4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to try a 4pm FO in the new arena then surely common-sense will prevail, start it the following season when all season tickets holders will be aware of what they are purchasing.

Not happy with a 4pm face off - for some it means that they now cannot make it due to work.

I actually think this 4pm is detrimental to the "family" life - many Hockey fans visit their non-hockey families on a Sunday etc - this now means that people have to consider going to the hockey and getting organised at about 2pm or so. This really does remove Sunday afternoons to do things.

As already mentioned, surely clashing with other sports could have a detrimental effect on walk up fans.

I have always loved the Sunday evening hockey - it is the best way to end the weekend, so personally for me I really hope that stick to the 6pm time slot. For others, sticking to the 6pm time slot will mean actually being able to keep their Season Ticket...

BostonBart22

another thing to consider is nightshift workers who work saturday nights, bit of a rush to get up a lot earlier on a sunday and get to the new rink in time for 4pm f.o. ...5pm or 6pm for me please...

Sliput

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Wannabe2 said:
Gutted I am going to cancel my three seats.
What a situation for the club to be in, when the Chairman of SORAC after campaigning for this new arena since 2005 will be a victim of that success and no loger able to make Sunday games in the new arena, I know he already misses some Saturdays from his st due to work commitments but still pays for the tickets.

This could be the new regimes first major PR blunder
The Devils are a business !! Yes, keeping the old fans is always a good move but attracting new fans is essential.

I honestly dont think FO times will change this season but next will be a different matter.

Ocko said:
Although people are obviously Albert annoyed at now being consulted prior to the tickets, and rightly so to an extent. Castle by aside personal preference what's people's opinions on whether this is better for the future of the club?

IMO it's better for the marketability of the club. It's a tough gig to try and sell a late rainy Sunday night (which inevitably most are thought the season) that it is to sell a Sunday afternoon. Add in the family equation where a 1800-1830 finish is within almost all parents tolerance of their children being out late.

From what Todd said Nottingham were able to see increases, there is no reason why we shouldn't. If it's in the interests of the club surely that's a good thing right?
Absolutely, it's about the success and sustainability of the club going forward. And if that means more games on a Saturday or early FO's on a Sunday then so be it. Personally I prefer Sunday games but if the club needs to change to Saturday to get the money in the till, and please don't forget that Steve King has said he isn't in this to make money, the more money the club brings in, the more money available to spend on higher quality players, then I for one will be happy to compromise!

Pleximan

Wannabe2 said:
What a situation for the club to be in, when the Chairman of SORAC after campaigning for this new arena since 2005 will be a victim of that success and no loger able to make Sunday games in the new arena, I know he already misses some Saturdays from his st due to work commitments but still pays for the tickets.

What situation?? I don't see it.

Pleximan

Dwoods said:
Not happy with a 4pm face off - for some it means that they now cannot make it due to work.

I actually think this 4pm is detrimental to the "family" life - many Hockey fans visit their non-hockey families on a Sunday etc - this now means that people have to consider going to the hockey and getting organised at about 2pm or so. This really does remove Sunday afternoons to do things.

As already mentioned, surely clashing with other sports could have a detrimental effect on walk up fans.

I have always loved the Sunday evening hockey - it is the best way to end the weekend, so personally for me I really hope that stick to the 6pm time slot. For others, sticking to the 6pm time slot will mean actually being able to keep their Season Ticket...

Go see the family Sunday evening?

d20

Rempel16 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Cancelling three full season tickets because of 6 home games that may or may not be 4pm face offs? What about the other 24 home games???

Perhaps the club will look to compensate those that are inconvenienced by those 6 games if they signed up expecting a 6pm face off time.
think some need to get this ,6 games is not a lot ,let the club try out what they want to do in the new rink it may work ,if not I'm sure they will change it next year.

I have read comments on twitter and on here and some people who dont want the change for whatever reason work etc seem a little selfish on the family issue, any amount of earlier time for a family is a help ,I took my boys on sundays and missed some games because of school and when games finish late due to OT or pens sometimes my boys arent in bed till 9.30-10.00 before a school night plus I am also in work at 6 am so early FO suit me, but I would also like to see what the club can do with regards the things they want to do before and after games .

For the sake of 6 games I think some people are overreactiong in regard to cancelling season tickets ,if you dont work on those days ,what is your reason to not want an earlier start,

Pleximan said:
Wannabe2 said:

What situation?? I don't see it.
Ths situation where the main campaigner who has unselfishly used his own time over a number of years can no longer go to see his team in the new arena but thats ok because it suits you, as I have said previously it wont affect me either way and I am not adverse to changes but to some these changes will affect their whole Devils experience and they should have been informed before forking out for season tickets

James

Administrator
It's unfortunate for Glynne but that doesn't make it a situation for the club. I agree that it should have been made known before the season tickets went out. I doubt it was a consideration at that juncture though. The club have issued a statement saying they will look into it very quickly. Not sure what else they could do to be honest.

ASHIPP

Btw Panthers are the only Club with a 4pm Sunday face-off. All the other clubs have face-off times at 5pm earliest or later. Imagine the journey Dundee will have to get to Cardiff for a 4pm face-off ! Wonder what happens if the Scottish teams are late?

