Bit of a difference

kettdevil1

Sheffield, if they had a decent netminding tandem, would have been difficult to stop. Brust is the most over rated goalie I have seen in a long time.
Not sure if he is overrated? Even Sheffield fans appear lukewarm about him. Rok is solid but not in Carruth's league. I would agree that this has been the weakest area by far

Swarley

Not sure if he is overrated? Even Sheffield fans appear lukewarm about him. Rok is solid but not in Carruth's league. I would agree that this has been the weakest area by far
They'll sort that when carruth goes to Sheffield next season, been hearing it a lot that he's Sheffield bound next season as he doesn't get on with skalde apparently

Mazzoak

They'll sort that when carruth goes to Sheffield next season, been hearing it a lot that he's Sheffield bound next season as he doesn't get on with skalde apparently
If that’s the case we won’t be seeing silverware in Cardiff for a while, not without seriously spending on quality goal scorers and defending.

moggy#9

That's a fair point. I meant over rated in terms of the way they talked about him preseason. I'm sure I remember comments about him going to be the best goalie in the league. In reality he's not even been in the top 10 goalies in terms off save percentage. I suspect the only place he's led the league is in terms of number one in the queue for the hot dog stand.

Swarley

If that’s the case we won’t be seeing silverware in Cardiff for a while, not without seriously spending on quality goal scorers and defending.
If Mac does head to Sheffield I could see skalde recruiting another quality goalie as he is the one who brought Mac in I believe, if he stays good if he goes fair enough but he won't see a single twix from Sheffield fans lol

jenks33

If Mac does head to Sheffield I could see skalde recruiting another quality goalie as he is the one who brought Mac in I believe, if he stays good if he goes fair enough but he won't see a single twix from Sheffield fans lol
Yeah I tend to agree with you. It would be disappointing to lose Carruth but I’d trust us to bring in another good goalie.

Devil94

2 year deal I think, pretty sure most of ours got a 2 year deal with the exception of Coughler, Brandt, McNulty.

That's me guessing btw, I reckon by June we'll start finding out more
I wouldn't have thought so. With the exception of the Brits that are on multi year deals, and perhaps one or two imports, but I don't think we would have offered a brand new team all 2 year deals.

Swarley

I wouldn't have thought so. With the exception of the Brits that are on multi year deals, and perhaps one or two imports, but I don't think we would have offered a brand new team all 2 year deals.
I thought it was standard 2 year deals for imports with a get out clause if they don't work out or get an offer from another club, I'm probably wrong lol as I said before though I think come June we will know who is staying and who isn't.

moggy#9

I'm hoping that it won't be too long before we get some clarity on next season's roster rules. Hopefully we'll see the back off the hated 19 player rule and some changes to the two way player rules.

kingmo19.1

I thought it was standard 2 year deals for imports with a get out clause if they don't work out or get an offer from another club, I'm probably wrong lol as I said before though I think come June we will know who is staying and who isn't.
Very few imports get a 2 year deal. The ones that do is normally based on the completion of a very good prior EIHL season. I can’t think of a brand new import who was signed on a 2 year deal.

99% of the time it’s a 1 year (season) deal with a 2 week notice period (either way).

Rempel16

Very few imports get a 2 year deal. The ones that do is normally based on the completion of a very good prior EIHL season. I can’t think of a brand new import who was signed on a 2 year deal.

99% of the time it’s a 1 year (season) deal with a 2 week notice period (either way).
Usually 2 year deals have been the university places.

I can't remember seeing anywhere whether the coach was on a multi-year deal though.

moggy#9

Usually 2 year deals have been the university places.

I can't remember seeing anywhere whether the coach was on a multi-year deal though.
I remember when he was recruited one of the things Todd mentioned is that they were looking for someone who would commit long term. I don't think they'd want to go through that recruitment process again any time soon.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #38
Why wouldn’t he, Sheffield is a dump, they won’t win anything this year, fox is a dick, and we have the best organisation in the league, in the best city, with the best fans. Think he will be here for more than 1 more season.

Rempel16

Why wouldn’t he, Sheffield is a dump, they won’t win anything this year, fox is a dick, and we have the best organisation in the league, in the best city, with the best fans. Think he will be here for more than 1 more season.
I hadn't heard the rumour about him and Skalde.

But IF it is true, then that's a big reason for him not to stay, regardless of whether we believe Cardiff to be the best city etc.