4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koop11

august04 said:
If the Devils want to go 4pm, so be it. But at least make the change known before season tickets go on sale so that people can make an informed decision about whether to commit to a season ticket or not. People work on Sundays, so this will impact many. It isn't right to announce this fundamental change after most people will have bought their season tickets.
I think this is the important point and lesson learnt here. Fans really should have been given a heads up or at least been party to a discussion about the idea of moving FO times forward a whole 2 hours. To my knowledge there hasn’t been any discussion with fans around this (apologies if I missed it).

This management have been superb and have been rightly praised to the hilt since taking charge. It is only fair though to express disappointment with the way they have gone about this particular matter. Credit to Kelman though, he has responded very quickly on Twitter to put some people’s mind at ease…..for now.

For the record, I’m not in favour of the 4pm. Family commitments could mean missing some games for me. I do understand the idea behind it and clearly it’s worked in other parts of the UK but a two hour difference it quite a leap from a historic time of 6pm.

From a business point of view, the club are probably piloting this for 6 games and will measure the outcome to help inform FO times from the following season on. It will be interesting to see how this works in South Wales.

voth26

d20 said:
skippy said:
d20 said:
I know some will find the change hard but I cant see the difference going between 4.00 or 6.00 as a hockey fan you are pretty much free that day as you know there is a game on unless you work on the sunday !!

As I've said for families it is better and I'm glad the club have thought of this I have 4 season tickets and from my point of view and a families point of view this is perfect as especially sunday games as for me it is a rush once the game is finished even more so on a sunday if the game goes to OT or penalties it then makes the night longer and then makes it later getting the kids home to bed for school the next day,whether it gets changed I would hope the club think of the families as if you don't have any kids its not that bad a deal for you to go home late on a sundays for others it is .
The difference is two hours.

If your in work on a Sunday your probably still there at four.. that's the difference.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
my post did say unless you were in work which I can understand but if you are not then its not really that much of a difference as you would be going anyway plus it gives more time to do things after as the club have though about it .
I work in Swansea and finish at 4pm, a 6pm face off gives me time to collect the four that travel with me including my 8 yr old grandson. I work Saturdays so that nights out for me on a pretty regular basis. so if it is a 4 pm sunday faceoff, then my hockey days are over after 20plus years

I'll probably lose at least half of the stewards too, they find a 6pm face off a struggle as a lot are coming from work, but a 4pm face off means they need to be there at 230pm, means a day off work.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

DevilDom

For me the main point is not whether we have 4pm, 5pm, 6pm or whatever time face offs on a Sunday (although I understand this is very important for some). The main point is that this has been done without consultation and AFTER the vast majority of people have committed to season tickets.

If the management want to make a change that's fine and it there prerogative / gamble on whether crowds will increase, however this should have been done and communicated up-front.

Saying all that it is good to see that Todd has already stepped in to invite feedback and say this will be looked at again.

Sliput

As has been posted by TK, this is nothing definate at the moment. I am sure that if the Devils did decide to go with a 4pm start on a Sunday they would either refund current ST holders or do a deal with them for other games as TK is very PR savvy.

Maybe the Devils are trying to attract more families etc...to the Sunday games, how many times have longterm fans (From any club) moaned that a club always try to get money from the same old fans ?

What suits one will not suit another. I agree that trialing once people had already bought their ST was a strange move but i do think eventually a $pm start,maybe next season, will happen.

ASHIPP

Sorry but I dont think enough thought has actually been given to the fanbase who attend on a Sunday. Sounds like a lot of people will be reconsidering their season tickets. Two lost here...its just not viable. Very angry and sad because our enjoyment has been ruined by a decision out of our control. This after years of following the Devils.

Btw was any consultation sought with representatives of fans and stewards before allowing people to commit to season tickets?

On another subject , has the Club considered the potential Sunday time clash with Blues and Bluebirds games?

A lot of goodwill has been lost today.

Rempel16

Wannabe2 said:
Gutted I am going to cancel my three seats.
Cancelling three full season tickets because of 6 home games that may or may not be 4pm face offs? What about the other 24 home games???

Perhaps the club will look to compensate those that are inconvenienced by those 6 games if they signed up expecting a 6pm face off time.

Wannabe2 said:
Gutted I am going to cancel my three seats.
What a situation for the club to be in, when the Chairman of SORAC after campaigning for this new arena since 2005 will be a victim of that success and no loger able to make Sunday games in the new arena, I know he already misses some Saturdays from his st due to work commitments but still pays for the tickets.

This could be the new regimes first major PR blunder

d20

5.30 is hardly a compromise for families though as its only half hour ,if its going to change make it 5 ,everyone cant be happy but at least give families a chance on a sunday ,if you don't have kids its fair to say that you have your reasons and prefer a later start but thats not always good for others either ,when you kids things work on time and this benefits hugely on a sunday.

4 is great for familes
5 is great for families /others

later times benefit workers and people without kids etc

It's not just the change of time on a Sunday it's also the amount of Saturday games that make it difficult for some people due to work commitments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pleximan

Wannabe2 said:
We that's me buggered 3 season tickets for jack all, can't make 4pm face offs. 9 yrs fighting for the place now this thrown in my face, very unhappy.
I'm sure the Devils didn't change to 4pm to personally upset you!
Very daft thing to say.

I must say I love the change to 4pm on a Sunday, a good move.

Devil94

Don't have kids and don't work sundays, so this doesn't really affect me as such. But looking at all the comments on here and on twitter, I can't see the club going through with the idea. As the message from TK says, don't panic, and send your feedback directly to the club.

Ocko

Although people are obviously Albert annoyed at now being consulted prior to the tickets, and rightly so to an extent. Castle by aside personal preference what's people's opinions on whether this is better for the future of the club?

IMO it's better for the marketability of the club. It's a tough gig to try and sell a late rainy Sunday night (which inevitably most are thought the season) that it is to sell a Sunday afternoon. Add in the family equation where a 1800-1830 finish is within almost all parents tolerance of their children being out late.

From what Todd said Nottingham were able to see increases, there is no reason why we shouldn't. If it's in the interests of the club surely that's a good thing right?

d20 said:
5.30 is hardly a compromise for families though as its only half hour ,if its going to change make it 5 ,everyone cant be happy but at least give families a chance on a sunday ,if you don't have kids its fair to say that you have your reasons and prefer a later start but thats not always good for others either ,when you kids things work on time and this benefits hugely on a sunday.

4 is great for familes
5 is great for families /others

later times benefit workers and people without kids etc

Personally I have no preference but it is a big jump when it has traditionally been 6.00 for nearly ever, perhaps try 5.00. The main issue I can see is everyone has presumed things would remain the same in the new building and purchased season tickets based on that presumption. Maybe a warning of this change should have been mentioned to people at the time of purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.