2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Jonesy83

Jonesy83 said:
My girlfriend asked Lord at the player meet and greet after tonight's game if the door was open for the Devils to be bringing any more players in and his reply was 'we are closed for business'.
My girlfriend is very sad Lordo fibbed to her, while jumping for joy this morning when reading the news on Facebook lol.

Temme

Jonesy83 said:
Jonesy83 said:
My girlfriend asked Lord at the player meet and greet after tonight's game if the door was open for the Devils to be bringing any more players in and his reply was 'we are closed for business'.
My girlfriend is very sad Lordo fibbed to her, while jumping for joy this morning when reading the news on Facebook lol.

He didn't!

We were closed for business, the player was already signed at this point ;)

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Am I worried about carrying an extra player and how that might affect the chemistry in the dressing room? Yup

Do I care? No!

Haha Get in there! HUGE signing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bb1

Devil_Abroad said:
Am I worried about carrying an extra player and how that might affect the chemistry in the dressing room? Yup

Do I care? No!

Haha Get in there! HUGE signing

Will make zero difference. These guys are used to having to battle for their spots on far bigger rosters in leagues like AHL and KHL.
There's always an injured guy plus everyone will play harder and Lordo could go to bench in crucial games if necessary.

Get in! Exciting times

Jonesy83

Also interesting to hear that it was Frazer McLaren that was the guy who pulled out of coming here. Shows the team were looking to recruit the power forward role pretty much all summer.

august04

That's the final piece of the puzzle sorted. Terrific signing, just a shame that Janssen has gone home - that's one contest I would have liked to have seen this year.

Have Hope#35

Jonesy83 said:
Also interesting to hear that it was Frazer McLaren that was the guy who pulled out of coming here. Shows the team were looking to recruit the power forward role pretty much all summer.
And it also calls into question the sh!t that Simmsy was spouting about us missing out on Rosehill if McLaren was actually the one we missed out on!

Electro said:
So a conversation took place with a person who could not name a player, cos that would have implications regarding trust, but they drop a huge acknowledgment. I could believe this scenario if the person was not going to reveal it on a fan forum. But since you have.

Don't ring true.

If this did happen it's highly likely their just winding up a person who is both a gossip and gullible, knowing their highly likely to write it on the inferno.

Oh electro electro....where are yoooooooooo :lol: :lol:

Temme

Have Hope#35 said:
Jonesy83 said:
And it also calls into question the sh!t that Simmsy was spouting about us missing out on Rosehill if McLaren was actually the one we missed out on!

I dislike Simmsey as much as the next man but if you ask Kelman or anyone at the game they'll tell you that we missed out on Rosehill due to Hendrikx convincing him to head up north.

Devil_Abroad

Temme said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Jonesy83 said:

I dislike Simmsey as much as the next man but if you ask Kelman or anyone at the game they'll tell you that we missed out on Rosehill due to Hendrikx convincing him to head up north.
So he wouldn't have to fight him?!! Lol

august04

Temme said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Jonesy83 said:

It seems Hendrikx felt aggrieved and Finnerty played on this to get Rosehill. If he's that upset, that first Braehead game could be a war. Now we've got the firepower to respond....and more.

Devil May Care said:
Electro said:
So a conversation took place with a person who could not name a player, cos that would have implications regarding trust, but they drop a huge acknowledgment. I could believe this scenario if the person was not going to reveal it on a fan forum. But since you have.

Don't ring true.

If this did happen it's highly likely their just winding up a person who is both a gossip and gullible, knowing their highly likely to write it on the inferno.

Oh electro electro....where are yoooooooooo :lol: :lol:
He's gone to ground! (Hip hip ........ ).

Will no doubt return - bitter and fatter after consuming such a monster portion of Humble Pie!

Come on Electro, let's be having you!

ASHIPP

Philippe Paquet (Fife) injured and out for 6 months. Justin da Silva rumoured to be coming in as a replacement.
Other injuries: Jay Rosehill (Braehead) - puck to the face in game against Belfast last night required hospital treatment.
Schultz, Carter and Wiikman all injured during Panthers' group stage European Cup games this weekend.

Devil_Abroad

Panthers will be disappointed I guess - think they would prefer Lepine? More skilled player?

Wonder why our deal fell through if McLaren agreeing terms with Panthers?