brings them tends to be financial & opportunities. Although everyone is different, maybe Roath Park and the Bay can compete with Canadian lakes for some. I’d be surprised if Nottingham & Belfast haven’t been considering Mac, everyone has a price, what I’ve heard is he’s happy to continue in Cardiff, although I’m sure his worth has grown and next yrs wages will need to be negotiated.....
I'm sure there are arguments to be had about the best city in three UK. I can say with some certainty though that it's not Sheffield. The place is an utter dump.

jenks33

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Carruth ended up in Sheffield. Him and Mosey aren’t just mates they’re clearly very, very close. Mosey was his best man right? And if the rumours about Skalde and Carruth not getting on are true (I suspect they probably aren’t) then it wouldn’t be a surprise if he goes there.
And I definitely think Aaron Fox would be interested. Sheffield’s recent history with goalies is a bit of a car crash so Carruth would be an outstanding signing for them. Since Frank Doyle in 14/15 they’ve tried Plante, Mustukovs (good first spell, poor second spell), Pinc, Whistle, Climie, Duba, Brust, Stojanovic. To be fair one or two of those signed during the season but I wouldn’t say any of those goalies had great spells at the club.

Swarley

I don't put any truth in what I've heard from others about the situation, it could be absolute bull crap it could also be true, I like Mac and would love for him to stay on with us because he gives the club a much needed character boost.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #59
If Devils got ambitions to win trophys then Carruth needs to be signed top priority...then sort the D out ...
But he is signed what you on about, one minute you say contracts don’t mean anything,but then you say he should be signed now. Which one is it.????

I'm hoping that it won't be too long before we get some clarity on next season's roster rules. Hopefully we'll see the back off the hated 19 player rule and some changes to the two way player rules.
How many teams in this league do people reckon are the owner‘s prime source of income or cannot afford for any kind of loss? I think that will drive rosters and rules perhaps.