2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

august04 2.0

Who cares he’s gone. Goodnight.
Totally agree. Haddad did great things for us but he’s history. Let’s concentrate on those players who want to wear the Devils shirt, he obviously didn’t any longer and he might regret that choice once the ECHL gets back to its usual grind. But we move on.

Wannabe2

I'm going to say it as I see it, I myself only care for the here and now and our future, I myself don't give a shit why the players left or how they're getting on but I will say thank you to them and good luck.
Absolutely spot on, that’s how I think most of us think. Thanks guys but now we move on, in 35 yrs we have always moved on and always will.

hip check

Absolutely spot on, that’s how I think most of us think. Thanks guys but now we move on, in 35 yrs we have always moved on and always will.
What other choice do we have other than 'move on'?
I am looking forward to seeing these guys on the ice, I'm not gonna compare them with what's gone before and with previous players, we are the Cardiff Devils, we have rebuilt through circumstances and neccesity, if they wear the jersey they get my support.
We all know how good and popular the player's we've lost are, they have considered circumstances and made their choice, let's enjoy our new team and show them why Cardiff Devils is the place to be.

matbur

Yeah, those guys who've left achieved hell of a lot in a Devils jersey and have set a benchmark, but they're gone now and whilst we wish them well and every success for the future, it's gotta all be about the CURRENT players and team.

For sure, I'll keep an eye out for how they're doing but that's it.

Building a completely new roster isn't all plain sailing regardless of the standard of players that have been recruited, especially with a new coach who is also new to the league.

There are going to be times this season when it'll get tough - they're going to need to figure things out, develop a collective team identity and spirit, and the leaders and characters within the locker room will need to emerge and establish themselves, Skalde will learn that different players will respond to different approaches etc...

There's going to be some bumps along the way this season and when they do happen, as a fanbase, it's important we're 100 percent backing them and not looking backwards at Andrew Lord and the previous era.

Mazzoak

Time to concentrate on our present team now me thinks, it’s about the future now.
Totally agree.

I only mentioned it because my stalker said he wasn’t returning because of a jab, when he’s in fact had one & he had no intention of returning to Cardiff.

If people bothered to read all my comments they’d know my enthusiasm for the current situation, a young team, proper nettie set up and a professional coach. I was commenting for that for a few yrs now......

kingmo19.1

I’m sad to see Haddad go as it would have been interesting to see whether he’d kick on this year after his stand out season with us.

I felt he needed that really good season as the 2 seasons prior were a little bit average in terms of production and I always felt he could produce a bit more.

jenks33

Thread starter #695
Where did you get that from.????
What’s that, the Dupont and Skalde rumours? The EIHL rumours page on twitter has said that both players have signed for us.To be fair to the person that runs that page I can’t remember him/her getting one wrong

jenks33

Thread starter #697
Huge seasons coming up for Duggan and Waller. With us having to go with 11 forwards I assume they will see quite a bit of ice time. Particularly when you throw in short term injuries and suspensions that will happen throughout the season. Is it fair to say Long and Hook are likely to be the 10th and 11th forwards for Belfast? That’s pretty strong to be fair.

voth26

Totally agree.

I only mentioned it because my stalker said he wasn’t returning because of a jab, when he’s in fact had one & he had no intention of returning to Cardiff.

If people bothered to read all my comments they’d know my enthusiasm for the current situation, a young team, proper nettie set up and a professional coach. I was commenting for that for a few yrs now......
I'm not yours or any body elses stalker by any stretch of the imagination, so get that through you head and quickly