2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
Panthers will be disappointed I guess - think they would prefer Lepine? More skilled player?

Wonder why our deal fell through if McLaren agreeing terms with Panthers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd be surprised if either of them actually happen? I presume Belfast are after a spare if that rumour has any truth... Either that or Walser's injury is worse than rumoured!

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

kingmo19.2 said:
Oh electro electro....where are yoooooooooo :lol: :lol:

He's gone to ground! (Hip hip ........ ).

Will no doubt return - bitter and fatter after consuming such a monster portion of Humble Pie!

Come on Electro, let's be having you!
Was On holiday, no internet, why ?

Finny

Have Hope#35 said:
I'd be surprised if either of them actually happen? I presume Belfast are after a spare if that rumour has any truth... Either that or Walser's injury is worse than rumoured!
I think Belfast are still after an import Dman as Mason is supposed to be active as injury cover.

Have Hope#35

Finny said:
Have Hope#35 said:
I think Belfast are still after an import Dman as Mason is supposed to be active as injury cover.
Makes sense... Knew they'd signed him, didn't realise it was for Injury cover!

Wannabe2

Devil_Abroad said:
Panthers will be disappointed I guess - think they would prefer Lepine? More skilled player?

Maybe he likes guns. That's a joke folks.

Devil_Abroad

Wannabe2 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Oh Wannabe....... [emoji476] (that's a fish at the end of a rod)

Devil_Abroad

Have Hope#35 said:
Finny said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Makes sense... Knew they'd signed him, didn't realise it was for Injury cover!
So many teams starting early pre-season having injury issues already!

wildthing74

Devil_Abroad said:

Different position McLaren is winger. Tough fella though I've seen him play 4 times and he fought in 3 of the games including off a face off with Westgarth. Obviously I'm delighted with Bordeleau but would have been equally happy if we had gotten him.

Devil_Abroad

wildthing74 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Different position McLaren is winger. Tough fella though I've seen him play 4 times and he fought in 3 of the games including off a face off with Westgarth. Obviously I'm delighted with Bordeleau but would have been equally happy if we had gotten him.
do you think Bordeleau offers more in EIHL due to his offensive play at lesser levels earlier in his career?

Wannabe2 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

More so than sheep I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

danhall76 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Perhaps he'd prefer a nicer city, a hockey city?

I don't think we'll get McLaren anyway, if he rejected you guys and you then got Bordeleau on what is likely the biggest wage in EIHL history then he must've wanted a lot of money or isn't particularly interested in the league, like McGrattan. Wouldn't be surprised if we were pushing for Scott, we'll know within the next few days who it is anyway.

Devil_Abroad

PantherB said:
danhall76 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Perhaps he'd prefer a nicer city, a hockey city?

I don't think we'll get McLaren anyway, if he rejected you guys and you then got Bordeleau on what is likely the biggest wage in EIHL history then he must've wanted a lot of money or isn't particularly interested in the league, like McGrattan. Wouldn't be surprised if we were pushing for Scott, we'll know within the next few days who it is anyway.
you think Scott more likely than McLaren? Be way bigger deal if you get Scott, and for EIHL. How big a wage was Jansen compared to Bordeleau?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've heard about bordeleau is he isn't on astronomical wages, he wanted to move away from the Lon road trips in the ahl/echl as he has a young child and wife. He liked he sound of it and what we offered him. He's come because he wanted to, the deal suited him and he wants to show what else he's got. Think we will see a truly amazing player if all this is true [emoji1303]

noodlesboy said:
From what I've heard about bordeleau is he isn't on astronomical wages, he wanted to move away from the Lon road trips in the ahl/echl as he has a young child and wife. He liked he sound of it and what we offered him. He's come because he wanted to, the deal suited him and he wants to show what else he's got. Think we will see a truly amazing player if all this is true [emoji1303]
+1

Those long bus journeys always sounded horrendous. Apart from the money it has to be the worst thing about the drop from NHL to AHL. Of this is true we are in for a treat!