As for appealing to more families, many familiea go out for meals , do other stuff or stay at home on Sunday. Surely much more likelihood of attracting people to a later faceoff on a Su.day when they might be free....rather than interupting a family outing or activity midafternoon?
Yes it may be old fashioned to say it but Sunday night has ALWAYS been Hockey Night in Cardiff. Most of the angry fans who are posting on this thread will tell you that...people who have followed the team and invested in the Club for a long time.

Not adverse to change at all but to move face-off forward by two hours is simply going to make it physically impossible for many fans to get to the game to see our fantasic team, to experience the facilities of our new home and enjoy the sport we love so much.

Just throwing this out there, we all know that live hockey is the best but if someone is working they don't have the webcast option whereas families who are worried about school next day etc have that option. The option for wannabe is NO live hockey either at the rink or via webcast so no choice for some people and all the choice for others.

I also realise that some who travel quite a way for home games with their children will benefit from the earlier face off. The team however may lose out on some rest if they have travelled after playing in Scotland the previous evening

James said:
It's unfortunate for Glynne but that doesn't make it a situation for the club. I agree that it should have been made known before the season tickets went out. I doubt it was a consideration at that juncture though. The club have issued a statement saying they will look into it very quickly. Not sure what else they could do to be honest.

As it will possibly be for you James, as you said the club have issued a statement but one way or another someone is going to be unhappy now, the pro 4 o'clockers if they go back on it and the pro 6 o clockers if they don't.

The club have handled any issues very well so far and I understand that we dont need to know everything but I think this is something the paying fan should have been informed about

Going forward as a club this needs to happen! we have to remember all them extra seats need to be filled in the new rink the club needs to attract as many new faces as possible yes it's tough and some may say harsh but imo it's the right move and yes I am a season ticket holder! And people saying they are going to cancel season tickets over 6 games silly!!

ASHIPP

Devils91! said:
Going forward as a club this needs to happen! we have to remember all them extra seats need to be filled in the new rink the club needs to attract as many new faces as possible yes it's tough and some may say harsh but imo it's the right move and yes I am a season ticket holder! And people saying they are going to cancel season tickets over 6 games silly!!
Longterm, though, it may not just be 6 games. In the new arena many fans at this club who enjoy Sunday games currently will simply not be able to go to them.
That is not a choice..that is situation that could be forced upon us.

ASHIPP said:
Btw Panthers are the only Club with a 4pm Sunday face-off. All the other clubs have face-off times at 5pm earliest or later. Imagine the journey Dundee will have to get to Cardiff for a 4pm face-off ! Wonder what happens if the Scottish teams are late?

As for appealing to more families, many familiea go out for meals , do other stuff or stay at home on Sunday. Surely much more likelihood of attracting people to a later faceoff on a Su.day when they might be free....rather than interupting a family outing or activity midafternoon?
Yes it may be old fashioned to say it but Sunday night has ALWAYS been Hockey Night in Cardiff. Most of the angry fans who are posting on this thread will tell you that...people who have followed the team and invested in the Club for a long time.

Not adverse to change at all but to move face-off forward by two hours is simply going to make it physically impossible for many fans to get to the game to see our fantasic team, to experience the facilities of our new home and enjoy the sport we love so much.

And Panthers are better placed geographically than us for travel from the previous night their players will not have to travel as far as ours so 4 pm may suit them, we can probably add 2-3 hrs travel for our boys. Just because something works for the Panthers, it doesn't follow it will work for the Devils. Having a big gobshite announcer works for the Steelers, but may not actually work anywhere else

august04

Glynne isn't the issue here. The issue is that the club should have made people aware of this fundamental change before asking them 2 months ago to commit to a 30 game season ticket (not 24, with 6 wasted for those who can't attend Sunday games at 4). Next season should remain at 6pm. If they want to change to 4pm, advertise that fact at the end of next season so that season ticket purchasers can decide whether they still want to commit on that basis. That's the right way to treat people/customers.

Sliput

august04 said:
Glynne isn't the issue here. The issue is that the club should have made people aware of this fundamental change before asking them 2 months ago to commit to a 30 game season ticket (not 24, with 6 wasted for those who can't attend Sunday games at 4). Next season should remain at 6pm. If they want to change to 4pm, advertise that fact at the end of next season so that season ticket purchasers can decide whether they still want to commit on that basis. That's the right way to treat people/customers.
They havent changed anything !!

People are getting het up over a suggestion. TK and the others will look into it and do what is best for the club , not inividuals.

Wannabe2

Please don't keep using my name in this, I am entitled to my views the same as anyone else, I don't tell anyone how to react, so please don't tell me how to react, how I am feeling is how I am feeling that's for me to handle and has Jack All to do with anyone else. I pay for 3 tickets and missed a lot of games last season, that was down to me and I didn't have a problem with it the money was going to the club and I knew the score. This however is a totally different scenario for me,the goalposts have moved and that means we will miss anything from 18 games upwards between three of us. So that's it, I am not happy some are and that's there perogative.

Status
Not open for further replies.