Bench coach/Franny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #21
Jimmy Snels,
The post i put up is not insulting, I have been following the Devils since the 1980s and what I suggested was it could help the devils if we had a more experienced head coach on the bench.
We must also think of all the paying fans that pay hard earned money to watch this great team and we all want them to win trophy's but I cannot see that. In the future I do agree that Lord would make a perfect head bench coach with all his knowledge of the game.
Sorry if my post has upset any fans !

Milky

paulsasha said:
Jimmy Snels,
The post i put up is not insulting, I have been following the Devils since the 1980s and what I suggested was it could help the devils if we had a more experienced head coach on the bench.
We must also think of all the paying fans that pay hard earned money to watch this great team and we all want them to win trophy's but I cannot see that. In the future I do agree that Lord would make a perfect head bench coach with all his knowledge of the game.
His post related to the people who wrote 'stupid post' not yours.

Is this thread for real? Franny works harder than probably any other club employee, with the possible exception of Todd. He's the second most experienced bench coach in the league atm, and certainly knows his stuff. His recruitment skills are second to none. I think our little slump is more to do with the players being totally exhausted, it just doesn't seem to be happening for us at the moment. Unjustified criticism of franny isn't the answer, we just need a bit of luck and a second wind.
Ps. I may be wrong on this, but I'm sure I heard that Jamie Elson is on the bench as he is the one with the coaching qualifications, which are a requirement? Can anyone shed some more light on this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

august04

For the run in, I'd be moving away from too much coaching and this video analysis that we hear Lord is so keen on. How many times in interviews of late has he mentioned players overthinking? Often the best way out of a slump is to just let the players play and don't over complicate things. Free their minds, let them get on with it and go for it.

mazza03

mp43 said:
Is this thread for real? Franny works harder than probably any other club employee, with the possible exception of Todd. He's the second most experienced bench coach in the league atm, and certainly knows his stuff. His recruitment skills are second to none. I think our little slump is more to do with the players being totally exhausted, it just doesn't seem to be happening for us at the moment. Unjustified criticism of franny isn't the answer, we just need a bit of luck and a second wind.
Ps. I may be wrong on this, but I'm sure I heard that Jamie Elson is on the bench as he is the one with the coaching qualifications, which are a requirement? Can anyone shed some more light on this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Hallelujah sense talked......and this post should explain my "stupid post" post

Electro

I agree. The team potential isn't being managed as well as it could be.

It's not always about experience, but fresh ideas. We also seem to lack an ability to read and react to teams changing their strategy.

I also am not a great fan of the old boy network of recruitment. In my opinion Franny would be better spending time travelling and recruiting.

You need more than a team of guys with heart & passion. The crew of the Titanic all wanted that ship to be the best in the world. Look how that ended

Wannabe2

Electro said:
I agree. The team potential isn't being managed as well as it could be.

It's not always about experience, but fresh ideas. We also seem to lack an ability to read and react to teams changing their strategy.

I also am not a great fan of the old boy network of recruitment. In my opinion Franny would be better spending time travelling and recruiting.

You need more than a team of guys with heart & passion. The crew of the Titanic all wanted that ship to be the best in the world. Look how that ended
With all due respect to you, just exactly what do you know about Neil Francis, would be very interested to know that.???

Finny

jimmy snels said:
Milky that wasn't a dig at you i can assure you. It was at the insulting post previous. :)
How was it insulting? Mazza said the post was stupid. She didn't mention the poster at all.

If there are any insulting posts on this thread then it would have to be the first one. Effectively blaming Franny for our recent dip in form whilst giving him no credit for our CC win last season, our good runs earlier this season and the recent teams we recruited. Also worth pointing out that the year Franny left mid-season ended up with out worst finish ever.

And where would this 'more experienced' bench coach come from? And how are we defining 'experience' when Franny has played the second most games for the club and has been involved in every EIHL season.

I'm disappointed by this thread. I thought as a fanbase we were better than looking for scapegoats and someone to blame. If we were bottom of the table I can understand it but we finished runners-up for one trophy and are still in the running for the other 3.

Electro

I know nothing about Neil Francis.

However watching the team and how other teams have recently reacted to our plays indicates to me that we have an issue.

I know my sister very well, l haven't experienced her bedroom skills, but she's divorced thanks to her partner having an affair.

You don't to know or experience something to understand there is an issue.

It's only my observation and opinion. So relax.

jimmy snels

Finny said:
jimmy snels said:
Milky that wasn't a dig at you i can assure you. It was at the insulting post previous. :)
How was it insulting? Mazza said the post was stupid. She didn't mention the poster at all.

