2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Wannabe2

With the scale of change within the team my expectations for the CHL are non existent. My hopes are high though but you have to take that for what it is. A rookie coach new to the competition. Some players new to Europe and that level of competition. No established chemistry. Lack of pre season preparation. What I do want to see is character and fight through out the team with no passengers and a clear identity being established early by Skalde and whomever the captain will be that this team never gives up, will go the distance for each other and is serious about competing with maximum effort every game.
I think that’s exactly what we will see from these lads, I am so confident of seeing some great hockey with, passion, grit, pride, speed, talent and fight. Think the coach will turn out to be a gem, when I look closely at each player it’s very inspirational going into a new season and you just got to love it. Won’t be long now folks, before the IAW roof gets tested, 3 weeks before we get to see this very good looking team. Stay safe all. Happy Hockey Days.

august04 2.0

Sanford and Cox. They are the real wild card signings that could make or break the season I think. Very young in their pro careers if they break out together it could be like the matzka - pelle - birbrear line mark 2. Hoping Skalde is the right coach at the right time to get those two going.

McNally as well is a real interesting prospect. Strong start to his career. Faltered a little of late but he too could find a real home in Cardiff if he plays the power forward role with maximum effort every night. My tip to become the fans favourite.

Guys like Reid, Crandall, Register etc will get the team to a certain level. It’s the depth guys that will ultimately dictate if we see silverware. However right from the outset I’m happy to give Skalde and the players at least a year to get the wheels of change turning. All very reminiscent of 2014.

What I would say though is in 2014 the players and club were very open with fan engagement that made it easy to reconnect after a period of huge upheaval. TK is now in a position he needs to recreate the magic. I think the social media output needs to go up exponentially from where it currently is so people can start getting to know their new coach and team.
Totally agree about the social media output. We have all these new players signed but interviews with them seem to have dried up recently. Same with Skalde - he arrives in Cardiff this weekend and I’d like to see an extended interview with him released next week, as we need to get to know him too.

moggy#9

Totally agree about the social media output. We have all these new players signed but interviews with them seem to have dried up recently. Same with Skalde - he arrives in Cardiff this weekend and I’d like to see an extended interview with him released next week, as we need to get to know him too.
And if anyone asks, there is no castle in Cardiff. In fact we've no idea who said there was...

Devil94

Nice to see Jarrod will be given a proper Welsh weather welcome this weekend. And I agree about social media, hope we see it pick up when he and the players arrive after a recent drop in output.

moggy#9

We signed Parisi and he visited the castle for a promo trip with some other new guys. Couple of days later Parisi left without ever playing a game for us. It's cursed.
I'm not entirely sure who holds the record for the shortest stay - him, Tony fiore or Paul Castron. Maybe there are other contenders. Actually, did Castron actually even arrive?

voth26

Exactly ”we” don’t, we can only speculate on the actions people make and the words they speak. Yes returning to North America from the UK was problematic in the pandemic, although that situation has evolved significantly in terms of virus spread, knowledge and reaction.

My version hasn’t changed........
Joey wouldn't have a jab, simple as that

Devil94

I'm assuming there's no quarantine period for players coming in, otherwise surely they would be here already. Crazy that in just 11 days they're flying again to Slovakia.

So I'd imagine they will be arriving at the end of this coming week, then a couple of days training in Cardiff at the start of the following week before heading out on the Thursday.

Mazzoak

Joey wouldn't have a jab, simple as that
Strange then that on the 6th August Haddad interview on returning to Greenville Swamp Rabbits for the 2nd yr he references the player bubble, not getting to know players until the end of the season when & l quote “we started getting vaccinated”

https://www.swamprabbits.com/en/video/2021/8/joey-haddad-re-signing-interview-Aeog6dGJ

No mention of being signed at Cardiff and dropping last minute because of a jab. What he does mention is the pride at being in the Swamp Rabbits, it’s amazing organisation with his buddies.......fickle bunch professional sports players.