4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.

d20

I know some will find the change hard but I cant see the difference going between 4.00 or 6.00 as a hockey fan you are pretty much free that day as you know there is a game on unless you work on the sunday !!

As I've said for families it is better and I'm glad the club have thought of this I have 4 season tickets and from my point of view and a families point of view this is perfect as especially sunday games as for me it is a rush once the game is finished even more so on a sunday if the game goes to OT or penalties it then makes the night longer and then makes it later getting the kids home to bed for school the next day,whether it gets changed I would hope the club think of the families as if you don't have any kids its not that bad a deal for you to go home late on a sundays for others it is .

I agree with d20. The more Saturday games the better in my view. With the times, it’s unfortunately an inevitability that you won’t please everyone. There’s going to be those that face difficulties with the new times, but on the flip side this will help more families attend. Having said that, times don’t affect me personally so I do feel a little removed but can understand people’s disappointment.
Absolutely great news regarding the before and after games events. Can’t wait now!

Skippy

d20 said:
I know some will find the change hard but I cant see the difference going between 4.00 or 6.00 as a hockey fan you are pretty much free that day as you know there is a game on unless you work on the sunday !!

As I've said for families it is better and I'm glad the club have thought of this I have 4 season tickets and from my point of view and a families point of view this is perfect as especially sunday games as for me it is a rush once the game is finished even more so on a sunday if the game goes to OT or penalties it then makes the night longer and then makes it later getting the kids home to bed for school the next day,whether it gets changed I would hope the club think of the families as if you don't have any kids its not that bad a deal for you to go home late on a sundays for others it is .
The difference is two hours.

If your in work on a Sunday your probably still there at four.. that's the difference.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

davew

Yikes!
An earlier face off on a Saturday perhaps. But defo not in favour for 4pm on a Sunday.

Sunday night is hockey night.

Unhappy and dussapointed.

d20

skippy said:
d20 said:

The difference is two hours.

If your in work on a Sunday your probably still there at four.. that's the difference.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
my post did say unless you were in work which I can understand but if you are not then its not really that much of a difference as you would be going anyway plus it gives more time to do things after as the club have though about it .

august04

If the Devils want to go 4pm, so be it. But at least make the change known before season tickets go on sale so that people can make an informed decision about whether to commit to a season ticket or not. People work on Sundays, so this will impact many. It isn't right to announce this fundamental change after most people will have bought their season tickets.

d20

I'm happy as a family man

More Saturdays ,earlier times all better for me .

I know some wont be happy but last year families got on with it with the sundays times and this year it benefits them,cant please everyone . :p

bdevil

I understand that earlier times suit families better but families who bought season tickets for the coming season did so expecting 6pm face off times on a Sunday.

The main issue is, the earlier time makes it impossible for some to attend games where as the later time is only slightly less convenient for some.

As someone mentioned previously, maybe 5pm is a happy medium.

jimmy snels

I work sundays and i might as well ask for a refund on my ticket for a 4pm faceoff. I've been on the whole mightily impressed with the new groups take over and engagement of the fans. But this is bullshit. We all bought our tickets assuming 50/50 split saturday/sunday (saturday suits me much more personally) and face offs of 7 on sat, 6 on sunday.

Earnie

We were already divided on this one. Some preferred mainly Sunday and some preferred mainly Saturday. The mainly Sunday I think was winning.
As for IAW starting at 4pm I am not sure. It obviously works at Nottingham.
May the best way is if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

I personally would settle half way at 5 pm on Sunday's at IAW

Nrm

In my current situation it is not much issue but in the past and possible future I had to work until 4 on Sundays. If anything the Saturday should be changed as that was and always has been the later finish of the two.

But I think there may be something else behind this that has not been said...why only when the new rink is open? And not from September?

d20

Nrm said:
In my current situation it is not much issue but in the past and possible future I had to work until 4 on Sundays. If anything the Saturday should be changed as that was and always has been the later finish of the two.

But I think there may be something else behind this that has not been said...why only when the new rink is open? And not from September?
because as Todd said they have a chance to do things in the new rink before and after the games for the fans i.e like the player signing last year which was late they can do things like this and still have time ,all being done for the fans so I don't think people should have a go.

august04

I would have thought 5.30 might be a more sensible compromise. That would hopefully give people who work until 4pm on a Sunday, enough time to make the game. Games would then finish at around 7.45-8.00, which I think is better for families who want to get their kids home a little earlier.

Nrm

d20 said:
Nrm said:

because as Todd said they have a chance to do things in the new rink before and after the games for the fans i.e like the player signing last year which was late they can do things like this and still have time ,all being done for the fans so I don't think people should have a go.
Well leave it to 2016-17 and ask season ticket holders beforehand

ASHIPP

Think I will have no option but to ask for a refund after years of being a season ticket holder. I work most Sundays and will definitely miss all the Sunday games this season.

Very very angry.about this..why or why didnt they notify fans before allowing them to pay out for season tickets. I paid in full already.

A 4pm face-off for Sundays would also mean that volunteers need to be at the arena at approximately 2pm, so this wipes out a significant part of the day and means lunch is much more rushed.

I can appreciate the aims in bringing the time forward but a leap of two hours is pretty extreme. I think a 5pm or 5.30pm face-off would be a good compromise. Yes, we want to attract families with children, but we should not alienate long-term fans (many being season ticket holders) and effectively exclude them from Sunday games because they simply can't make it to the game due to work commitments.

I also wonder whether a 4pm start time might negatively impact on the team - if they are on the road on Saturday there is a shorter period of time for sleep, preparation etc for the Sunday game. Those extra 2 hours could be precious to them. I wouldn't say so much if we were situated somewhere reasonably central, like Nottingham, as all venues are that much easier to get to. In Cardiff we are stuck out on a limb, being the most southerly of the teams in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.