If there are any insulting posts on this thread then it would have to be the first one. Effectively blaming Franny for our recent dip in form whilst giving him no credit for our CC win last season, our good runs earlier this season and the recent teams we recruited. Also worth pointing out that the year Franny left mid-season ended up with out worst finish ever.

And where would this 'more experienced' bench coach come from? And how are we defining 'experience' when Franny has played the second most games for the club and has been involved in every EIHL season.

I'm disappointed by this thread. I thought as a fanbase we were better than looking for scapegoats and someone to blame. If we were bottom of the table I can understand it but we finished runners-up for one trophy and are still in the running for the other 3.
You love picking up on my posts hay finny! At least you came with an opinion this time though :lol: i think shooting down a poster with no reasoning is insulting and was unnecessary.

Wannabe2

Electro said:
I know nothing about Neil Francis.

However watching the team and how other teams have recently reacted to our plays indicates to me that we have an issue.

I know my sister very well, l haven't experienced her bedroom skills, but she's divorced thanks to her partner having an affair.

You don't to know or experience something to understand there is an issue.

It's only my observation and opinion. So relax.
Thanks bud that answers my question fully, by the way I am in the pub and feeling extremely relaxed thank you.

paulsasha said:
Jimmy Snels,
So you have followed the Devils since the 80's and yet you question if Francis has enough experience? He has a hell of a lot more experience of coaching than Lord does. So cut to the chase, you must be saying we could do better. I bet there are many bench coaches out there who could do better,at bench coaching.But and it's a big but would they work for the peanuts Franny does? Would they be able to sell the City to potential players as well as he does, do they have the connection with sponsors and schools that he does,do they know the in's and out's of work permits and visas? Would you be prepared to pay the extra money a top bench coach would cost and have a lesser standard import to cover it.Say what you like about Francis but as far as value for money goes I bet he takes some beating.

Electro

Wannabe.

When being critical of a person's performance you don't need to know the person or their history. Their present performance and how that could effect going forward in the future can be criticised without any "inner insight".

I have more concerns with regards Lordo. Changing his role l believe is crucial. He for me today brings more as a player than as a coach. In the future l have no doubt he could be one of the countries best coaches. As a player/coach l see difficulties that are now becoming apparent on the ice.

Mooney#16

Chuck Weber has the best coaching CV in the EIHL by some distance. Has he out coached the Devils coaching team. I wouldn't say so. The results have more or less been dictated by the talent on the ice.

The merits of each member of Devils staff can only be measured from within. No one is bigger than the club nor has any devine right to it. If they can be an asset and contribute then they stay. If they aren't they can go. Todd is as clued up and qualified as anyone to make that call though so him in possession of all the facts is as good a judge as I require.

Lordo and with Jamie and Franny appear to have done a good job this season and learnt lessons and developed but they also have an obvious learning curve to travel on that I think they have all earned the chance to travel with the Devils beyond this season.

Electro

I agree Todd is far more qualified than us on the Inferno and we are not previe to the inner sanctum.

But since this is a public forum raising a topic for discussion is kinda the whole point.

Take politics, we all moan/discuss/voice opinion on political matters and yet we are no more previe to the inner sanctum of Downing St as we are the Devils changing room, yet daily everyone from the media to 8 yr old have a discussion concerning the way Cameron may or may not ruin the country.

I see no difference or harm in this topic for discussion.

Thread starter #37
fried egg,
You haven't got a clue what you are talking about with regards to Franny,
I think a lot of the Devil fans would give up an import role to win silverware,I agree that Franny may be on a low wage but even when G was here we didn't win anything, so put your teddy back in your pram, every devil fan is entitled to put a post on this forum and going forward we want the best for this devils team ! :RAWK

Wannabe2

Paul you really are out of order referring to Franny like you have, he knows and loves this club more than you, me and the whole of the friggin universe. He is a god send to the Devils organisation, in fact if it wasn't for him we would still have that excuse for a owner that we had. Franny was responsible for us being where we are at, so please get a grip and realise how much we owe to this young man. Believe me without him we would still be up shitters creek. The

Ocko

Just to throw it out there; Coventry thought Weber was the second coming last year, paid big bucks for him, he certainly had the impressive CV - better than any other coach ever in this country. They put themselves right up there as championship contenders...

....Coventry are still crap.

Ocko

As I have posted previously we have no idea about what Franny does or more specifically how well he does it, on either side of the argument - good or bad. It isn't as easy as pointing the finger at Salters for not hitting enough or Doucet for not scoring. You are talking about a position where no one sees the work that goes in and often doesnt notice the fruits of either.

If you have an opinion either way it is probably a complete guess or a knee jerk to some bad results. The only ones who know how effective Franny is are TK, Lord, Jamie Elson and the players.

I trust in the decisions TK has made. He obviously backs Franny and knows an awful lot more than we do. That's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.