Ben Davies

Johnnybravo1927

I would currently choose him over Layne Ulmer in this squad. Ben Davies is an established elite league player, jury is still out on Layne Ulmer as far as I am concerned. he is trying hard there is no doubt about it but its not coming off for him. not sure he suits the physical element of elite league hockey after many years of euro hockey. Bentivoglio is making the transition well but dor me Ulmer still isnt

ASHIPP

Would love Ben to return but I'm guessing it will be Coventry.
Blaze have just announced on their o/s that Ben has signed for them. He'll get the ice-time there he wants.
Selby was sent to Swindon Wildcats a couple of days ago - it figures.

Finny

IMHO Ben blew it with us a few years ago, he left the "sinking ship" and I'll get flamed no doubt but if a player leaves when the going is tough......I know all the arguments, short career, physical game etc: etc: but.
I think you're being very harsh on him there Mazza. Our club wasn't sinking, it was sunk. At the time there was no indication there would be a team the following season.
He was offered the chance to experience life in Scotland and on good money. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to experience something new.

Should we be embarrassed that our team is full of players who left their hometown clubs to come here?

voth26

I think you're being very harsh on him there Mazza. Our club wasn't sinking, it was sunk. At the time there was no indication there would be a team the following season.
He was offered the chance to experience life in Scotland and on good money. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to experience something new.

Should we be embarrassed that our team is full of players who left their hometown clubs to come here?
Well if we are embarrassed so will the whole league then, as without the countless imports there wouldn't be any EIHL!!

Ejercito Rojas

IMHO Ben blew it with us a few years ago, he left the "sinking ship" and I'll get flamed no doubt but if a player leaves when the going is tough......I know all the arguments, short career, physical game etc: etc: but.
I agree with Mazza to a certain extent, however, my reason for not being bothered about signing Davies was more to do with his perceived attitude after he left the club midway through the 2010/11 season.
The word coming out of the club then was he was unhappy with his limited ice time but Gerald Adams couldn't guarantee what he wanted as Sam Smith was having his 'breakout' year and so many other Devils players were having a 'career year'.
He subsequently left to drop down to play for the Bison. The club were reportedly disappointed with his attitude as they thought that as a teenager he would be better served to learn his trade from training, playing and being
around players like Weller, Macrea and Matzka etc.
All water under the bridge now but I still think that maybe, Ben thinks he is better than he actually is!
Sometimes you gotta take 'attitude over aptitude ' and you can fault the attitude of CJ and Piggott.