Blaze v Devils - 23/10 @ 17:15 - CCup - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Final CC game against the Blaze, and we really, really need to win this one to hope we qualify for the next stage! With the way the points stand at the moment it's between us and Blaze as to who doesn't qualify... :S

Blaze have a webcast available for this game @ http://www.cleancutsports.com/index.php/live-webcasts and they can be contacted on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/CovBlazeLive

We'll *hopefully* be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

We're absolutely desperate for some Devils fans who might be making their way up to this one; so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Final CC game against the Blaze, and we really, really need to win this one to hope we qualify for the next stage! With the way the points stand at the moment it's between us and Blaze as to who doesn't qualify... :S

Blaze have a webcast available for this game @ http://www.cleancutsports.com/index.php/live-webcasts and they can be contacted on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/CovBlazeLive

We'll *hopefully* be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

We're absolutely desperate for some Devils fans who might be making their way up to this one; so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

E.D.S.

Blaze have had a tough couple of games looking at the highlights last night. It got a bit tasty as well. Klotz took a convincing win against Nickerson. Fair play to him he can really handle himself. Hopefully this has worn them out a bit (or fired them up!). Win for the Devils.

MNL: are still looking for texters for this game, if you can hlp us out please get in touch 07527 625206. Its very important that we do not over burden the small nuimber of regular texters so why not join us, its fun and rewarding especially covering away games OJ

ASHIPP

Hoping the Devils can turn on their disciplined, simple, effective away game formula tonight to keep our CC qualification hopes alive.

2 crucial points needed - statistically this is a must-win.

Finny

Could be a case of winner takes all in terms of Challenge Cup qualification. Whilst it would still be possible for either side after a loss it would be very very difficult.

Rich Best

Huge game tonight, can't wait! I have a feeling it could be a feisty affair. As much as I would like to see bordy give it to klotz, I think it is a trade down. Stewart will send klotz out looking for it if he has any sense. Be interesting to see if bordy is keen to fight or tries to refuse. Klotz may not give him a choice.

If we do the simple things right and play with high energy we should win this one, but we need to be UP for this. Blaze on their 3rd game in 3 days and having travelled back from Belfast must give us an advantage.

Perhaps our biggest test so far this season, so it will be interesting to see how we come out and whether we can find out A game in a must win situation. This will tell us something about the players we have and how they are going to perform when it really matters.

Wannabe2

Klotz had the edge in last nights fight with Nickerson, think it will be feisty tonight, we can take this if we play as we can. Wonder if there could be a ban coming up on Matthieu Roy for his slash on a Flyers player last night, any views please.

KaneDevils

Bordy and klotz is done and dusted for now, not unless something else happens to kick it off again. You saw the respect after the game at IAW.

Rich Best

I think fighting is a lot more than personal vendetta's. Fighting at the right time and with the right person gives your team a lift. Klotz putting in a good performance against bordy in front of home crowd, and taking bordy out of the game for 5 minutes would arguably be in Coventry's favour.

Last edited:

KaneDevils

Yes, a fight can spur a team on. It can have the opposite effect too. The original post made it sound like it was virtually a done deal. I'd be amazed if Bordy and klotz go at it. Not unless something happens to spark it. Also, has bordy's hand Injury healed?

Electro

Lord battered Noble should do the trick, I'm not one for all out violence as a sport, but in this case, yeah l feel like a vegan who's just enjoyed a bacon Buttie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slartibartfast

With one minute to go I was expecting a loss. I was going to post that I was not going to criticise the loss because the effort that every player put in was second to none. Then the Devils got what they so deserved an equalising goal and a victory. Great performance from the whole team and from Murdy in net. But you also have to acknowledge the effort put in by Blaze and another great performance from Stewart. The Devils are the better team but the Blaze gave it 100% to make it an amazing game to watch.

At 59 mins I was waiting for the Electro-August backlash!

Hmmmmm......4 on the bounce. Damn!

Still waiting for the doom in the face of 4 wins on the bounce.

august04

At 59 mins I was waiting for the Electro-August backlash!

Hmmmmm......4 on the bounce. Damn!

Still waiting for the doom in the face of 4 wins on the bounce.
What?! No backlash from me if the Devils put the effort in, no problem losing if that's the case.
Didn't see the game but that's a gutsy win under real pressure.

Electro

Not at all, l take no pleasure in a loss. My criticism is of improvement. Having said that Coventry have lesser players that still manage to make our team struggle, that's still a concern, win or no win. Make no mistake, the season is early days, how much is left in the tank, we'll see, that goes for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk