Bit of a difference

Mooney#16

Worth remembering Devils won two league titles back to back and then lost one to the Giants. Devils response was to go out and steal Giants captain and sit top of the standings until Covid kicked in. Could be argued they would have won the title back. Not the actions of a ownership/management that like to play second fiddle to anyone. Think you can quite confidently say there will be a reaction from Devils this summer.

BostonBart22

But he is signed what you on about, one minute you say contracts don’t mean anything,but then you say he should be signed now. Which one is it.????
2 yr deals mean jack shit if Sheffield want him after playoffs they will get him.if it wasn't for mac we could well be 4th or 5th with the games he won single handed ..any proof he signed on a 2 yr deal..?

Mazzoak

How many teams in this league do people reckon are the owner‘s prime source of income or cannot afford for any kind of loss? I think that will drive rosters and rules perhaps.
None, it’s their hobby, clever rich people remain rich because they generate income from their indulgences. Whether that be watches, cars, property etc, we just pay for us & them to watch.

ASHIPP

Mac is too good for this league, let alone Sheffield. Surely if he is going anywhere, it's to a lucrative deal with a European team?
Belfast have all but won the League (along with CC) using the tandem of Beskorowany and Whistle. Why would they look elsewhere?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #68
2 yr deals mean jack shit if Sheffield want him after playoffs they will get him.if it wasn't for mac we could well be 4th or 5th with the games he won single handed ..any proof he signed on a 2 yr deal..?
Any proof that if Steelers want Carruth they will get him.

kingmo19.1

Spekulashun !!!!!

If he goes he goes and if he does then I don’t care - give Kozan a decent run of games next season as he could become a very good netminder given the opportunity.

august04 2.0

Some players, including Carruth, may be on 2 year deals, I have no idea. But I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a get out option for both parties at the end of year 1. It just seems madness not to have that kind of clause on any 2 year deal, for an EIHL team, especially coming off the Covid year. You never know though! Whether it’s Sheffield or not doesn’t really matter to me, I’d be gutted to see Carruth leave to anyone.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #75
Ellerby with the Steelers goal, Storm not really offering any opposition so far, Sointu with a shot of the crossbar, 2nd period just started.